Execution By Anti Aircraft Gun

Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-32716749
North Korea's Defence Minister Hyon Yong-chol has been executed for showing disloyalty to leader Kim Jong-un, South Korea's spy agency has told parliament.

MPs were told Mr Hyon was killed on 30 April by anti-aircraft fire in front of an audience of hundreds, the Yonhap news agency reports.

It said Mr Hyon had fallen asleep during an event attended by Kim Jong-un and had not carried out instructions.

The news comes weeks after the reported execution of 15 senior officials.

Among them were two vice ministers who had challenged Mr Kim over his policies and members of an orchestra, the South's National Intelligence Agency (NIS) said at the time.

Blown up by anti aircraft gun for falling asleep at an event! :o

We laugh at this barbaric country, but this, and the other 15 executions recently bring home the reality of what a crazy bunch of people really mean when they run a country.

We've had all sorts of nonsense spouted this week about what is happening here, but this shows what type of country many live in, and just how well off we are here.

Comments

• pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should have known he'd cop some flak for falling asleep.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet it's still far preferable to being burnt alive, stoned to death or beheaded with a knife.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Kim Jong-un just sit there on his thrown thinking up ways of murdering people on a whim? That's how I picture it!

Minion: How shall we deal with him, illustrious Leader?

Kim Jong-Un: Ummmm, death I think.

Minion: How shall we do it, oh wise Leader?

KJU: Oh, I'm feeling particularly cheeky today, lets go with an anti aircraft gun.

Minion: Oh good choice, my Leader most high.

Not that I'm trying to belittle the barbarity of the situation but the country and its leader are utterly insane.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Yet it's still far preferable to being burnt alive, stoned to death or beheaded with a knife.

Just varying degrees of utter insanity.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pianoforte wrote: »

Lol, very good :D
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

As a method of execution I guess it's one of the better from the victims point of view.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God it reminds me of.

Vyvyan where did you get that howitzer?

Found it

Well, you can just about bloomin' well put it back this instant, young man!

I will, I will. Just as soon as I've blown you to pieces.
  • CosinCosin Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like he got the idea from 'The Interview'. Why he'd do it to one of his own is beyond me, but that's the measure of the guy. Sick, twisted and paranoid.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Did they fire him through the air out of a cannon before they started shooting at him?
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 5,958
    Forum Member
    The man is a lunatic, someone should seriously take him out.
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    EvieJ wrote: »

I think the media are being extremely harsh on the North Korean leader. >:(

It appears the Defence Minister Hyon Yong-cho, was ‘publically’ obliterated by anti-aircraft fire for failing to ‘carry out instructions’;......dozing off was probably the final straw.

There is no specific mention of the instructions that the vaporised Defence Chief failed to carry out. :confused:

So there you have it;

.... Kim Jong-un is completely sane after all ! :)
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Kinda grisly but I wonder what such an execution would involve?

Strap the guy to a frame right in front of the gun's muzzle or attempt it from a greater distance?

Traditionally, AA guns are damned large calibre and they're not exactly easy to aim accurately, unless it was fixed to some kind of special rig.
    Or, perhaps a more modern, small, calibre, "minigun" style AA gun was used?

Incredibly surreal and, of course, barbaric.

Kind of adds an extra element to the barbarism when the leader of a country is simply coming up with "novelty" methods of executing people, apparently for his own amusement too.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I dunno, I mean if I had to be executed, by anti-aircraft gun seems pretty quick. Probably preferable to other methods.

Not that I'm condoning it. North Korea is both an insane and interesting country. The books written by escapees are often fascinating.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe coffee and Red Bull is in short supply out there.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Kinda grisly but I wonder what such an execution would involve?

Strap the guy to a frame right in front of the gun's muzzle or attempt it from a greater distance?

Traditionally, AA guns are damned large calibre and they're not exactly easy to aim accurately, unless it was fixed to some kind of special rig.
    Or, perhaps a more modern, small, calibre, "minigun" style AA gun was used?

Incredibly surreal and, of course, barbaric.

Kind of adds an extra element to the barbarism when the leader of a country is simply coming up with "novelty" methods of executing people, apparently for his own amusement too.

Probably left to a contestant on a NK game show.

Left a bit, right a bit, up a bit, down a bit...fire!!
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    EvieJ wrote: »

No likey, no lighty.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Probably left to a contestant on a NK game show.

Left a bit, right a bit, up a bit, down a bit...fire!!

And hope that you didn't actually miss?

Not sure I'd be keen to participate in that show, in case I didn't perform in accordance with Roland's wishes.
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Kimmy like s demonstrating his authority with the occasional purge - Fear is a potent weapon :)
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    The last fellow was torn apart and eaten by dogs wasn't he?

Give me the flak gun any day.
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    I saw that on Sickipedia as well.......... :cool:
  • AnonimusAnonimus Posts: 5,670
    Forum Member
    Er, if my history's wrong then Indian mutineers weren't executed with cannon by the British.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the onlookers only get off on this because it's not them in the firing line. Yet, it seems that only a glance in the wrong direction and 'bingo'. Crazy days.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-32716749

Blown up by anti aircraft gun for falling asleep at an event! :o

We laugh at this barbaric country, but this, and the other 15 executions recently bring home the reality of what a crazy bunch of people really mean when they run a country.

We've had all sorts of nonsense spouted this week about what is happening here, but this shows what type of country many live in, and just how well off we are here.

And some people in the thread below want to go there. Seriously. Have they been taking too many shrooms.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2069578

Once again.

North Korea.
    https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2014/north-korea

United Kingdom.
    https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2015/united-kingdom

Nuff said.
    Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK, or North Korea)

Any country having the word 'democratic' in their name is probably not.

See the former East Germany or GDR.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Kim's hairdresser still lives.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNsYBu9BdANZwhBtkfpjwcbraSvR-BPIF8ckTJPF189b8n-UP-oQ

Yeah, I'd still visit. There's more to the country than what you are told.

Besides, a lot of the alleged gorey stuff comes out of pro-Western South Korea. North Korea keep schtum whether they've done it or not because it just suits them to look hard and fearless.

The massive amount of drug-running, murder and paedophilia doesn't stop people from visiting Thailand and Indonesia. Or the police corruption and beheadings in Mexico that don't stop Brits flinging their money at Cancun resorts. Or the endless child rape and murder in Brazil by (allegedly) their own police in collusion with gangs, does that ever stop people going down to Rio?
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anonimus wrote: »
    Er, if my history's wrong then Indian mutineers weren't executed with cannon by the British.

Your history is not wrong.

http://www.omgfacts.com/lists/11354/British-soldiers-executed-Indian-rebels-by-tying-them-to-the-mouth-of-a-canon-then-firing-it