The Ratings Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    I am trying to work out whether that's a scary thought or not. There probably are some big differences generationwise because they have grown up in such radically altered tv circumstances. I bet under 25's today are probably bewildered that the BBC closed down in the afternoon and that there were only three (or two) channels once. Certainly my own viewing is 95% terrestrial and the only times I go to multichannel is for sport and to watch programmes that appeared on terrestrial years ago.

I wonder if they is any evidence to suggest that once people reach a certain age they get an irresistible urge to start watching Antiques Roadshow or Flog It? ;-)

...or whether people will start to watch terrestrial tv more the older they get to be a bit more serious about it.
    I think channels like BBC Three, MTV and E4 go specifically for a young audience and the sport channels will attract young sports fans. Certainly a 24 year old isn't going to watch Eggheads or Flog It.
    Also the older audience argument is interesting. A 65 year old now is probably just as likely to watch Mrs Browns Boys as Flog It, where shows that entertained 65 year olds in the eighties like Take The High Road would be seen as too slow and dull now. Indeed TTHR was cancelled as its audience was dying out and not being replaced.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Away from anecdotal evidence of what "the youth" are watching... some actual stats that were posted on the ratings thread for 2013 (sorry, I forgot who posted them initially).

Men 16-24:
    1. I'm a Celebrity 704k
    2. Wimbledon 585k
    3. BGT 550k
    4. Champions League 549k
    5. Doctor Who 543k
    6. Top Gear 486k
    7. X Factor 446k
    8. International Football 414k
    9. EastEnders 410k
    10. Corrie 380k

Women 16-24:
    1. I'm a Celebrity 952k
    2. X Factor 820k
    3. BGT 721k
    4. Doctor Who 720k
    5. EastEnders 656k
    6. Corrie 586k
    7. Children in Need 581k
    8. Miranda 576k
    9. My Big Fat Gypsy Valentine 572k
    10. The Voice 571k
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Initiallly I thought that it could not work without the audience participation etc but some other sitcoms did relatively successful movies so I am now thinking he may pull it off. Not sure the trailer looks too inspiring though.

I thought the trailer looked good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    Away from anecdotal evidence of what "the youth" are watching... some actual stats that were posted on the ratings thread for 2013 (sorry, I forgot who posted them initially).

Men 16-24:
    1. I'm a Celebrity 704k
    2. Wimbledon 585k
    3. BGT 550k
    4. Champions League 549k
    5. Doctor Who 543k
    6. Top Gear 486k
    7. X Factor 446k
    8. International Football 414k
    9. EastEnders 410k
    10. Corrie 380k

Women 16-24:
    1. I'm a Celebrity 952k
    2. X Factor 820k
    3. BGT 721k
    4. Doctor Who 720k
    5. EastEnders 656k
    6. Corrie 586k
    7. Children in Need 581k
    8. Miranda 576k
    9. My Big Fat Gypsy Valentine 572k
    10. The Voice 571k

IAC certainly brings in the demos for ITV.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Great show, hoping Sky Arts won't wait too long to show the third, and final, series, there's only three episodes left of this one.

According to BARB it's getting less than 20k viewers. Hopefully Sky's own return path ratings system is getting a higher figure, so they find it worthwhile showing the final series.

We get all our non live Sky programmes from On Demand, so that must also help their internal ratings.

20% of Stella's audience is via the Internet from On Demand or Sky Go.
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    BGT down to air 7.15-8.30pm apparently in the very early schedules (following on from an FA Cup Semi Final). Amazing Greys running 8.30-9.30pm. Those timings might change a bit though (I could see them extending BGT to 90 mins or so).

Any idea what BBC1 will be showing opposite?
    The repeat for BGT seems to suggest a 75 minute slot too, so I suspect it'll stay as it is. The FA Cup game also kicks off at 5.07pm next week rather than 5.15pm so less chance of an overrun. They're trying to say it's a 5pm kick-off but all games kick off 7 minutes late that week to mark the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough.
    Just a change from all this soap doom and gloom you miserable lot :p:D the trailer for Mrs Brown Boys D Movie (no am not making that word up lol) has been released:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a561003/mrs-browns-boys-dmovie-releases-first-trailer-watch.html

What do we think?
    Always thought this was a bad idea nad that trailer suggest it might be even worse than I feared. The trouble the show might have is unlike the Inbetweeners it's audience isn't probably going to go to the cinema to see it, but I suspect it'll do quite well in DVD sales this Christmas.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't imagine going to the cinema to watch Mrs Brown, I really can't. What audience is it actually going for?
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    I can't imagine going to the cinema to watch Mrs Brown, I really can't. What audience is it actually going for?

