90 minute BOTS - what was the point ?

Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
Forum Member
✭✭✭
last night's BOTS , absolute waste of time , why was it 90 minutes ? it was just filled out with pointless games and songs (Lauren Harries .. ugh) and a w@nking competiton ffs .

30 mins of LF would've been welcome .

Comments

• PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    It was dire. Lauren Harries awful, Rylan awful , BOTS really has to up its game big time
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BOTS needs to go in the bin.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've said for a couple of years that there only really needs to be two editions of BOTS a week

Monday night for the official noms announcement and discussion thereof

and

Friday night for discussion of the eviction and interview with the evictee
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 minutes of live feed would be better than that rubbish
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I've said for a couple of years that there only really needs to be two editions of BOTS a week

Monday night for the official noms announcement and discussion thereof

and

Friday night for discussion of the eviction and interview with the evictee

I don't much care for the show on any day. I couldn't give a shit what a handful of bussed in nomarks and tenuously famous nomarks think about the episode I've just watched. Why would I? Why would anyone?
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it'd be nice if there were more clips from the house , but there's hardly any !
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far too long and the guests were dire....at least do something interesting .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    it'd be nice if there were more clips from the house , but there's hardly any !

That's what the spin off should be - a glorified Diary Room Uncut, adding flesh to the bones of the highlights show with footage that didn't make the cut because it wasn't in keeping with the narrative.

I'm sure there was plenty of other stuff that went on yesterday besides the nominations and the "fall out".

In the absence of live feed, the spin off's job should be to fill in the blanks, help us know the housemates better - not via phonecalls to their mothers, but by showing us what they've been up to.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is a regular slot now. It's on for 90 minutes next Monday as well.

Agree with qwertyell above.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qwertyell wrote: »
    That's what the spin off should be - a glorified Diary Room Uncut, adding flesh to the bones of the highlights show with footage that didn't make the cut because it wasn't in keeping with the narrative.

I'm sure there was plenty of other stuff that went on yesterday besides the nominations and the "fall out".

In the absence of live feed, the spin off's job should be to fill in the blanks, help us know the housemates better - not via phonecalls to their mothers, but by showing us what they've been up to.

Can't rely on BOTS, Its just a taking the piss show with no coverage what so ever.
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a waste of time. Just have LF instead.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was really awful I can see the bigger bots disappearing very soon.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Massaging the ego of Rylan and his cronies.
  • Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree - what's the point -
    I have watched it this season but turned it off when Lauren Harries started to sing.

I would prefer it to be cancelled and the money used on the main show.

I think there are better opinions on Digital Spy than bbots.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Thankfully I recorded it. I still gave up half way through. The panel was shite. Why Denise Robinson, she was rubbish last year yet here she is again. An hour is long enough and as others have said either live feed or DR uncut would be better.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ad breaks were 7-8minutes long. Despite Rylan saying back in 3.So there wasn't much extra content
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i can barely last an hour :o 30 more minutes of Jack this, Jack that, Jack Jack Jack , NIGHTMARE :o
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Massaging the ego of Rylan and his cronies.

thing is - I don't mind Rylan , he's pretty sharp and knows what's going on (none of the guests do) and he basically has to carry it , even the production staff don't help anymore , .

it's just : here's a studio , a bunch of idiot guests , fill 90 minutes .
  • this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rylan needs something to do
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artemis1 wrote: »
    Have to agree - what's the point -
    I have watched it this season but turned it off when Lauren Harries started to sing.

I would prefer it to be cancelled and the money used on the main show.

I think there are better opinions on Digital Spy than bbots.

That's also when I gave up.
    I think Rylan is a good presenter but they gave him literally nothing to work with last niight apart from a lot of daft stuff that was more like an episode of celeb juice, very little had anything to do with BB and it was obvious Denise hadn't even been watching.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    i can barely last an hour :o 30 more minutes of Jack this Jack that Jack Jack Jack , NIGHTMARE :o

TBF last night when Jack was mentioned it was more negitive

Someone said he was obviously pissed off about using his pass and only did it to look good but if he only had one he wouldn't.

Most seemed quite Anti Jack.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,889
    Forum Member
    It was dire. Lauren Harries awful, Rylan awful , BOTS really has to up its game big time
    Bring back Russell Brand, or even Dermie ! Even Russell's ball bags would seem entertaining compared to this crap.
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman on the bottom far left hand side was in the same House tour as me in 2013... that i think was the only thing on the show that was interesting (for me)...

Rylan really is the worst presenter of an adult aim show.
  • johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of half hour programs of Diary room uncut would be much more fun and valuable as an insight into the HMs characters.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnan wrote: »
    A couple of half hour programs of Diary room uncut would be much more fun and valuable as an insight into the HMs characters.

You are so spot on...;-)