Options

Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down

d56d56 Posts: 5,471
Forum Member
Ok, I'm not the biggest fan of Rita Ora, however listening the snippets of her new song, it does sound very catchy.

It's premiering tomorrow with Nick Grimshaw on Radio 1. Her boyfriend Calvin Harris produced it.

Preview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKc2cqlTwKM

Comments

• Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    i love this song!
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I find her a bit irritating, she seems to pop up everywhere

ok song though

Calvin Harris can do a lot better ;p
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I don't like her and I didn't want to like the song but I actually do it's quite catchy and very uplifting .
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it!

Very upbeat and uplifting, it reminds me of How Will I Know by Whitney in that way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this song already- cant believe we have to wait until May 11.

Video is out too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50GQjUZ4P3M&list=UUTtZUkI_PkWfoUWaX3J4qtg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love this song already- cant believe we have to wait until May 11.

Video is out too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50GQjUZ4P3M&list=UUTtZUkI_PkWfoUWaX3J4qtg

I think it's going to be a big hit for her
  • Options
    constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YAY more mediocrity! Probably her best song yet but that doesn't really say much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not bad. Much better than most of her stuff that I've heard. I still think RIP will always be her best song by far, though.
  • Options
    Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    I love this it's been on repeat since it's come out defintley her best single so far .
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks so good in the black and white segments of the video and so tacky in the other ones! Like Gwen Stefani or JLo-lite, and what's with the bikini and the pink raincoat? But she looks so cute in the black and white bits! Crazy that its the same woman.

Also she looks less like Rihanna than she used to.

The song's not bad, I'm also getting a Whitney Houston vibe from it. Its very summery.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I love this song and video! Rita Ora always seemed to be the epitomy of mediocre to me, perhaps she really will become the next big thing across the world, instead of people just saying she is.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    She looks so good in the black and white segments of the video and so tacky in the other ones! Like Gwen Stefani or JLo-lite, and what's with the bikini and the pink raincoat? But she looks so cute in the black and white bits! Crazy that its the same woman.

Also she looks less like Rihanna than she used to.

The song's not bad, I'm also getting a Whitney Houston vibe from it. Its very summery.

I love the Moschino outfits :D:p
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this song on repeat all afternoon. It's definitely catchy! Very different to anything else she is ever released, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. R.I.P. will always be her biggest hit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really like the song. The video seems a bit weird to me though. The bit where she is dressed as JLo in 2002 in what looks like a hospital corridor looks so cheap and tacky.
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is amazing. I love me some Rita Ora.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dislike the song, dislike her, dislike her voice and dislike the fact she is in 50 shades.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Dislike the song, dislike her, dislike her voice and dislike the fact she is in 50 shades.

nnn :D

the song is okay :doc:
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will be #1
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Underwhelming. Rita and Calvin can both make better music than this but it seems really basic and has a strong-ish hook so it will probably be number one.
  • Options
    adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    The songs good but i wouldn't say its the best and hopefully misses number 1.

There is just something off about Rita which i cant put my finger on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song is incredibly catchy, but the video is a bit of a mess. Should've just kept the black and white shots and her in the pink waterproof thing where she's doing the (quite good) choreography.

Great song though, should be a definite number 1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read that this was the song Jessie J turned down for her album. It does kind of remind me of the feel Its My Party had.

Its not bad, though I wonder why Rita keeps getting left overs. All of her singles have been songs for other artists that they turned down. Maybe its luck on her part?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a leftover. This isn't a good song to say "i'm back, remember me"
    This a bit of step down from her material from her last album. At least her songs from her debut (as half arsed as it felt) had that urban feel. Calvin Harris will probs make her into some of dance queen

Calvin harris as a producer was much better when he wasn't becoming in so much in demand. For me none of this work has ever been as good as the stuff he did with Kylie's X and We found love.
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of Jessie J.