The paying audience thats what - and I suspect it will do well.
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering everything on Saturday Night Takeaway is a plug for another ITV show I wonder if they're considering dusting off the big red book again. Could quite easily see This is Your Life being another job for Phillip Schofield.
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brekkie wrote: »
    Considering everything on Saturday Night Takeaway is a plug for another ITV show I wonder if they're considering dusting off the big red book again. Could quite easily see This is Your Life being another job for Phillip Schofield.

They should get Phillip Schofield to be on this is your life, that would be great.

Tonight Phillip you forgot your roots, but all the way from the broom cupboard where you left him......

Gordon the goffer.
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought The Voice possibly put on their best ever live show tonight, really enjoyed it. The Young bloke from JLS (What ever Brand of Cigarette or Engine oil that is:confused:) makes quite a good little presenter for a novice.

Look at Ken watching young persons telly.... ;-)
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    I thought The Voice possibly put on their best ever live show tonight, really enjoyed it. The Young bloke from JLS (What ever Brand of Cigarette or Engine oil that is:confused:) makes quite a good little presenter for a novice.

It was a very good show tonight, great its been renewed for two more years.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lol the name your thinking of is Marvin. I agree though it was a great show tonight a few to many ballads but part form that I really enjoyed it and Will saying
    shit
    "my mum just text me to say she's upset with me" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol the name your thinking of s Marvin. I agree though it was a great show tonight a few to many ballads but part form that I really enjoyed it and Will saying
    shit
    "my mum just text me to say she's upset with me" :D

The magic of live TV.
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »

Well, considering it was originally a live stage show which was so popular it became a tv sitcom, I reckon it will have a ready cinema audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The magic of live TV.

I no right thought that was a good save though :D am so using that.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Casualty has had a lot of promotion for tonight's episode. Hopefully rates in the mid to high 5s and batters the Law and Order repeat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a concerning statistic and shows just how much Stuart Blackburn has affected Corrie viewing figures

RT @SoapRatingsUK: The 2nd #Corrie was down a whopping 3.14m on last yr when Kirsty was jailed! @NatalieGumede @ITV @itvcorrie @aliJcorrie
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Casualty has had a lot of promotion for tonight's episode. Hopefully rates in the mid to high 5s and batters the Law and Order repeat.

I feel that bost if any form the Voice could have been lost with that lottery brake after it. Still I hope it rates well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a concerning statistic and shows just how much Stuart Blackburn has affected Corrie viewing figures

RT @SoapRatingsUK: The 2nd #Corrie was down a whopping 3.14m on last yr when Kirsty was jailed! @NatalieGumede @ITV @itvcorrie @aliJcorrie

Wow itv should really take a long look at this. That's not good look at what happen to EE it's only now bouncing back.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member

Devastating news for Itv and staff at Coro St. that the show has declined so much so quickly. Some of us did say around 6 months ago that Coro was heading downhill but it seems like the producers have continued ruining the show. Also bear in mind all the negative stories about cast members recently, which wont have helped. Once the OAPs are gone, it will be difficult for Coro's ratings to go back up because these are the loyalists who have been watching for many years that have suddenly abandoned the show. Once Coro declines significantly, Itv are in real trouble.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Devastating news for Itv and staff at Coro St. that the show has declined so much so quickly. Some of us did say around 6 months ago that Coro was heading downhill but it seems like the producers have continued ruining the show. Also bear in mind all the negative stories about cast members recently, which wont have helped. Once the OAPs are gone, it will be difficult for Coro's ratings to go back up because these are the loyalists who have been watching for many years that have suddenly abandoned the show. Once Coro declines significantly, Itv are in real trouble.

That won't have had anything to do with it, so watch what your saying. Its simply the current producer who is wrecking the soap with awful storylines, and since viewing figures have dropped so quickly I hope ITV act quickly.

Btw this wasn't just posted for you to bash ITV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ouch! Samuel, Violence is not a good thing. As I said to my Kids when they were growing up and going to secondary school "Only punch the bugger if he pisses you off more than once". A strategy that prevents bullying.

I should be a social worker."Now look here love, cheer up or I'll have to deck you one..." ;-)

"Now listen here pal, I don't care WHO you've been bullied by, Get your Arse into gear AND DO SOME BLOODY WORK!!!!"

"It's no surprise Boy you keep getting the shit beaten out of you when you have the face like a robbers dog..... or a like a fart in a wet suit!":cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I no right thought that was a good save though :D am so using that.

I bet the producers were As nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs as my nan used to say! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah let's hope Casualty isn't dented by a Law & Order UK rpt. :p:D

Don't you think with a big push this week Casualty should be looking at 6m against a drama rpt!?
This discussion has been closed.