Ambassador wrote: »
    Glee Project 3 is set to be confirmed imminently too

What, the show that was cancelled less than a week ago? :confused:
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glee Project 3 is set to be confirmed imminently too

The Glee Project was cancelled by Oxygen last week.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What, the show that was cancelled less than a week ago? :confused:

They were probably being sarky to asyousay's post.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were probably being sarky to asyousay's post.

;)

Spotted
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    ;)

Spotted

Well , colour me amazed that a junkie dies and then the producer would sack 500 people over it - in the real world that would never of washed . It is a business and the show would of gone on as the show is more than the Lea Michelle show .
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While i understand that the show isn't all about Lea Michele, viewers do not take kindly to cast changes and like characters to love and cherish from the start to finish. Shows that do lost original cast members normally see a decline in ratings and are eventually cancelled. As a fan of glee, Finn, Rachel and Kurt are the ultimate trio of the show, alongside Will and Sue. If the show continues with none of them in the show all at once, it would ruin the legacy
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    Well , colour me amazed that a junkie dies and then the producer would sack 500 people over it - in the real world that would never of washed . It is a business and the show would of gone on as the show is more than the Lea Michelle show .

Whatever you think of Cory and the way he died it doesn't change the fact that he meant a lot to the people that he worked with, Lea in particular obviously, in the real world that's not always the case in a workplace. Yes, the show is bigger than Lea but Kurt, Rachel and Finn were the three biggest characters and if the show were to lose two of those three there's no denying that it would lose a lot of viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you think of Cory and the way he died it doesn't change the fact that he meant a lot to the people that he worked with, Lea in particular obviously, in the real world that's not always the case in a workplace. Yes, the show is bigger than Lea but Kurt, Rachel and Finn were the three biggest characters and if the show were to lose two of those three there's no denying that it would lose a lot of viewers.

The same fans who claim to like the show because it is about the underdog, yet when all that's left are under dogs, (not IMO) they desert the show.

I like the show for Blaine and Tina among some of the other STARS of the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The same fans who claim to like the show because it is about the underdog, yet when all that's left are under dogs, (not IMO) they desert the show.

Different people watch for different reasons. No-one can tell someone else why they should or shouldn't continue to watch a show. If people watched it for Cory Monteith and he's no longer in it then they have every right to stop watching. Same with any character/actor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But some people relate to certain characters or the actors that play so may only watch because of that particular person. If they decide to leave or have to be written out for any reason then the decision to keep watching the show is up to each individual fan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But some people relate to certain characters or the actors that play so may only watch because of that particular person. If they decide to leave or have to be written out for any reason then the decision to keep watching the show is up to each individual fan.
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Different people watch for different reasons. No-one can tell someone else why they should or shouldn't continue to watch a show. If people watched it for Cory Monteith and he's no longer in it then they have every right to stop watching. Same with any character/actor.

You only have to watch the fan segments of the Glee concert movie to see who Glee is aimed at.

I doubt any of those featured would give up on the show just because Lea left or Cory died,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You only have to watch the fan segments of the Glee concert movie to see who Glee is aimed at.

I doubt any of those featured would give up on the show just because Lea left or Cory died,

I don't think you can judge an entire fandom based on what a selection of fans have to say. The show means different things for different people. I have seen tweets from people saying that they're going to stop watching after ep 3 in season 5 because that's the episode where they will kill Finn off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you can judge an entire fandom based on what a selection of fans have to say. The show means different things for different people. I have seen tweets from people saying that they're going to stop watching after ep 3 in season 5 because that's the episode where they will kill Finn off.

Of course you can judge the fandom based on who they picked for the FAN segment of the film

There wasn't a single 'normal' person there who liked Finn because he is fit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course you can judge the fandom based on who they picked for the FAN segment of the film

There wasn't a single 'normal' person there who liked Finn because he is fit.

I never said that people liked Finn because he was fit, that's not the only reason for people to like characters on a tv show.

And how can you judge an entire fandom from a selection of fans chosen for a segment of a film of a concert that a selection of fans went to? At the end of the day, some fans of the show relate to Finn and the actor who played him and if they don't want to watch because he is gone they don't have to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never said that people liked Finn because he was fit, that's not the only reason for people to like characters on a tv show.

And how can you judge an entire fandom from a selection of fans chosen for a segment of a film of a concert that a selection of fans went to? At the end of the day, some fans of the show relate to Finn and the actor who played him and if they don't want to watch because he is gone they don't have to.

It's not about them having to watch, it's about people calling themselves fans of a show that is about the underdog, and then quitting the show because the 'stars' quit the show, ignoring all the true underdogs who made the show what it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not about them having to watch, it's about people calling themselves fans of a show that is about the underdog, and then quitting the show because the 'stars' quit the show, ignoring all the true underdogs who made the show what it is.

