A fictional tale - The Private Life of Benjamin Duncan

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,048
Forum Member
A fictional tale - The Private Life of Benjamin Duncan ;)

Chapter 1

Ben draped languidly on an overstuffed chaise lounge in the morning room of his Edwardian Mansion flat in Marylebone. He was tired; never one to cope without a good 8 hours sleep, Ben had had little undisturbed rest ever since he won the final series of Big Brother.

He rang a small silver bell to summon Molio, his Manservant. Molio was dressed in a PVC gimp suit which immediately irritated Ben. Having offered the unemployed actor slash male model employment, after his lacklustre performance on BB resulted in no media work and no interest from wealthy older men wishing to be his Sugar Daddy, it was a constant annoyance that Molio insisted on wearing his own clothes. Ben detested PVC; it was common.

Ben had kindly offered to share his own wardrobe of cashmere sweaters and coloured corduroy jeans – there was a vintage morning suit that would be very befitting of the Moles status as Butler/Valet/Chest Shaver. Unfortunately Molio liked the tight fit of the gimp suit as he believed it showed off his abnormally large left testicle to its best advantage. He was strangely proud of his unusual balls, and showed them off at any given opportunity.

“What’s on today’s itinerary” Ben asked, averting his eyes from Molio’s oversized groin region in case once again, a wiener mysteriously tried to escape and find its way towards Ben’s bottom. “Today is the premier of the Musical, starring the Baron & the Pop Idol Reject, Cutie McFoghorn. It’s loosely based on Grease, but set in Northern Ireland. It tells the story of a talented young soldier, trapped in the Army but dreaming of stardom, and a trolley dolly, with a small but not extraordinary talent, who keeps getting rejected from RTV shows for simply not really cutting the mustard and having a gob the size of the Mersey Tunnel. It was panned at the previews by The Daily Star Theatre critic but it would be nice for us to go and offer support to our former housemates.”

“Oh far too dull” Ben wailed – “I have arranged to have lunch with the Ladettes that I met when I was last on that far superior show. Such fun girls, I intended to introduce them to Lady Corin. She could teach them a thing or two about graceful behaviour, elegance and genteel conversation. Nobody carries off a pearl necklace better than Corin. What she doesn’t know about Coronation Street can be written on the back of Dame Shirley Bassey’s passport photograph”. Corin was Ben’s dearest and most loyal friend.

Ben yearned for the days when, prior to BB11, he was a much valued Bachelor at all the best Central London parties, with his friend Raeffromtheapprentice, the amusing Caribbean postman with the jaunty scarf, his Saudi Arabian friend that he met in the off licence, and The Princess of Bahrain. All his chums are very stylish, but none more so than the Lady Corin.

“You must attend the premier” whinged Molio “the big stiffy has been sat atop your marble mantelpiece for weeks and I RSVP’d for us both weeks ago”. Ben sighed, but his good manners prevailed over all, and decided with a heavy heart, that they would attend as agreed.

“Molio, please run me an asses milk bath and lay out my smoking jacket, the one made from gossamer spun by almost extinct spiders” asked Ben politely “and then polish my best calf skin spats”.

Ben closed his eyes, rubbed a little hemorrhoid cream under his puffy bags (a beauty tip he had picked up from the handsome & well kempt Baron) placing cucumber slices gently upon them to sooth.

His reverie is interrupted by the ring of his traditional Bakelite telephone. “I wonder who that can be” Ben thinks to himself , “ I went ex directory immediately after appearing in Sex in Court due to the ghastly trouble with Juror number 4.”

He gingerly picks up the telephone receiver. Ben was a marvellous mimic, and assuming an amusing accent and uncouth manners that he learnt from an Australian chap had once encountered, he said “G’Day mate, who the f***’s that? ”.

Silence on the other end of the phone, punctuated by heavy breathing. “Not again !” he cried, reverting to his nicely rounded RP accent, “I have asked you very nicely not to make these disturbing telephone calls. It’s you isn’t it Gloria Hunniford? Just because I spoke to you once at a party in Central London, it is no reason to keep hounding me. We only became friends because I was terribly hurt that Joan Collins gave me the death stare. I know I like the older ladies but I do not want to be your screen husband on the 5 O’Clock Show. I have my American Career to think of, and if they assume that I am some kind of walker for OAP’s I’ll never get my break with CNN as their Middle Eastern political correspondent with the plummy British accent”.

“Gloria Hunniford again” Mario enquired, walking back into Ben’s flower filled drawing room, scented with peonies and roses. He was carrying an Egyptian cotton robe with a golden monogram, the letters BDofT, beneath a tiny crown “She ought to know better at her age. Her HRT dosage needs to be adjusted”.

