Options

How would you react if your parents were swingers

mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
Forum Member
As the title says.

Its not something i like to think about, but i think i would be annoyed if they had used the internet for it.I dont think any child would like to see their Parent on a swingers site.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering they're dead... quite surprised!
  • Options
    SpiritwalkerSpiritwalker Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how do you think I feel? I was born from a swinging encounter, any passing stranger could be my father
  • Options
    MidiboyMidiboy Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    If they were both still alive, both consenting, both safe and weren't flaunting it in front of me then whatever makes them happy really.

It would be none of my business.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how do you think I feel? I was born from a swinging encounter, any passing stranger could be my father

Hopefully not still swinging though! ;):eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so, I'd like a wee brother :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    Not something I want to contemplate before lunch, thanks.
    Besides, mum's replacement hip might get in the way, and where would dad park his walking stick?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fosdyke wrote: »
    where would dad park his walking stick?

You dont really want that answering do you. :eek:

As to Swinging... whatever floats your boat
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever yanks yer crank :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mollymoralsmollymorals Posts: 13,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nah good on em i'd say, and as long as they were happy.

my parents had a normal (for want of a better word) sex life, yet they were not happy....perhaps swingng might have put a smile on me mothers face...who know :D
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My parents' sex life is none of my business. They've been at it far longer than I've been alive - obviously :D - so why should what they do be any of my business?

Edit to add this bit, which I've only just thought about
    mintbro wrote: »
    I dont think any child would like to see their Parent on a swingers site.
    Hang on a minute, so if a person is on a swingers' site and sees his parents there, he must be a swinger himself, mustn't he?
    So it's OK for him to be a swinger, but it's not OK for his Mum and Dad to do the very same thing?
    As long as he doesn't end up swinging with his Mum and Dad - because incest is illegal, of course - then that's a bit hypocritical, I'd say.
  • Options
    ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Midiboy wrote: »
    If they were both still alive, both consenting, both safe and weren't flaunting it in front of me then whatever makes them happy really.

It would be none of my business.
    Absolutely.

Parents can't run their lives according to whether their children would like it or not - the kids don't usually run their's according to whether their parents would like it!

As long as they are discreet and avoid causing the kids undue embarrassment then it's their business.
    It's THEIR life after all and they can lead it exactly how they like.
  • Options
    michelle666michelle666 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit I would feel a bit squeamish about it, the thought of my Parents having sex full stop is not an appealing one. It's completely irrational of course, after all it's not like I was really bought in Woolworths. :o

Their sex life's none of my business though.
  • Options
    littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My parents were party animals even after me and my younger brother were born.

I have no knowledge of them being into that sort of thing (all those years ago). It would be a bit worry if they were, and it was with a group that didn't use condoms. This type of knowledge would mean the thought of DNA testing being an immediate neccesity. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Why on earth do people think swingers are perverts and should be shipped off to Sodom and Gomorra? Swinging is not debauchery and need not be sleazy. Be honest has no one seen someone be it on TV, in the high street or in your local for that matter and thought “O ye he/she is alright I wouldn’t mind a piece of that” come on be truthful. I bet about 90% of you have. Well what is the difference; there are many types of swinging not just full sex wife swapping. Exchanging erotic email or text messages is a form of swinging so is it really that bad. You take things at your own pace and most swingers don’t even want sex with other people they just want to spice up what they have, fare enough it can be risky if your not very secure in your relationship but most swingers are open enough to admit they want to spice things up.

What really gets up my nose are the labels society put on swingers which are not warranted in any way shape or form. If a group of consenting adults want to attend a private members club what is wrong with that does is make a difference that they have rings on their fingers I mean how long has the club 18 – 30 holiday market been going, you may be surprised to know that there is a lot more debauchery goes on when on this type of holiday than in a swingers club. Let’s not label swingers as sleazy perverts but admire them for having the courage to explore their sexual fantasies without showing the inhibitions of most of us.

If my parents where swingers it may have stopped my father having a string of affairs
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Why have you dredged up three old threads about this and posted identical posts on each?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andyd34 wrote: »
    Why on earth do people think swingers are perverts and should be shipped off to Sodom and Gomorra? Swinging is not debauchery and need not be sleazy. Be honest has no one seen someone be it on TV, in the high street or in your local for that matter and thought “O ye he/she is alright I wouldn’t mind a piece of that” come on be truthful. I bet about 90% of you have. Well what is the difference; there are many types of swinging not just full sex wife swapping. Exchanging erotic email or text messages is a form of swinging so is it really that bad. You take things at your own pace and most swingers don’t even want sex with other people they just want to spice up what they have, fare enough it can be risky if your not very secure in your relationship but most swingers are open enough to admit they want to spice things up.

What really gets up my nose are the labels society put on swingers which are not warranted in any way shape or form. If a group of consenting adults want to attend a private members club what is wrong with that does is make a difference that they have rings on their fingers I mean how long has the club 18 – 30 holiday market been going, you may be surprised to know that there is a lot more debauchery goes on when on this type of holiday than in a swingers club. Let’s not label swingers as sleazy perverts but admire them for having the courage to explore their sexual fantasies without showing the inhibitions of most of us.

If my parents where swingers it may have stopped my father having a string of affairs

I take it you're a swinger then? :eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why have you dredged up three old threads about this and posted identical posts on each?

Was just going to post the same Radio. I don't understand it at all.
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You took the words right out of my mouth
  • Options
    JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cause he's an angry swinger?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonJonb's post not showing
  • Options
    HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was wonderin that meself, summat must be playin on his mind! ;)

Now am wonderin if, when the the Forum PCSOs get up, they'll commend him for using the search feature, or bollock him for bumpin old threads? :D
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Was wonderin that meself, summat must be playin on his mind! ;)

Now am wonderin if, when the the Forum PCSOs get up, they'll commend him for using the search feature, or bollock him for bumpin old threads? :D

I've got nothing against old threads, some of them are very useful and interesting and I've added to some myself - but 3 is going a bit far, especially with the exact same post on each - it's like a new form of spamming!
  • Options
    HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got nothing against old threads, some of them are very useful and interesting and I've added to some myself - but 3 is going a bit far, especially with the exact same post on each - it's like a new form of spamming!
    calm down! I wasn't including you in the Thread PCSO brigade! :p as i said, I was pondering why he did it meself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hes made three posts..and raised three old threads...Been here before maybe..;)
This discussion has been closed.