Options

Planets in our solar system

starpress12starpress12 Posts: 212
Forum Member
Starting from the nearest to the Sun, Mercury, Venus, the moon, Earth (us), mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Apart from the moon and Mars I am fascinated by the other planets that have never been visited by us or any of our satellites from what I know of anyway, To think what lies on say the furthest planet away from us Pluto is fascinating to even imagine what is even going on there at the beyond not to mention beyond that planet, what else lurks out there, same as travelling in the other direction, going past the Sun wonder what lies behind it :o.

Comments

• Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pluto isn't a planet.
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Pluto isn't a planet.

Either is the moon
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pluto isn't a planet.

Many failures by the OP. Grade D- must try harder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The moon is the earth's moon, it revolves around the earth therefore it should not be in the order list. Other planets also have moons. The otherside of the sun are the planets of the solar system as we all circle the sun on individual journeys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_System
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we are going to pick the OP apart, then Jupiter should really come before Saturn in the list.
    same as travelling in the other direction, going past the Sun wonder what lies behind it :eek:.

..and then there's that!
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must be weird to be on the dark side of the sun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to know what he has against the Moon and Mars.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pluto isn't a planet.
    yellowpark wrote: »
    Nothing.
    Either is the moon
    Many failures by the OP. Grade D- must try harder.
    If we are going to pick the OP apart, then Jupiter should really come before Saturn in the list.

..and then there's that!

You guys are so mean! :p

C'mon give the new guy a chance!
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we go round the sun (orbit), as do the other planets, at different speeds. so we know what is the other side the sun, we r there for 6months at a time. the only exeption beings things like rocks, meteors etc which get hidden due to their small size.

pluto was downgraded from planet status to something like planetoid or dwarf planet not really due to its small size (similar to the planet mercury) but more to its odd orbit which comes inside the orbit of neptune from time to time. so people think it might be a rouque rock from the left over asteroids which just ended up circling the sun. but it does have 2 tiny moons of its own, which might suggest its a bit more important than we thought-pluto might get its planet status back.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It must be weird to be on the dark side of the sun.

it must be night time all the time.......:o
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting from the nearest to the Sun, Mercury, Venus, the moon, Earth (us), mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Apart from the moon and Mars I am fascinated by the other planets that have never been visited by us or any of our satellites from what I know of anyway, To think what lies on say the furthest planet away from us Pluto is fascinating to even imagine what is even going on there at the beyond not to mention beyond that planet, what else lurks out there, same as travelling in the other direction, going past the Sun wonder what lies behind it :o.

Not our solar system but interesting anyway. :)

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/m/news/news.php?release=2014-119
  • Options
    balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pluto isn't a planet.

It still is in our hearts...:)
    I mean being told you're not a planet must have really hurt.

OP some of the moons of the gas giants hold must interest for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    can I not post a thread without being torn apart all the time, its a discussion thread, it doesn't mean I have to have full knowledge of everything. We are here to share our thoughts with other readers, no need for bitchiness >:(
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either is the moon

* neither
  • Options
    Forum Member
    and also I know the moon isn't a planet I was just trying to explain the whole lot of them, like the MOON and MARS have been visited by us just not the rest of them but I suppose im wrong there too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and also I know the moon isn't a planet I was just trying to explain the whole lot of them, like the MOON and MARS have been visited by us just not the rest of them but I suppose im wrong there too

The moon landings were filmed on earth we didn't go to the moon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FANNY_ANNE wrote: »
    The moon landings were filmed on earth we didn't go to the moon.

Oh god please, tell me you're joking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please tell me you do not believe in God also? :o
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    same as travelling in the other direction, going past the Sun wonder what lies behind it :o.

This amuses me. :kitty:
  • Options
    gkecgkec Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well I wrote the computer software for a spacecraft that landed on Titan a moon of Saturn. I find it hard to believe that you have no knowledge of the spacecraft that have been to Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Pluto will be visited soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    now this thread is getting stupid
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It supposedly took days to get to the moon in a really fast spaceship - yet, magically, the pictures from there arrive straightaway.

....... we're not stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the distinct impression I am being trolled.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    now this thread is getting stupid

:confused: posts go to the top when someone comments, it has nothing to do with how good or bad the post is.