Options

Alex Gerrard posting half naked pictures of her kids on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they did something that sensible ..what would they moan about ;)

true Betty,there would be no DS without us all having a little moan only some moan more than others ;)
  • Options
    TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    What have I missed?

Search me :confused: Someone said they didn't like some photos of someone's kids in their bathers and the world went mad :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toggler wrote: »
    Search me :confused: Someone said they didn't like some photos of someone's kids in their bathers and the world went mad :)

wrong way round ;)

it seems that someone didn't like Mrs Gerrards girls on their holiday photos and started a twitter war where then everyone decided to join in and abuse or stick for Alex Gerrard -we were just commenting on the situation here poor woman :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    wrong way round ;)
    wrong way round Toggler ;)

I'd be very careful of what you are insinuating with these posts.

Alls I have done is state my concern about photos a celebrity has posted on Twitter and I have been vilified for it, which I don't mind as people are entitled to rant on a public forum. But posts like the above two go way beyond acceptable with their accusatorial tones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be very careful of what you are insinuating with these posts.

Alls I have done is state my concern about photos a celebrity has posted on Twitter and I have been vilified for it, which I don't mind as people are entitled to rant on a public forum. But posts like the above two go way beyond acceptable with their accusatorial tones.

in case you didn't see there's a twitter war last night because of one person starting on Alex Gerrard about the same thing you posted at the start on this thread - i said above if it was you then shame on you if it wasn't then ive no idea why when the poor woman was getting attacked left right and centre by tweeters just basically jumping on the bandwagon you would then bring the argument over here when the argument in question was that the photos were of children nearly naked and that paedophiles would see them,don't you all think that by it now been all over twitter and on here that the weirdos that scan the internet would now be watching poor Alex Gerrard than not knowing anything about them before- its ridiculous the whole thing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    In this day and age you can never be too careful. It's a sad state of affairs when you can't even film your own kids in their school play, but that's only cos there's so many dodgy characters out there.
    People should keep photo's of their kids in their family album..not plaster them all over Facebook and Twitter.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In this day and age you can never be too careful. It's a sad state of affairs when you can't even film your own kids in their school play, but that's only cos there's so many dodgy characters out there.People should keep photo's of their kids in their family album..not plaster them all over Facebook and Twitter.

There are no more dodgy characters today than there were years ago, its just that now we have 24 hour news and the internet we get to hear of things more quickly and more people report things today whereas years ago they swept it under the carpet as quite wrongly the victim and their family were seen as being wrong and often child absue involved a family member so it was kept quiet .

Common sense safety guidelines are enough today , a person posting family pics is their choice.

As for not being able to film your kids, I find it odd that some schools wont let you but they will film it and sell you a copy so a paedophile audience member (if there was one) would still get a copy and the school cops for the cash.
  • Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    I stand by what I said about the OP. His/her reaction to these innocent pictures was weird.

Their gloating after the pics got deleted is even weirder.

What a peculiar individual. Am really believing this is a trolling attempt on the OP's part now. I just pity the idiots on Twitter who joined in. When will people wake up to how crazy this level of paranoia is?
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their gloating after the pics got deleted is even weirder.

What a peculiar individual. Am really believing this is a trolling attempt on the OP's part now. I just pity the idiots on Twitter who joined in. When will people wake up to how crazy this level of paranoia is?

I really don't think the OP is trolling, and I can see where he/she is coming from.

Making personal comments about fellow posters is against the T&C of this forum - calling someone peculiar is out of order imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In this day and age you can never be too careful. It's a sad state of affairs when you can't even film your own kids in their school play, but that's only cos there's so many dodgy characters out there.
    People should keep photo's of their kids in their family album..not plaster them all over Facebook and Twitter.

Agree with this comment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Making personal comments about fellow posters is against the T&C of this forum - calling someone peculiar is out of order imo.

If someone can call the OP a weirdo, then I can say what I said. You aren't a moderator so please don't act like one and "tell off" people - it just results in arguments and locked threads.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think the OP is trolling, and I can see where he/she is coming from.