He slipped the robe over Ben’s neat shoulders, but couldn’t resist a momentary massage. His eyes rolled back in his head and for a brief moment he began to tremble, but pulled himself together. Molio knew that if he persisted with his wiener obsession, Ben would have no hesitation in firing him immediately. Being close to Ben, in any way shape or form, helped Molio get through his sad, lonely day.

Comments

• emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Haha, brilliant. Poor Molio.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    :D

^^Oh damn the message is too short GRRRRRR

Actually that's something Ben would say... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely work, although I don't want to start feeling sorry for Molio!
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahahaha, good work :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brillant, has no business being on page 2:o
  • icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    heh heh great stuff :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Cutie McFoghorn made coffee come out my nose :( it burns!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    very good:D

Ben is very like Gunner "la di da" Graham from "It ain't half hot mum"
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent Babycakes, can we look forward to the next episode soon.:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Have lurked for weeks, but your post made want to say, unless you are employed as a writer your talents are wasted. Such wit and observation my Ribena went down my nose at one point>> Awsome work well done
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,134
    Forum Member
    Hello:)

Pure brilliance.

It reminds me of 'A diary of a nobody'.

That world is Ben's spiritual home.

Charles Pooter

You can download it free from here: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/1026

The funniest book in the world.

Sample:
    Another ring at the bell; it was Gowing, who said he “must apologise for coming so often, and that one of these days we must come round to him.” I said: “A very extraordinary thing has struck me.” “Something funny, as usual,” said Cummings. “Yes,” I replied; “I think even you will say so this time. It’s concerning you both; for doesn’t it seem odd that Gowing’s always coming and Cummings’ always going?” Carrie, who had evidently quite forgotten about the bath, went into fits of laughter, and as for myself, I fairly doubled up in my chair, till it cracked beneath me. I think this was one of the best jokes I have ever made.

Imagine Ben writing the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello:)

Pure brilliance.

It reminds me of 'A diary of a nobody'.

That world is Ben's spiritual home.

Charles Pooter

You can download it free from here: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/1026

The funniest book in the world.

Sample:

Imagine Ben writing the same.

Apt title too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Good stuff Babycakes :D:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd best watch out Babycakes - I've already incurred the wroth of the Bennites and been threatened with being reported by them for saying far less against their beloved Ben today. A bit like him, they haven't much of a sense of humour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,048
    Forum Member
    Sammylammy wrote: »
    Have lurked for weeks, but your post made want to say, unless you are employed as a writer your talents are wasted. Such wit and observation my Ribena went down my nose at one point>> Awsome work well done

Thanks :) I used to be a freelance writer and a magazine editor, but I'm more traditionally employed these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    babycakes wrote: »

Nobody - Ben fan, or not- could fail to be impressed with this for creativity and bleedin' funniness:D. You are awesome, you rule the forum and I now adore you.

It's the rare gem like this that keeps me coming back despite the many posts of bilious, juvenile insults I often have to wade through. More posters like babycakes please!

*stands up and salutes*

ps Can we have some more?:)
    Forum Member
    You'd best watch out Babycakes - I've already incurred the wroth of the Bennites and been threatened with being reported by them for saying far less against their beloved Ben today. A bit like him, they haven't much of a sense of humour.

Nah, we all love him warts & all. He's funny.

I want his exit music to be Pomp & Circumstance :)

Be nice to us Bennites and you'll see they all have a great sense of humour, just like Ben x
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    That was quite a read, and very good. More interesting than live-feed. Thumbs up!:D
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On the contrary I am what you would call a 'Bennite' and I found that very amusing. I thought it was very well composed.

I also have a great sense of humour if I may be so bold as to say so myself.

I would also imagine quite a number of the other 'Bennites' will see the post for what it is. A good piece of work well written.

I don't think you can generalise and say us 'Bennites' don't have much of a sense of humour. You don't know us :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,751
    Forum Member
    A bit crap really it's dave who licks ben's behind
    Forum Member
    lovinit44 wrote: »

Thanks for your positive and encouraging response, I may try to incorporate that scenario into future chapters :rolleyes:
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On the contrary, I think you will find most Bennites have a great sense of humour, Its the rather billious childish vile rants that tend to make them turn it off, in fact Babycakes is a good representation of many you will find in their thread.
  • champers9147champers9147 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    babycakes wrote: »

Chapter 1

Ben draped languidly on an overstuffed chaise lounge in the morning room of his Edwardian Mansion flat in Marylebone. He was tired; never one to cope without a good 8 hours sleep, Ben had had little undisturbed rest ever since he won the final series of Big Brother.

