Olympic Track Cycling thread

Comments

• Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    Bloody foreigners, coming over here, enforcing the rules. Sneaky b*stards!

:D:D:D
  • TheFridgeTheFridge Posts: 4,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ItsNick wrote: »
    He's not a muppet.
    He was just saying what he was told through his ear piece.
    Blame the people telling him the information

Oh he certainly is , blows out of his backside consistantly.

Damn shame about the Womens sprint , disaster really.
  • Dollybird01Dollybird01 Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This relegation is worse than that World Championship 100m race where Usain Bolt got DQ'd for jumping the start gun (though later it seemed another competitor had flinched to unnerve him)
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheFridge wrote: »
    Oh he certainly is , blows out of his backside consistantly.

Damn shame about the Womens sprint , disaster really.

Shame it is Jessica's only event.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    well thats disappointing but it was their own fault cant really blame the officials for the DQ.
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to send whoever disqualified our girls down on that zip-ine in olympic Park by his/her neck! :mad:
  • blacksuit42blacksuit42 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to send whoever disqualified our girls down on that zip-ine in olympic Park by his/her neck! :mad:

and whoever made the complaint that might have led to it...
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member

They broke the rules, that's the end of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to see a replay.
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Can't they appeal? It seems every other country who appeal against disqualification/penalty points always get reinstated :p
  • edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However they did say that before the Olympics started it was agreed that they would use their discretion when it came to decisions regarding DQ

Best thing move on still got plenty of medal hopes dont let it get them down, come on Sir Chris and team bring it home for Victoria and Jess
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, velo stadium, get Anthony McCrossan off the PA announcements and put on the beach volleyball DJ to wind up the crowd a bit prior to the British team pursuiters coming up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

doubt anbody complained these judges are apparantly very strict and arewatching things like a hawk.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    ads84 wrote: »
    Can't they appeal? It seems every other country who appeal against disqualification/penalty points always get reinstated :p

They probably already have.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    giving that victoria pretty much said they made a mistake in her interview i doubt they could appeal the decision
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

you never know, could be the Chinese, they already been playing the rules quite sneakily i.e. Badminton. it would be a good way of getting rid of their greatest rivals
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Golden Girl" Pendleton out. Seems a few of our athletes who did quite a bit of commercial work just before the start of the Games are flondering. Jess Ennis better not flounder!
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Larry1971 wrote: »
    doubt anbody complained these judges are apparantly very strict and arewatching things like a hawk.

No, the point at which the riders are supposed to cross is set at the finishing line for the sprint, so all the judges have to do is look at the photo finish camera and they can tell right away if something is dodgy.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Larry1971 wrote: »
    It would be nice to see a replay.

Yes, I would like to see it again..particularly in comparison to some of the "legitimate" changes.
    Imagine if this was the football final, and we had goal disallowed, they would be showing countless replays.
  • blacksuit42blacksuit42 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you never know, could be the Chinese, they already been playing the rules quite sneakily i.e. Badminton. it would be a good way of getting rid of their greatest rivals

One of my friends apparently heard on the radio it was the French... why would they even get involved given they weren't even in contention.
    Horrible decision though, she hadn't passed Jess as they crossed the line, don't really see the problem! had she got a wheel in front, then yes, but she wasn't past?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    "Golden Girl" Pendleton out. Seems a few of our athletes who did quite a bit of commercial work just before the start of the Games are flondering. Jess Ennis better not flounder!

Same happened to Tom Daley,stuff the sponsorship, the govt should be totally funding our athletes
  • cmq2cmq2 Posts: 2,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wording of the rules:
    UCI CYCLING REGULATIONS E1011 TRACK RACES

3.2.153 A team shall be relegated to the last place in the stage of the competition if one of the following infringements has been committed:
    1) if a rider draws away by more than 15 metres before the end of the lap that he is to lead

2) if a rider does not draw away by more than 15 metres after the end of the lap that he was supposed to lead

3) if one rider pushes another
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,535
    Forum Member
    ads84 wrote: »
    No, there is no appeals procedure, which seems a bit strange to me, what if one of the judges makes a blatent error.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I would like to see it again..particularly in comparison to some of the "legitimate" changes.
    Imagine if this was the football final, and we had goal disallowed, they would be showing countless replays.

It's not football though and racing continues with other teams. They've moved on quite rightly IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my friends apparently heard on the radio it was the French... why would they even get involved given they weren't even in contention.
    Horrible decision though, she hadn't passed Jess as they crossed the line, don't really see the problem! had she got a wheel in front, then yes, but she wasn't past?

mmm French-British relations,,,,,,,,,,would never have thought :rolleyes: