Anyone seen a postman?

2»

Comments

• PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies.

Some areas getting deliveries despite snowy roads, and other areas getting no deliveries despite snow-free roads. :D
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    No deliveries in my part of south Wales since last Thursday despite all the roads between the sorting/delivery office and my village having been perfectly passable since Saturday. :confused:

Same here until he turned up today. The road was perfectly passable to my house, although I accept that parts of the same round a bit higher up might have been a little difficult.
    Never had this trouble in previous years.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problems with our post despite around 9 inches have fallen in the last few days.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    No post for me in two days which is very unusual, I have a TV guide delivered and it arrives cep very Tuesday except bank holiday Monday weeks. Not here today.
    I'm in sunny Stockport where we have had about 2 inches of snow and all the roads/footpaths are fine.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I got my new bank card today and a gas lighter. I also got a cheque and a gas bill.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks as though the Royal Mail website has died too. No mention of any problems on there.
    There was an addition to the Royal Mail service updates shortly after you made your post. It begins:
    General update
    Wintry weather

Our operation is again suffering from some severe weather in many parts of the UK today, Deliveries and collections are being attempted in all parts where roads are open, access is possible and it’s safe for our people to do so.

Weather conditions across much of the country continued to be very poor yesterday and the impact on our services was significant in many areas. Our overnight network was affected in particular by the complete closure of East Midlands and Newcastle airports. This caused us to implement plans to divert mail to alternative routes.

Conditions remain poor in parts of Wales, the Midlands, south and south east England, the Thames Valley and parts of Norfolk. We will add further details to this page and our regional pages as further information is received...
    http://www.royalmail.com/customer-service/service-updates
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes how they do that with me sitting within clear hearing of the door and a working doorbell.

I took it up with the delivery office once and they said "He said that he knocked" - Lying b'stard!

I managed to run to the door and open it just after ours had shoved a "While you were out" card through. I asked for my parcel and he looked sheepish and admitted that it wasn't even on the van :eek::mad: I rand the complaints line and they said if they have a lot of mail they leave the parcels behind. :mad:
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing yesterday but postie was here very early this morning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The postman hasn't been round since last Thursday.
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've not actually seen mine but must have been as I've had mail :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A postie arrived on Wednesday! Obviously, it was "safe" enough for them to venture out, although only with a few bits of mail posted on Thursday and Friday. Nothing posted on Saturday, Monday or Tuesday turned up.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Seen one yesterday delivering while wearing shorts.

Must get him a job as a teacher.
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    Had post at work but none at home so maybe no-one wants to write to me. I saw a post-lady on my way to work yesterday - obviously the tougher of the species :D
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mines been down my road every day this week.
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said earlier that there were many postmen and women around in the snow. I don't wish to retract that, what I would like to add is that they don't appear to be delivering to my home. I'm awaiting a few parcels and they seem to be not forthcoming. Not had a letter for over a week either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't turn up today because of a brief snow shower yesterday afternoon (all trace of which had vanished by 9am today). :rolleyes:
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    Around here, the postal delivery operative appears to come:

* Monday

* Wednesday

* Friday

* Every other Saturday