Do Dalek armours have a microphone outside to relay the sound inside?

Jack_RamoneJack_Ramone Posts: 471
Forum Member
Or do they literally hear through the arrmour? I can't remember how Clara was "hearing" Missy and the Doctor when she was inside.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Or do they literally hear through the arrmour? I can't remember how Clara was "hearing" Missy and the Doctor when she was inside.

Does it really matter?

Send a Freedom of Information request to the BBC and ask; let us know how you get on!
  • sbuggsbugg Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it really matter?

Send a Freedom of Information request to the BBC and ask; let us know how you get on!

Wow Peter really is grumpy today.

OP wasn't they using radios?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    sbugg wrote: »
    Wow Peter really is grumpy today.

OP wasn't they using radios?

I'm Scottish, I'm allowed.
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    I presume they pick up sound (amongst many other things) with their tits.
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you mean their etheric beam locators?
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume they pick up sound (amongst many other things) with their tits.

They're Dalek Bumps....
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    While we're on the subject of Dalek anatomy...

Why are their sewers so bad when they all come with plumbing equipment attached?

eta: except special weapons dalek
  • andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    While we're on the subject of Dalek anatomy...

Why are their sewers so bad when they all come with plumbing equipment attached?

eta: except special weapons dalek

Presumably because they all promise to go fix it a week next Tuesday but never quite manage it (you know what plumbers are like) as world domination and extermination take priority (you know what a ruthless, hateful, killing alien race is like)! :D
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are The Daleks always listening for what to say next or do they go trancey and wake up just before they speak?:confused:
  • VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    Are The Daleks always listening for what to say next or do they go trancey and wake up just before they speak?:confused:

This isn't too far off the Doctor's description of his own conversational technique in Deep Breath. I don't know whether it's true of Daleks, though. Presumably having a number of pre-programmed verbal responses ready to kick in at a moment's notice would be helpful if it is.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vopiscus wrote:
    This isn't too far off the Doctor's description of his own conversational technique in Deep Breath. I don't know whether it's true of Daleks, though. Presumably having a number of pre-programmed verbal responses ready to kick in at a moment's notice would be helpful if it is.
    Wouldn't the Dalek look in a dictionary:D and only pick the words that The Dalek has been programmed with?

The Doctor would know a lot of words, long words, fascinating:D
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    andrew1973 wrote: »
    Presumably because they all promise to go fix it a week next Tuesday but never quite manage it (you know what plumbers are like) as world domination and extermination take priority (you know what a ruthless, hateful, killing alien race is like)! :D
    I certainly do, my other half is one.