Options

So with three weeks to go - where's the trailer?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Pareidolia is an invention of the lizard government to discredit those who have genuinely uncovered artefacts and truths about the actual nature of worksdj governance.

Silurians.... no I have more respect for them than the Tories
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH BLOODY RUTONS

is it that quick back????????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies I got political... quite unlike me...

anyway I think an episode trailer will appear about 2weeks before
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do you think there will more than one trailer?:confused:
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doubtless we'll be getting one within the next week or two. I hope they do another excellent full length trailer with some TSFH music just to get me in the mood for some more Doctor Who. :)

I bet the new trailer will air for the first time this Saturday, early evening.
  • Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    do you think there will more than one trailer?:confused:

I'm sure we'll be getting one for The Bells Of St John but I feel like we're about to get another long trailer for the rest of the series.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    I'm sure we'll be getting one for The Bells Of St John but I feel like we're about to get another long trailer for the rest of the series.
    thanks tomwozhere.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)Dont wworry it be soon ax the main thing is that the series isss good
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    So... still no trailer or any word about the marketing campaign commencing any time soon...
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    2 weeks to go as of this saturday ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2 weeks to go as of this saturday ;)

Maybe this series is being sent to its death as an afterthought because all of the marketing budget is being blown on the 50th.
  • Options
    C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Are we seriously going to keep doing this?

The show is not being cancelled. Series Eight is being mapped out.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    C. Samurai wrote: »
    Are we seriously going to keep doing this?

The show is not being cancelled. Series Eight is being mapped out.

^^^^^

Basically this.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So... still no trailer or any word about the marketing campaign commencing any time soon...

I'm a bit confused by your comments, they started running a teaser about the shows return almost two weeks ago now, I've seen it several times.

No new trailer with clips yet, true, but actually that kind of thing is typically around two weeks in advance for most shows. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused by your comments, they started running a teaser about the shows return almost two weeks ago now, I've seen it several times.

No new trailer with clips yet, true, but actually that kind of thing is typically around two weeks in advance for most shows. :confused:

It's typically a lot earlier than two weeks for doctor who, as stated previously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's typically a lot earlier than two weeks for doctor who, as stated previously.

maybe they're wracking up the suspense... certainly got us talking about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But they started to run the teaser for the shows return almost two weeks ago. So a) they have started trailing its return and b) have started marketing it's return. Therefore you are incorrect on both counts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    But they started to run the teaser for the shows return almost two weeks ago. So a) they have started trailing its return and b) have started marketing it's return. Therefore you are incorrect on both counts.

The launch trailer with new footage is usually released a month before the series airs. It's not out yet.
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    The launch trailer with new footage is usually released a month before the series airs. It's not out yet.

So they're doing something slightly different this year. Not really a huge deal. Muttley is right - I've seen the teaser thing. Or more accurately heard the teaser as I'm leaving the room and rushed back in again to just miss it. Worked nicely as an attention getter.

There has also been the online release of photos with the accompanying Twitter buzz etc.

I expect a more traditional trailer for the first episode might start from Saturday. I can't see anything to worry about here.

If they are avoiding the huge posters-on-sides-of-buses type overkill blitz they had in 2010 it might be for a good reason. They need to fund the 50th celebrations.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    So they're doing something slightly different this year. Not really a huge deal. Muttley is right - I've seen the teaser thing. Or more accurately heard the teaser as I'm leaving the room and rushed back in again to just miss it. Worked nicely as an attention getter.

There has also been the online release of photos with the accompanying Twitter buzz etc.

I expect a more traditional trailer for the first episode might start from Saturday. I can't see anything to worry about here.

If they are avoiding the huge posters-on-sides-of-buses type overkill blitz they had in 2010 it might be for a good reason. They need to fund the 50th celebrations.

Haha that first bit sounds familiar- lost count of the amount of times I have been all like 'eh!?' and gone running into the lounge just to see the logo popping up. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure thats entirely accurate tbh. Indeed someone corrected you on this on page 1 re: series 6.

We get a thread like this several times a year, and have done from series 2 onwards..."zomg they still haven't released a trailer, they always have by now normally, the bbc hate the show, they aren't doing enough promotion for the new series, etc, etc, etc.". To a degree I think people do tend to remember things slightly inaccurately at times.

But regardless, your comment earlier about "no trailer or any word about the marketing campaign commencing any time soon" was clearly not accurate. Your moving the goal posts.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people are so used to having teasers and trailers stupidly early now so they expect the same for DW. But the BBC never does much promo until a few weeks before the show starts and why should they? It still mostly follows the same pattern as it always has.
    I actually get a little pissed off with too much early hype. Many recent films and video games have begun drumming up hype so early you almost can't be bothered to get excited because it seems so far in the future. Man of Steel has been a bit guilty of this and the less said about Grand Theft Auto 5 the better...a teaser trailer released TWO YEARS before the game is released. And the other night I caught an advert for Assassins Creed 4- it piqued my interest and then at the end it announces that its to be released in November! Ridiculous. I think the BBC as with most things gets it right with DW. Though I do want another trailer soon,now we are only a couple of weeks away.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    they usually start 2 weeks (14 days exactly) before it starts and say "COMING SOON", then on the Saturday before (7 days) they say "NEXT SATURDAY", and on the following day they say "THIS SATURDAY"
  • Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wanted a trailer similar to the one where Amy and The Doctor were laying down and the ground beneath them burst and they were in that vortex style thing. I know it doesn't actually show footage from the show but it's a nice way of advertising. Maybe they could do it for the anniversary or Series 8.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    I really wanted a trailer similar to the one where Amy and The Doctor were laying down and the ground beneath them burst and they were in that vortex style thing. I know it doesn't actually show footage from the show but it's a nice way of advertising. Maybe they could do it for the anniversary or Series 8.

crumbs, i hated that trailer....:eek:

i remember at the time it made me quite nervous, ironically i ended up loving series 5 more than any of the post 2005 series and still do, but not the best first impression.....:D