Ben Ainslie

Comments

• tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you kidding me? Your countryman is a cheat ganging up on Ben with the Dane forcing him to take a penalty turn. Filthy cheats like your countryman don't deserve medals :mad:.

The Dutchman and the Dane say they saw the infringement. Ainslie says there was none. Were you in the water at the point of contact/non-contact? Did you see exactly what happened? It's the word of two people against one, none of whom are remotely objective supported on either side by fans, none of whom are remotely objective either :D. I love Ben Ainslie and I desperately hope he wins today but there's no denying that the man is beyond competitive and an animal in that boat (not that I'm saying that's in any way a bad thing ;)).
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dutchman and the Dane say they saw the infringement. Ainslie says there was none. Were you in the water at the point of contact/non-contact? Did you see exactly what happened? It's the word of two people against one, none of whom are remotely objective supported on either side by fans, none of whom are remotely objective either :D. I love Ben Ainslie and I desperately hope he wins today but there's no denying that the man is beyond competitive and an animal in that boat (not that I'm saying that's in any way a bad thing ;)).

No i didn't see it but don't you think it is awfully convenient that his nearest rivals both saw something ;):D. The fact that it made Ben so angry tells me that he genuinely believes he didn't hit it, if he thought he might have hit it i doubt he'd have been so mad. He is a bad ass but that's why he's on the verge of becoming the best sailor in olympic history.
  • TheFridgeTheFridge Posts: 4,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great start so far for Ainslie , the Dane is lagging lets hope it stays that way.
  • opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go on Ben - I've followed his career since he was 19 and won an unexpected Silver in the Laser class in Atlanta. That Danish guy is nothing but a pirate :D.
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dane is catching up, it's a nicely poised race at the moment.
  • ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    Looks like the Dane was in front to me ... maybe just the camera angle ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Ainslie's still in front of the Dane but not by much. And if Holland come second then they will win the gold so it's all a bit intriguing.
    Forum Member
    Zeus wrote: »
    No Ainslie's still in front of the Dane but not by much. And if Holland come second then they will win the gold so it's all a bit intriguing.

Dutch in third but if the Brit can move up a place or two it can be decisive apparently ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZicoZ wrote: »
    Dutch in third but if the Brit can move up a place or two it can be decisive apparently ...

Yeah it's so close right now. That last manoevre went well for Ben though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus i thought the Dutchie was going to get 2nd there , its looking good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get in ! Legend !
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid Dane, you NEVER get our Ben angry. YOU WON'T LIKE HIM WHEN HE'S ANGRY!
    Forum Member
    Who'd of thought that sailing could be exiting !!

I have no idea what just went on, though :)

How come the Dane won 7 out of ten races and yet all the Brit had to do was finish ahead of him today ???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZicoZ wrote: »
    Who'd of thought that sailing could be exiting !!

I have no idea what just went on, though :)

Lol , it was though wasn't it , sketching right out at that thought the Dutch matey was gonna pip them both.
  • JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gosh - really thought he was in for Silver - well done Ben

:D:D
  • bobbydbobbyd Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody puts Benny in the corner :D

Thought it was going the way of the other race.
    Exciting. Well done Ben.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never write off Ben Ainslie's chances. The man is the master.
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobbyd wrote: »
    Nobody puts Benny in the corner :D

Thought it was going the way of the other race.
    Exciting. Well done Ben.

And me, it was nerve wracking at times (I needed the commentary and the graphics as I didn't have a clue most of the time).

Well done Ben.
  • Mikes MikeMikes Mike Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, Dutch and we are way ahead of the Australians in the medal table :p

You guys have mostly great gold medal winners, but Ainslie winning today would put a bit of tarnish on that greatness (talk about giving English gentlemanship a bad name, he makes Cav look like a choirboy :eek:).

Ben Ainslie won and is the the greatest sailor ever. :D
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Sir Ben at New Year, it's a certainty :)
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    Sir Ben at New Year, it's a certainty :)

It'll be a bumper New Year's honours list for our sportsmen and women this year :D
    Forum Member
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    And me, it was nerve wracking at times (I needed the commentary and the graphics as I didn't have a clue most of the time).

Well done Ben.

I could have done with some kind of simple in-screen animation or computer graphic to show the positions all the time .
  • rosalynnrosalynn Posts: 4,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Ben! Never seems to make it easy for himself, but he delivers when it matters :)
  • Delicious11Delicious11 Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Ben!

TeamGB now have 15 Gold medals! :)
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol @ Rob Walker man handling him, stick to announcing snooker players with daft nicknames,