Agreed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    Agreed

It's hardly an insult - it's describing how someone comes across. It's fair to say, imho. Of course, others can disagree.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hardly an insult - it's describing how someone comes across. It's fair to say, imho. Of course, others can disagree.

Alex Gerrard isn't worth having an argument about anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    Alex Gerrard isn't worth having an argument about anyway.

True! I'm just disturbed at the level of paranoia in some.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But its ok to criticise someone you have never met for showing some perfectly normal pics of her kids ( and by you I dont mean you singular I mean you in general)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    But its ok to criticise someone you have never met for showing some perfectly normal pics of her kids ( and by you I dont mean you singular I mean you in general)

crazy isn't it?!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone can call the OP a weirdo, then I can say what I said. You aren't a moderator so please don't act like one and "tell off" people - it just results in arguments and locked threads.

If someone called me a weirdo or peculiar, I would be absolutely furious!! It's personal and quite simply wrong to do so - you can't excuse it.

And I'm not 'telling off' people, neither am I acting like a moderator - I've never ever had cause to click the 'alert' button, unless someone insults or gets personal with me.

I really couldn't care less about Mrs Gerrard, she's a WAG who got famous by marrying a Premier league footballer - she can do what she likes with her kids, she's a nobody imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If someone called me a weirdo or peculiar, I would be absolutely furious!! It's personal and quite simply wrong to do so - you can't excuse it.

And I'm not 'telling off' people, neither am I acting like a moderator - I've never ever had cause to click the 'alert' button, unless someone insults or gets personal with me.

I really couldn't care less about Mrs Gerrard, she's a WAG who got famous by marrying a Premier league footballer - she can do what she likes with her kids, she's a nobody imo.

I really am surprised someone would be so enraged by the word peculiar. Surely if you think someone is acting this way, it's okay to say so? Unless a mod comes along to tell us otherwise - which they probably will soon as we've wandered off topic and are arguing in what the mods would call an unconstructive way - I really don't think it's fair to try and tell me what to post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazy isn't it?!:rolleyes:

I worry about society so much, I really do. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really am surprised someone would be so enraged by the word peculiar. Surely if you think someone is acting this way, it's okay to say so? Unless a mod comes along to tell us otherwise - which they probably will soon as we've wandered off topic and are arguing in what the mods would call an unconstructive way - I really don't think it's fair to try and tell me what to post.

I'm not arguing with you, I am not enraged and I am not trying to tell you what to post.

I've said what I've had to say on the matter, and I don't really want to continue going around in circles with you.

I doubt very much a mod will intervene, because as far as I'm concerned, the subject is closed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not arguing with you, I am not enraged and I am not trying to tell you what to post.

I've said what I've had to say on the matter, and I don't really want to continue going around in circles with you.

I doubt very much a mod will intervene, because as far as I'm concerned, the subject is closed.

I'm all too willing to agree to disagree. It was when you tried to tell me how to post which got us heated.

Anyway, I too am bored of this. Life's too short, so I agree to end this argument here.
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, what an over-reaction and I'm not talking about the OP who seems to have all manner of pitch forks pointed at them! To those posters attacking the OP, did you even see the photos before they were deleted? Someone said the OP was "gloating" that the pics had been deleted where are they gloating? All's I can see is a comment of "she's deleted them" how is that gloating? Unless I've missed something..... Someone also called them weird, what I find weird is the reaction by most posters to someone who said posting these types of pictures is "silly". What a crazy world we live in! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Wow, what an over-reaction and I'm not talking about the OP who seems to have all manner of pitch forks pointed at them! To those posters attacking the OP, did you even see the photos before they were deleted? Someone said the OP was "gloating" that the pics had been deleted where are they gloating? All's I can see is a comment of "she's deleted them" how is that gloating? Unless I've missed something..... Someone also called them weird, what I find weird is the reaction by most posters to someone who said posting these types of pictures is "silly". What a crazy world we live in! :eek:

It's amazing what completely different view two people can have of the same issue, isn't it?