Do You Enjoy Being Single?

124»

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been single my whole life and I'm really starting to f***ing hate it.

If you really are 22 then you've got plenty of time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 years I have been single and its been great fun, anyway last night I got a call from an old mate asking to nip round to watch a DVD as she was bored.
    2 hours later for no reason she leapt on me during the film and my long break has come to an end :D

It was very very good :D

:D - Stoked!!
    :blush:^_^
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your money is your own
    Watch what u want on the telly
    No nagging burd moaning 24/7
    Go out when you want
    Shag anyone you want
    No fear of the other half claiming half your assetsafter the inevetible break up

Why do so many people get married?

Sometimes. I do like my own space and doing my own thing but sometimes I get lonely. Pity I am so ugly and odd that no one would be attracted to me.
  • mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Due to mental health I'll probably be single till I die
  • Tom_BasilTom_Basil Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.

Not any more.

I'd like to find someone special. I'm sure everyone wants that. The feeling of sharing your life with someone.
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love being single and always will be. Alone but not lonely.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doffer wrote: »
    Love being single and always will be. Alone but not lonely.

Absolutely.

There are times that I want to want to have a relationship, a partner but that is my heart, my hormones trying to tell me that rather than my head.

IMHO, some people, and I include myself in this are not cut out for relationships. If it's for you, if it makes you happy, then great but for people like me, it is not the be all and end all of life. :)
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from a few month relationship a few years ago, I have been single all my adult life. I'm 29 now. I'd love a long term relationship. It'll happen some day. I hope.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked being single for short periods when I was younger just to recharge but the older you get the less appealing it is. I'm in a relationship and my best friend is single and playing the field, has had so many women in the last 5 years but is very very lonely by his own admission and wishes he had someone who means as much to him as my partner does to me.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    I liked being single for short periods when I was younger just to recharge but the older you get the less appealing it is. I'm in a relationship and my best friend is single and playing the field, has had so many women in the last 5 years but is very very lonely by his own admission and wishes he had someone who means as much to him as my partner does to me.

That's why having a relationship is not for me. I have little or no empathy. Relationships mean nothing to me. People don't mean anything to me in in that way. I'm not an emotional person. :)
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I've never been in a "proper" relationship so it's all I know really.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you really are 22 then you've got plenty of time.

I know but I want someone to spend "the best years of my life" with
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know but I want someone to spend "the best years of my life" with

I can understand that. I'm not really in a position to offer any real constructive advice considering my own situation, but I can certainly wish you luck and hope you do meet someone :)
  • DisturbedDisturbed Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    To say 'do you enjoy being single' is to say 'do you enjoy being hated by every member of the opposite sex that you've ever come across'.

yes..I am bitter about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disturbed wrote: »
    To say 'do you enjoy being single' is to say 'do you enjoy being hated by every member of the opposite sex that you've ever come across'.

yes..I am bitter about it.

That's certainly not been the case for me. There's been an element of curiosity, for sure, when I say that i've accepted i'll remain single for life, but nobody has ever been hateful about anything.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    The easy answer is sometimes.
  • Philip DaltonPhilip Dalton Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I have an old friend who never wanted to get married when he was young, then when he was in his fourties he started to toy with the idea. He met someone, had a very short courtship and, after having been married for approximately three months, was getting separated. He ended up having
    an affair with someone pretty soon afterwards.

Does anyone think the problem was he didn't get to know her well enough?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love being single even more given that I've just "dumped" a guy I went for a date with on Friday.

Who then proceeded to text me endlessly, about 60 times a day, about what cup of tea he was having, what food he was eating, what music he was listening to, what he was doing in the gym.... etc.

Would love to find real and true love with a good partner soon though, but he's gotta be a good 'un, and the appropriate one too.

And therein lies the problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an old friend who never wanted to get married when he was young, then when he was in his fourties he started to toy with the idea. He met someone, had a very short courtship and, after having been married for approximately three months, was getting separated. He ended up having
    an affair with someone pretty soon afterwards.

Does anyone think the problem was he didn't get to know her well enough?

My ex has just ended his marriage. Which lasted all of 26 days.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After 7 years single and after getting nailed by a female friend earlier this week I have decided that

A) I missed Sex
    B) I am pretty good at it (and I am only average size downstairs at best - 5" to 5.5" or so)
    C) Making a woman cum is one of the best things on the planet ;)
    D) I no longer enjoy being single and want a bit more than a f-buddy asap tbh!
    E) - Doesn't matter - had sex :D

Going back later for more after a booty call demand ;)
    lol
  • crunchienutcrunchienut Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being in a relationship since i was 15, i've actually never been single in my adult life.
    I have no idea what i'd do if i was suddenly single. Wouldn't know where to start.
  • crunchienutcrunchienut Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's certainly not been the case for me. There's been an element of curiosity, for sure, when I say that i've accepted i'll remain single for life, but nobody has ever been hateful about anything.

I don't think thats true, you just haven't met the right person yet ;)
  • Philip DaltonPhilip Dalton Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    My ex has just ended his marriage. Which lasted all of 26 days.....

Wow, that is a long time!!
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Absolutely hate being single!