Options

What do you do with your Tesco Clubcard points?

Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I suppose this could apply to any reward card like Boots and Nectar but I'm curious as to what people do with their points?

I'm relatively new to the Tesco doo-dah and I'm not sure whether to just save up a load of vouchers or to spend them as they come (i.e. £5-10 off the weekly shop).

I know it doesn't make a difference as you will be spending the same amount regardless of how you do it - but I just wondered what other peoples did.

Comments

• Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Sell them on eBay for around double the amount.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I wait for the exchange double up stuff and then use them to buy the kids clothes or toys with.
  • Options
    TraceTTraceT Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I save mine and trade them in for Tesco Rewards like RAC cover or Days out (theme parks etc). You can get up to 4x the value if you trade them in for rewards versus money off your groceries. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I double them with clubcard boost and buy Christmas presents with them. Ive bought nearly all mine this way this year
  • Options
    Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I double them with clubcard boost and buy Christmas presents with them. Ive bought nearly all mine this way this year

Bloody hell! Good work! :D

Can you still buy airmiles with them? I have vague recollections of my mum doing something similar years ago but not sure if you still can.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saving mine up for Christmas.

I will double them up or what ever you do nearer the time.
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,045
    Forum Member
    Always saved them up and used them to get the most value. We had Merlin Passes for the whole family for a couple of years from them, and last year doubled a load up for Xmas presents, which is what we'll do this year I think (Santa might get a Hudl for the kids).
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spend them :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I managed to get four people into Warwick Castle entirely on Tesco points. :) (It is VERY expensive otherwise)
  • Options
    izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get them sent at christmas and buy presents with them.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We convert ours to restaurant vouchers and go out for slap up meals.
  • Options
    BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    Convert mine to BA Miles. I do the same for my Shell points and Heathrow Reward card points.
  • Options
    g4jcg4jc Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have used mine towards Megatrain tickets. £5 Tesco voucher = £10 voucher.

Bought several lots of tickets to go to and from Scotland, so for about £20 and with £10 off cost me £10 for about 6 'returns' which would have normally cost £70 -£80 EACH :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D
  • Options
    Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    We convert ours to restaurant vouchers and go out for slap up meals.

Same here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Collage.
  • Options
    Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    I no longer shop at Tesco but when I did I bought Booze with them.

I no longer drink either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theme parks and restaurants.
  • Options
    IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    Our Club Card/Nectar points generally feed the cats. When we get the Tesco ones we spend it on as much cat food and treats as we can with it and then they're sorted out for a few weeks then. The Nectar points get spent at the end of the year and at Xmas we always end up with the spare room looking like a panic room for cats because it's stocked up with cat food.
  • Options
    MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shop online, so when I get the voucher, I just plug it right back in and pretend I am getting free delivery.
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The vouchers usually have fairly short expiration dates, so I use them as soon as they come in.
  • Options
    Tavis75Tavis75 Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I save them up across the year and spend them when they do the double value thing on wine purchases, between the doubled up Clubcard vouchers, a 15% off wine offer, a £5 off £50 spend voucher and a cashback website I just got about £288 of wine delivered for an actual cost to me of less than a fiver!
  • Options
    Tavis75Tavis75 Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The vouchers usually have fairly short expiration dates, so I use them as soon as they come in.

They last about 2 years usually!
  • Options
    LoolabelleLoolabelle Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to buy annual theme park passes when the kids were younger, but since then I use Tesco for RAC annual membership and restaurant vouchers. Nectar I've used for various things, the best of which was when I got a free return flight to Edinburgh for my daughter to visit a friend. We've also got Avios (the old airmiles) and we used that to get money off flights to Jersey this year.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell! Good work! :D

Can you still buy airmiles with them? I have vague recollections of my mum doing something similar years ago but not sure if you still can.

It's called Avios these days, but yes you can.

We're saving ours to get enough for a weekend away somewhere in the spring.
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    I usually double them & get hubby his staples socks, boxers etc. Maybe some other stuff like a shirt etc - makes him feel like he's buying clothes while I run around Next & M&S.:o