Crossfade playback on iPod Nano?

jamrit123jamrit123 Posts: 86
Forum Member
Is it possible? I know it's available in iTunes but I want to knbow if the feature is available on the iPod Nano itself.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, it cant! Mine always has a small gap between songs in certain albums, for example, Sgt Peppers, which all links together.
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Quite annoying when it doesn't, I find crossfade annoying when you want there to be a gap - sometimes I've just joined the MP3s together or re-ripped to a single file. Most of my MP3 players do this annoying pop noise between tracks as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant say I've heard that. Only the 30/80gb iPods do Gapless, so annoying. Surely they could let the Nano do that via a firmware update.
    Forum Member
    Cant say I've heard that. Only the 30/80gb iPods do Gapless, so annoying. Surely they could let the Nano do that via a firmware update.
    What it really is more than anything is a click as it stops the output from one track and loads the next, it's not an option, it's just something you notice more because a) you're using headphones and b) you notice background noise in a track and the MP3 artefacts etc etc which all sound really horrid.

Not an ipod anyway, there's not the point, just cheap mp3 players and the one on my phone.

You're 3 off 1000 btw :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a Phillips, and the HD used to make a massive "Click" every time i changed a song. Beat that!
    1000 Posts!!!!!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    The new nano I got my dad for his birthday in December does gapless playback, I tested it with Sgt Pepper and with the melody on Abbey Road.
    Forum Member
    I had a Phillips, and the HD used to make a massive "Click" every time i changed a song. Beat that!
    1000 Posts!!!!!! :)
    Ouch. (These are solid state!)

1000 is nothing... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm quite picky about what I like to post about. I never really venture outside the safety zone of Tv/Cult and Computing & Networks.
    Anywhoos, I really don't have much luck with tech stuff do it? There was the TIME we bought a Pc of a certain make. But thats for another TIME. (Get It? ;) )
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm quite picky about what I like to post about. I never really venture outside the safety zone of Tv/Cult and Computing & Networks.
    I don't really tend to venture out of Computing and Networks and the various General forums, GD is fun but chatter seems to be too, well chattery, Advice is fun and obviously i like Sport not that anyone really talks about League 1!

I've posted twice in TV and this is almost unchartered territory.

Anyway, it's quality not quantity, apart from posting on TV shows (which just doesn't interest me) you seem to have that. And a bit less spare time on your hands... how embarrassing is that, having more spare time than a school kid (no offence) :D
    Anywhoos, I really don't have much luck with tech stuff do it? There was the TIME we bought a Pc of a certain make. But thats for another TIME. (Get It? ;) )
    Yes, the blocks do draw more attention to it :rolleyes: :D

How many times have they "closed" now?

Time, Apple ipod and Emachines? You should ask next time. Or self-build, i have another to do tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was reading a magazine this morning, and the seem to be back open, selling plasmas etc. And, whats wrong with an iPod!
    Forum Member
    I was reading a magazine this morning, and the seem to be back open, selling plasmas etc. And, whats wrong with an iPod!
    Yeah, the amount of times (no pun intended) Granville aka Time/Tiny seem to die and then resurface is phenomenal. (The "Computer Shop" in Nottingham is still shuttered though, no-one's got the unit still which is surprising since it's in probably one of the best city centre shopping centres in the Midlands!)

Apple ipod... just don't start me. First of all, there are so many of them, that you don't really know what the difference is without a degree in ipod specs, secondly, they come in so many different cheesy colours and evidently have gone for style over substance, thirdly, that dumb wheel... fourthly, their cost is high compared to other music players of similar spec, fifthly, Quicktime/Itunes/AAC, sixthly, the ****ing batteries, seventhly, the daft hard drive connection meaning sometimes you have to reseat by tapping it on a pad of paper or an expensive repair, eighthly, every chav type seems to have one... I have a MP3 player that takes SD/MMC cards, I can put as many cards as I like in my pocket, or that I can afford (I have about 8 1 GB ones, which also work in my PDA), works off a single AAA battery which means not only is it always available then if the rechargeables i often use die then i can just buy a new one cheaply and easily, etc etc - at a fraction of the cost. Likewise the usb memory stick sized one i have with a FM radio on, and also i have mobile... with a 1 GB MS Pro Duo.
    There are other alternatives - as well as mentioning my CD walkman can play MP3 CDs too. No need really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Buts It's an iPod :p Theres a Computer Shop in Coventry as well, was previously a Time Methinks.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Buts It's an iPod :p

Yeh and? You're smart so you should be able to give a decent answer to this...

What's so good about an ipod compared to other similar specced MP3 players from other competitors?
    Theres a Computer Shop in Coventry as well, was previously a Time Methinks.
    Yeh, same as the one in victoria centre.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForestChav wrote:
    Yeh and? You're smart so you should be able to give a decent answer to this...

Actually, I was trying to be funny! The common answer in school is usually Price>Better. Mine is dying a death of degrading appearance, and battery life. I might get a sony when it dies, but its still under care until march.
    Forum Member
    Actually, I was trying to be funny! The common answer in school is usually Price>Better. Mine is dying a death of degrading appearance, and battery life. I might get a sony when it dies, but its still under care until march.
    Have no answer? I'll take back the smart comment then! :D;)

(not really)

So... what is the point in a player with a paltry battery life, and that is bought on grounds of appearance which is degrading!

I'd hazard a guess that my £50 18 month old 1 GB memory stick like MP3/FM player and the SD card one last longer than your various ipods.

Isn't peer pressure great? Everyone at school has ipods... lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I ended up changing my headphones to some black sonys. Now nobody cares what I'm using! Sounds a LOT better as well. Oh, and my Clickwheels faded as well! I do just love the interface though, the only reason I bought it really.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I ended up changing my headphones to some black sonys. Now nobody cares what I'm using! Sounds a LOT better as well. Oh, and my Clickwheels faded as well! I do just love the interface though, the only reason I bought it really.
    But isn't the click wheel so integral to the way you work the interface? Hardware apart, i think that Itunes is quite possibly the worst program i ever installed on the PC (note past tense).

Headphones/earphones all sound lame, tbf.
    /caresses £150 CD player + £130 amplifier + £100 speakers