He rang a small silver bell to summon Molio, his Manservant. Molio was dressed in a PVC gimp suit which immediately irritated Ben. Having offered the unemployed actor slash male model employment, after his lacklustre performance on BB resulted in no media work and no interest from wealthy older men wishing to be his Sugar Daddy, it was a constant annoyance that Molio insisted on wearing his own clothes. Ben detested PVC; it was common.

Ben had kindly offered to share his own wardrobe of cashmere sweaters and coloured corduroy jeans – there was a vintage morning suit that would be very befitting of the Moles status as Butler/Valet/Chest Shaver. Unfortunately Molio liked the tight fit of the gimp suit as he believed it showed off his abnormally large left testicle to its best advantage. He was strangely proud of his unusual balls, and showed them off at any given opportunity.

“What’s on today’s itinerary” Ben asked, averting his eyes from Molio’s oversized groin region in case once again, a wiener mysteriously tried to escape and find its way towards Ben’s bottom. “Today is the premier of the Musical, starring the Baron & the Pop Idol Reject, Cutie McFoghorn. It’s loosely based on Grease, but set in Northern Ireland. It tells the story of a talented young soldier, trapped in the Army but dreaming of stardom, and a trolley dolly, with a small but not extraordinary talent, who keeps getting rejected from RTV shows for simply not really cutting the mustard and having a gob the size of the Mersey Tunnel. It was panned at the previews by The Daily Star Theatre critic but it would be nice for us to go and offer support to our former housemates.”

“Oh far too dull” Ben wailed – “I have arranged to have lunch with the Ladettes that I met when I was last on that far superior show. Such fun girls, I intended to introduce them to Lady Corin. She could teach them a thing or two about graceful behaviour, elegance and genteel conversation. Nobody carries off a pearl necklace better than Corin. What she doesn’t know about Coronation Street can be written on the back of Dame Shirley Bassey’s passport photograph”. Corin was Ben’s dearest and most loyal friend.

Ben yearned for the days when, prior to BB11, he was a much valued Bachelor at all the best Central London parties, with his friend Raeffromtheapprentice, the amusing Caribbean postman with the jaunty scarf, his Saudi Arabian friend that he met in the off licence, and The Princess of Bahrain. All his chums are very stylish, but none more so than the Lady Corin.

“You must attend the premier” whinged Molio “the big stiffy has been sat atop your marble mantelpiece for weeks and I RSVP’d for us both weeks ago”. Ben sighed, but his good manners prevailed over all, and decided with a heavy heart, that they would attend as agreed.

“Molio, please run me an asses milk bath and lay out my smoking jacket, the one made from gossamer spun by almost extinct spiders” asked Ben politely “and then polish my best calf skin spats”.

Ben closed his eyes, rubbed a little hemorrhoid cream under his puffy bags (a beauty tip he had picked up from the handsome & well kempt Baron) placing cucumber slices gently upon them to sooth.

His reverie is interrupted by the ring of his traditional Bakelite telephone. “I wonder who that can be” Ben thinks to himself , “ I went ex directory immediately after appearing in Sex in Court due to the ghastly trouble with Juror number 4.”

He gingerly picks up the telephone receiver. Ben was a marvellous mimic, and assuming an amusing accent and uncouth manners that he learnt from an Australian chap had once encountered, he said “G’Day mate, who the f***’s that? ”.

Silence on the other end of the phone, punctuated by heavy breathing. “Not again !” he cried, reverting to his nicely rounded RP accent, “I have asked you very nicely not to make these disturbing telephone calls. It’s you isn’t it Gloria Hunniford? Just because I spoke to you once at a party in Central London, it is no reason to keep hounding me. We only became friends because I was terribly hurt that Joan Collins gave me the death stare. I know I like the older ladies but I do not want to be your screen husband on the 5 O’Clock Show. I have my American Career to think of, and if they assume that I am some kind of walker for OAP’s I’ll never get my break with CNN as their Middle Eastern political correspondent with the plummy British accent”.

“Gloria Hunniford again” Mario enquired, walking back into Ben’s flower filled drawing room, scented with peonies and roses. He was carrying an Egyptian cotton robe with a golden monogram, the letters BDofT, beneath a tiny crown “She ought to know better at her age. Her HRT dosage needs to be adjusted”.

He slipped the robe over Ben’s neat shoulders, but couldn’t resist a momentary massage. His eyes rolled back in his head and for a brief moment he began to tremble, but pulled himself together. Molio knew that if he persisted with his wiener obsession, Ben would have no hesitation in firing him immediately. Being close to Ben, in any way shape or form, helped Molio get through his sad, lonely day.

Fantastic Babycakes :)
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    Brilliant. Well done.
  • champers9147champers9147 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    lovinit44 wrote: »

There's always one! :mad: