National television.....

liglooligloo Posts: 2,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone else noticed how many times Arron brings it up or is it just me? It's driving me nuts! He seems to be the most camera aware person in the house and it always seems to be in the forefront of his mind that he's on a tv show.

I think the rest of them genuinely forget hence coming out with some cringeworthy comments but not him. He doesn't want to date Sara on national television, he doesn't want rejected by her on national television, Scott is making a dick of himself on national television to name but a few.

Makes me think everything he does is totally contrived.

Comments

• WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whenever anyone uses the phrase 'national television' it irks me. Suffice to say we always mean national television unless we specifically say 'local television', a phrase that you never hear. 'Real life' is similarly annoying.

What about Becky using the word 'literally' to add a bit of emphasis to any sentence? She literally annoys me when she says that. Or should I say she literally gets on my nerves (a phrase that has no literal meaning!) :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    His incredible vanity makes him funny to watch. :cool:
    The "on national TV " moments are hilarious because he uses that comment to belittle others during rows without even realising that he is actually showing himself up.
  • liglooligloo Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever anyone uses the phrase 'national television' it irks me. Suffice to say we always mean national television unless we specifically say 'local television', a phrase that you never hear. 'Real life' is similarly annoying.

What about Becky using the word 'literally' to add a bit of emphasis to any sentence? She literally annoys me when she says that. Or should I say she literally gets on my nerves (a phrase that has no literal meaning!) :mad:

I literally haven't noticed Becky littering sentences with literally. Thanks for pointing it out though, it will bug me now :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ligloo wrote: »
    I literally haven't noticed Becky littering sentences with literally. Thanks for pointing it out though, it will bug me now :mad:

Welcome. :D She literally says it all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    The "on national TV " moments are hilarious because he uses that comment to belittle others during rows without even realising that he is actually showing himself up.

I don't find it funny, I want to jump through my national tv and cut his fringe off! He always look so serious when he says it too :D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I don't find it funny, I want to jump through my national tv and cut his fringe off! He always look so serious when he says it too :D.
    :D That would be a good challenge for a task. I think it has been done before where a housemate had to volunteer to shave his head as part of a task.
    Arron's hair flicking reminds me of Frankie Cocozza who walked about with his head on one side to preserve the ridiculous mop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Next time I'm in the market for a new TV I might consider my purchase then ask the assistant dryly, "Is this a national television?" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Next time I'm in the market for a new TV I might consider my purchase then ask the assistant dryly, "Is this a national television?" :D

:D:D:D:D

That just made me lol......literally
  • mary03mary03 Posts: 6,281
    Forum Member

hahaha......nice one Joe :D:D:D

And then if the salesman says that it is, you then reply "literally?" :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mary03 wrote: »
    hahaha......nice one Joe :D:D:D

And then if the salesman says that it is, you then reply "literally?" :p

:D Morning Mary. :) I know it's OT, but what do you think about Deana now? I know you thought that we'd be better off having Lydia in the house, but after she stood up to Luke you must be pleasantly surprised?
    Forum Member
    :D Morning Mary. :) I know it's OT, but what do you think about Deana now? I know you thought that we'd be better off having Lydia in the house, but after she stood up to Luke you must be pleasantly surprised?

I didn't fully agree with the way she handled it. I think I posted a couple of times my take on it....but it got lost in the mass of opinions on the subject.

In fact I responded and agreed with a post by Cornchips who'd initially agreed with one of your posts. And also agreed with Veri's take on it too. I know she was angry, but it seemed too much of a tit for tat and childish way of going about it imo. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't fully agree with the way she handled it. I think I posted a couple of times my take on it....but it got lost in the mass of opinions on the subject.

In fact I responded and agreed with a post by Cornchips who'd initially agreed with one of your posts. And also agreed with Veri's take on it too. I know she was angry, but it seemed too much of a tit for tat and childish way of going about it imo. :o

Sorry Mary, I must have missed your part in the discussion (I don't always look at usernames), but I'm glad we were on the same page ...literally. ;)

[Edit] Ah.. I see it. I had read your posts, just didn't realize it was you.
    Forum Member
    Sorry Mary, I must have missed your part in the discussion (I don't always look at usernames), but I'm glad we were on the same page ...literally. ;)

Yes I could see that. I think quite a few fms are on the same page, but many others see it as victorious given whom she argued with. I guess I just don't see everything as so black and white as that. :)
  • artstuartstu Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind, but Channel 5 is to 'national television' what Andrex is to the national press.

(*Other brands of bog roll are avilable).
    Forum Member
    artstu wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind, but Channel 5 is to 'national television' what Andrex is to the national press.

Good analogy :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I could see that. I think quite a few fms are on the same page, but many others see it as victorious given whom she argued with. I guess I just don't see everything as so black and white as that. :)

Exactly. We were on the same page figuratively, too. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bog roll? :eek: Have you no manners? It's called bum fodder. :D

"Excuse me, miss, could you tell me which aisle the bum fodder's on?" :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going home to watch NATIONAL TELEVISION peeps!
  • artstuartstu Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bog roll? :eek: Have you no manners? It's called bum fodder. :D

"Excuse me, miss, could you tell me which aisle the bum fodder's on?" :cool:

Please accept my apologies. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please accept my apologies. :)

Don't apologise to the bad man, he's a thread derailer, besides which it's bog roll in my lingo too ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't apologise to the bad man, he's a thread derailer, besides which it's bog roll in my lingo too ;)

BiB: That can leave a nasty rash, you know. :D ..Sorry, back to discussing the national television. :o As you were.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lol you must have been in my house last night!!! Everytime one of them said 'National Television' it was making my back tighten and then Becky with literally....I was literally eating...well you certainly weren't virtually eating you stupid bint. :mad::mad:
  • LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    When I hear National Television I just think of Jeremy Kyle, he sounds equally daft saying it
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Exactly. We were on the same page figuratively, too. :)

.....and literally :p
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »

I just wish he'd stop referring to people as 'bro'. :mad: