Options

Would I Lie To You? (Series 9) - Fridays, 8:30pm, BBC1

Comments

• Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    hunter23 wrote: »
    i don't think he's that rich or famous anymore. maybe back in 2009/2010. i still find it hard to believe ^_^

I can't imagine he's got much on these days. It must be quite a lonely life.
  • Options
    anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine he's got much on these days. It must be quite a lonely life.

Maybe he should invite the maintenance man round :)
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mention of radio 4 earlier in the thread has reminded me that David Mitchell has his own panel show on the station which is based around a 'lie or truth' format.....

It's quite good !

If you've never heard it you can catch it tonight at 6.30 on Radio 4
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a heads-up for tonight's episode "The Unseen Bits" at 7:30pm.
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    Did they just repeat an old 'Unseen' clips episode tonight? It's the only one I can find on iPlayer.

What the hell are they doing with the remaining episodes from this series?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmm........that was strange

Unseen bits that we've seen before.......
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep that was an old "unseen bits" episode. I checked the date at the end and it was 2014.

What are they playing at? Didn't they drop an episode and now they're fobbing us off with an old unseen bits episode.

Last year they moved the series to a different day for the last couple of episodes.
    It really hacks me off how they treat WILTY when it's their funniest panel show by far. >:(
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Mention of radio 4 earlier in the thread has reminded me that David Mitchell has his own panel show on the station which is based around a 'lie or truth' format.....

It's quite good !

If you've never heard it you can catch it tonight at 6.30 on Radio 4

Downloaded a recent episode and his wife was one of the panellists along with Sarah Milican and Kath Ryan.
    They made a few gags related to Vicky being married to the 'teacher'
  • Options
    POTDPOTD Posts: 9,910
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    You've got to assume that they are cut because they are not entertaining.
    I agree that it's a shame that it doesn't get an extended version like HIGNFY, QI, Room 101 (also 8-10 Cats) as there is probably enough footage available but just adding in a person so that they get on screen may actually make an episode worse.

I guess if an episode is really good, the cut parts can go in the unseen bits compilation.

A bit weird this series, having 2 repeats tacked on the end. Normally TV companies don't mix up repeats and new episodes like this?
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded a recent episode and his wife was one of the panellists along with Sarah Milican and Kath Ryan.
    They made a few gags related to Vicky being married to the 'teacher'
    Thanks, I didn't know about this programme and have just listened to that episode - great fun but probably more so because VCM was on it.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    POTD wrote: »
    Normally TV companies don't mix up repeats and new episodes like this?
    Oh they do, frequently and it's flippin' annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So they broadcast the unseen bits from series 8, how odd, thought it was going to be from series 9 as it showed as a new episode on my EPG.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »
    Thanks, I didn't know about this programme and have just listened to that episode - great fun but probably more so because VCM was on it.

David didn't come over as quite 'himself' some thing was a little 'off' can't put my finger on what it was though.
    I'm not a big fan of the show, download listen once and delete, I keep vast swathes of Radio stuff I download off the BBC server, 150+ Gig, at a guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a heads-up for tonight's episode at 8:30pm.

Looks like they're finally resuming this series after an apparent mid-series break.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a heads-up for tonight's episode at 8:30pm.

Looks like they're finally resuming this series after an apparent mid-series break.

I believe this is just a one-off. Next Wednesday BBC1 is showing FA Cup football and the following week I think it will be the Great British Sport Relief Bake Off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    I believe this is just a one-off. Next Wednesday BBC1 is showing FA Cup football and the following week I think it will be the Great British Sport Relief Bake Off.

You may be right, it could be the last episode of this series. It says it's episode 8 on my planner but don't know how many episodes they normally have in each series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You may be right, it could be the last episode of this series. It says it's episode 8 on my planner but don't know how many episodes they normally have in each series.

it says 8/10 in the Radio Times

apparently it's 'returning after the Christmas break' according to RT
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it says 8/10 in the Radio Times

apparently it's 'returning after the Christmas break' according to RT

Don't know when they'll show episode 9 then, seems like it will be at least 3 weeks away.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to iPlayer episode 9 of this series was the Christmas one, shown on 28th Dec. The one shown today is episode 8 which might have been the one which got dropped for a repeat for reasons unknown. That could explain the unusual day and slot as they just fitted it in when they could.

I don't know if there any episodes after episode 9, it might just be the compilation episode which no doubt will pop up anywhere when they feel like showing it
    Rolleyes smiley
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those who missed last nights new episode due to the random scheduling (like me!), it's obviously available on iPlayer but is also repeated on Friday night at 11:25pm on BBC1.
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it very funny in places, maybe because all four guests were professional comedians/ comic actors, (Usually on WILTY, there is one person who is the Odd One Out who doesn't normally do panel shows but is still game enough to appear.) maybe because ten-twenty years ago I fancied Doon something rotten. Still do, I suppose...
    At first, I thought David's team were going to have to do all the work. Certainly, that's how it came over in the first two-thirds of the edit. Lee's side probably had more to do in the unedited version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the bit I laughed loudest at was David's questioning about the Crow Woman.......:D
  • Options
    ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    I think the bit I laughed loudest at was David's questioning about the Crow Woman.......:D
    Still can't believe that turned out to be true :D:D:D
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fun episode especially the crow woman story :haha:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    According to iPlayer episode 9 of this series was the Christmas one, shown on 28th Dec. The one shown today is episode 8 which might have been the one which got dropped for a repeat for reasons unknown. That could explain the unusual day and slot as they just fitted it in when they could.

I don't know if there any episodes after episode 9, it might just be the compilation episode which no doubt will pop up anywhere when they feel like showing it
    Rolleyes smiley

You're right and apparently they feel like showing that episode of "The Unseen Bits" at 9.30pm tonight.