Options

Don't get this...

I just don't 'get' the voting this year. I have the series recorded so have been a bit behind with it, but sneak on to DS to see the results of the evictions. How come the most loveable, entertaining, interesting and witty people (apart from perhaps Joey and David) have been voted off first? OK, Mad-Eye Matthew was a stirrer, but very entertaining; Steve was quiet but very witty and his trial was the funniest I've seen for ages, Vincent - what can I say? Endearing, funny - a sweetheart. And now Rebecca. This series had all the potential to be a classic but it's sadly turned into a bitchfest instead. :(

Comments

• Options
    doormousedoormouse Posts: 2,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know :cry:

And don't forget Annabel - very witty lady.
  • Options
    who, me?who, me? Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I remembered Annabel afterwards - she was sparky and funny too. The one that really, really surprises me though is Vincent. Would've thought that anyone who watches Strictly would be voting for him. I'm wondering whether in fact the voting numbers are way down - that most people (like me) just watch the show for the entertainment value and don't even think about voting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vowed never to spend money on voting again because of the way these shows are now being edited. I don't pay to watch other dramas and soaps (other than via my tv licence).

Oh Vincent! Loved, loved, loved him - was hoping for him, Annabel and David to be there to the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - if David isn't in the final three, I give up!
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    doormouse wrote: »

Oh Vincent! Loved, loved, loved him - was hoping for him, Annabel and David to be there to the end.

Me too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too

I know he could be a bit cheesy, but I really laughed at him and Annabel in the warehouse, and during the spider challenge. He just brought freshness and an old IAC innocence to the camp, to a reality show that, like many others now, are getting to be greedy and cynical and obsessed with vacuous celeb culture.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know he could be a bit cheesy, but I really laughed at him and Annabel in the warehouse, and during the spider challenge. He just brought freshness and an old IAC innocence to the camp, to a reality show that, like many others now, are getting to be greedy and cynical and obsessed with vacuous celeb culture.

It was his one liners, 'I've done a little pee pee' and pavlova that made me chuckle.
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite was "sometimes I forget how lovely I am!" ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'I want my Mama' awwww :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am wondering if the voters have become very young for some reason. I agree that the older, brighter people have been decimated. Vincent made me laugh more than everyone else put together; I was amazed that he was out so early.
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's mainly the younger ones who vote - we only vote in the final, and then we just have one vote each!
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am wondering if the voters have become very young for some reason. I agree that the older, brighter people have been decimated. Vincent made me laugh more than everyone else put together; I was amazed that he was out so early.

I was surprised too. But really I don't have any say as I don't vote.

Shame he went though.

:)
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    My favourite was "sometimes I forget how lovely I am!" ^_^

:D Another one (Vincent on the way to the wash area) -

"I am going to make myself beautiful... it will only take a few seconds."

@OP - yes, it's all a bit tragic, isn't it? There was a great show there for the taking but it's been totally ruined by the editing and the focus on pettiness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :D Another one (Vincent on the way to the wash area) -

"I am going to make myself beautiful... it will only take a few seconds."

@OP - yes, it's all a bit tragic, isn't it? There was a great show there for the taking but it's been totally ruined by the editing and the focus on pettiness.

He's a cheeky chappie.

Just as well I didn't go into the Jungle......I would have had to say 'I am going to make myself beautiful, see you in three weeks' lol.

• Options
    UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who, me? wrote: »
    I just don't 'get' the voting this year. I have the series recorded so have been a bit behind with it, but sneak on to DS to see the results of the evictions. How come the most loveable, entertaining, interesting and witty people (apart from perhaps Joey and David) have been voted off first? OK, Mad-Eye Matthew was a stirrer, but very entertaining; Steve was quiet but very witty and his trial was the funniest I've seen for ages, Vincent - what can I say? Endearing, funny - a sweetheart. And now Rebecca. This series had all the potential to be a classic but it's sadly turned into a bitchfest instead. :(
    That's what you get when every child has a mobile phone and can vote. They vote for the people they can relate most to... the children.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he talks about making his babies - I know he did but....:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He just brought freshness and an old IAC innocence to the camp, to a reality show that, like many others now, are getting to be greedy and cynical and obsessed with vacuous celeb culture.