That's the point people have been making, they don't call themselves fans "of the show", they're fans of a specific character or actor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the point people have been making, they don't call themselves fans "of the show", they're fans of a specific character or actor.

So why ditch the show just because of fans of one 'star' rather than the true fans of the show?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So why ditch the show just because of fans of one 'star' rather than the true fans of the show?

Because according to Ryan Murphy the show wouldn't have happened without Lea Michele and he wouldn't have continued it without her. His show his rules.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because according to Ryan Murphy the show wouldn't have happened without Lea Michele and he wouldn't have continued it without her. His show his rules.

Yes according to him, quoted on the net, after the fact.

I'm sure Glee would have happened without Lea.
  • XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    If they do use it, I bet it's a slowed-downed tearful version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mPAO0R8uuQ

Like this? :)
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I don't know if Wikipedia is lying but according to that Jayma Mays has confirmed that she and Matt Morrison are leaving at the end of Season 5. So personally I don't think Season 6 will happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if Wikipedia is lying but according to that Jayma Mays has confirmed that she and Matt Morrison are leaving at the end of Season 5. So personally I don't think Season 6 will happen.

In an interview for Smurfs 2 she said this would be her last season as a regular and it was the interviewer who said Matt was leaving, he's not confirmed or denied it.
    However, that was before the death of Cory Monteith so it's quite possible the situation has changed and they may remain as recurring guest stars.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma has moved onto a new sitcom, and is just remaining with Glee for a small handful of episodes - although the timing of those eps will probably be changing given the circumstances and subject matter of the early season 5 episode run. There's been tonnes of speculation about Matt Morrison leaving the show at some point in the next season. It makes lots of sense. Seasons 4 and 5 have been split over a school year. When the current seniors (Blaine, Tina, Artie and Sam) graduate - Brittany has already left for good, owing to Heather's pregnancy - all that will be left in the Lima portion of the show will be a handful of newbies. Jake and Marley really didn't become the new Finchel, as was clearly the plan, Ryder hasn't really taken on the mantle of the White Jock Hero as I suspect they were hoping, and Unique and Kitty remain woefully underused. That's what's left to carry the show as a 'Glee club, show choir' high school comedy. Matt has hinted in a few recent interviews that he thinks his time is done with Glee. He doesn't see any stories left for Will with the graduates, only with the younger kids. Once they slip into the background, Matt would be wise to cut his losses and leave the show. He can get a nice storyline detailing his reasons for leaving the school - taking his new wife with him. He and Jayma can get some focus (and songs!), and they leave in a blaze of glory (or something similar!).

The truth is, people watch this show nowadays for the characters they love - not the situation itself. So the shift in focus to new York is natural and kind of inevitable as Artie, Blaine (and possibly Tina and Sam) all head that way to join Rachel, Kurt and Santana, and that's where the vast majority of the audience focus is going to be, after the graduation episode in season 5 (whenever that is). What previously held the two halves of the show together - in season 4, Blaine for the Kurt/Blaine dynamic, and Finn with the same for Finn and Rachel - is gone in Blaine's graduation and Cory's death (likely to be echoed in Finn's death). This show then exists on two entirely separate tracks, with no good reason for the graduates to come back to Lima with the frequency they did last season, or the kind of thematic links that existed for season 4 episodes - Naked, Diva, Britney 2.0, Guilty Pleasures etc - without the characters in the two locations actually interacting. Puck, Mercedes, Mike and Quinn are gone from the show - with the likely exception of the Cory tribute episode, and season finales - so what is left BUT New York? Cory's death has just made it more likely that the show becomes entirely NYC centric by late season 5. His character, at least, was staying in Lima for the foreseeable future, and had maintained links with the McKinley show choir as a temporary director. That's all gone now, and I don't see them hauling any other character back to replace Finn's role as the new choir director. With Cory there, they could have continued to evolve the Glee club, bringing in a handful of new kids each season, but I just don't see that as possible now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But surely those who 'made the show what it is' are the original cast, some of whom have left (as regulars at least). If a fan chooses to stop watching because they quit the show, it hardly means they are 'ignoring the underdogs who made the show what it is' - quite the opposite actually, since they are no longer watching simply because the originals that once helped make the show what it is are no longer a part of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jenilou88 wrote: »
    But surely those who 'made the show what it is' are the original cast, some of whom have left (as regulars at least). If a fan chooses to stop watching because they quit the show, it hardly means they are 'ignoring the underdogs who made the show what it is' - quite the opposite actually, since they are no longer watching simply because the originals that once helped make the show what it is are no longer a part of it.
    No they are just showing they liked the actor / character more than they liked the show.

It's such a shame when the cult of personality, which Glee claims to dislike, takes over from the spirit of the show.
This discussion has been closed.