Yes! You have perfectly described the problem in 'an old IAC innocence'. That's what's missing. Thank goodness David still has it. Together with wit and wisdom.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the phrase "old IAC innocence".
    I can remember the days when IAC was truly a case of throwing a bunch if celebs into a camp and watching what unfolded - the live feed helped with this, too - it made manipulation by editing so much more difficult.
    It's the only show of this kind that I'd watch (admittedly Ant and Dec play a big part in that, too, and I think it's commendable that they're still really entertaining on this, even though they're much more constrained these days in what they have to work with).
    It's seemed over the past few years though, that certain agents or PR people seem to bargain for a bigger, or a more news worthy edit than others, and that, basically, the show is now aimed solely at a younger audience who will pick up the phone and vote - maybe I'm just too old to be watching it still, I don't know, but the fact that there's no interest in the likes of Steve and Rebecca (from either the producers or voters) whilst the likes of Joey and Amy seem to have a huge fan base ( nothing against them but for me there's nothing of interest about them), and the producers try their hardest to make them the centre of everything, has just convinced me that it's not a show for me anymore:-(
    I've hated the Big Brother turn it's taken this year and I really dislike that it's all become so transparent; I used to like seeing them get their letters, for example, but this year is was so obvious that some of the writers had been told to make the emails as emotional as possible.
    I'm just not going to waste my time watching it any more.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    I love the phrase "old IAC innocence".
    I can remember the days when IAC was truly a case of throwing a bunch if celebs into a camp and watching what unfolded - the live feed helped with this, too - it made manipulation by editing so much more difficult.
    It's the only show of this kind that I'd watch (admittedly Ant and Dec play a big part in that, too, and I think it's commendable that they're still really entertaining on this, even though they're much more constrained these days in what they have to work with).
    It's seemed over the past few years though, that certain agents or PR people seem to bargain for a bigger, or a more news worthy edit than others, and that, basically, the show is now aimed solely at a younger audience who will pick up the phone and vote - maybe I'm just too old to be watching it still, I don't know, but the fact that there's no interest in the likes of Steve and Rebecca (from either the producers or voters) whilst the likes of Joey and Amy seem to have a huge fan base ( nothing against them but for me there's nothing of interest about them), and the producers try their hardest to make them the centre of everything, has just convinced me that it's not a show for me anymore:-(
    I've hated the Big Brother turn it's taken this year and I really dislike that it's all become so transparent; I used to like seeing them get their letters, for example, but this year is was so obvious that some of the writers had been told to make the emails as emotional as possible.
    I'm just not going to waste my time watching it any more.

I agree. ITV are now well into the realms of seeking out zelebrities with a huge Twitter following as they will spend money on voting for their hero! They also compete with each other to vote. IMO ITV have dumbed down the content of the show to manipulated teenage angst level to suit the new audience.
    The other campmates have real talent and mostly, wider fame. That now counts for nothing in many areas of instant fame entertainment. Their followers are generally more mature and don't follow each other like sheep onto Twitter. It's mainly a teenage obsession. To say that Joey is the most famous as he has over 2 million Twitter followers is a ridiculous statement.It may be time for Ant and Dec to disassociate themselves from this dross now.
    BB went down exactly the same route with manufactured nastiness and completely turned away from the original ethos of the show. We all know who won CBB, one of the least known people in there, to the British population. She was also utterly talentless. Twitter followers galore meant she won.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I am rapidly losing interest now. I really hope it doesn't end up with an Amy/Joey final, if it get's to that I certainly won't continue watching this series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    I agree. ITV are now well into the realms of seeking out zelebrities with a huge Twitter following as they will spend money on voting for their hero! They also compete with each other to vote. IMO ITV have dumbed down the content of the show to manipulated teenage angst level to suit the new audience.
    The other campmates have real talent and mostly, wider fame. That now counts for nothing in many areas of instant fame entertainment. Their followers are generally more mature and don't follow each other like sheep onto Twitter. It's mainly a teenage obsession. To say that Joey is the most famous as he has over 2 million Twitter followers is a ridiculous statement.It may be time for Ant and Dec to disassociate themselves from this dross now.
    BB went down exactly the same route with manufactured nastiness and completely turned away from the original ethos of the show. We all know who won CBB, one of the least known people in there, to the British population. She was also utterly talentless. Twitter followers galore meant she won.

I agree! It's ridiculous now with the Twits, or whatever they call themselves. In this series alone we had them saying horrid things because they thought Amy was getting too close to Joey. Apparently they even targeted Amy's 16yr old sister. It's ridiculous.

I quite agree on the winner of CBB. I have no clue how she could possibly have won on her own merit alone. The Twits came out in full force on that one.

It does tend to make things a foregone conclusion when a 'celebrity' has such a large following on Twitter. Not worth really voting for anyone (not that I do) with the amount of votes that comes in via twitter.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, IAC is beginning to remind me of the Eurovision Song Contest - when it started, it was full of innocent awfulness and the best songs actually stood a chance of winning. Now it's politically driven and there's little point in watching - or taking part.