Loose Women facing a panel shake-up or getting a new format?

Comments

• chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I demand that Mr Frizell book Miriam Margolyes IMMEDIATELY. :D
    At least once a week, if not more.

I would like to see regular appearances by Alex Polizzi.

I would like to see them get rid of Myleen Klass, LIsa Maxwell, Sherrie Hewson, Coleen Nolan, Sally Lindsay, Andrea Mclean and Carol Vorderman,
    And, just a thought, if Susannah Reid is going to ITV Breakfast telly, it won't be long before she's on Loose Women as well - so can I vote to get rid of her before she starts, thanks?

Also no to Lowri Turner, Janet Ellis, Yasmin Alibai-Brown. [Regulars on Channel 5's Wright Stuff]

There must be some more intelligent, eloquent and interesting women out there who he could book.
    I'm happy to see Ruth Langsford stay, and Jane Moore and Janet Street Porter and Kaye Adams.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex Polizzi is a great idea!
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Alex Polizzi is a great idea!

She was on Channel 5's Wright Stuff as a guest one day last week and she was great!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get rid of

Linda Robson
    Kaye Adams
    Coleen Nolan
    Nadia Sawahala
    Ruth Langsford
    Shobna Gulati
    Coleen Nolan
    Janet Street Porter
    Jane Moore
    Coleen Nolan
    Sherrie Hewson
    Jamelia
    Coleen Nolan
    Andrea McLean
    Myleene Klass
    Lisa Maxwell
    Coleen Nolan
    Vorderman
    Sally Lindsay:
    Coleen Nolan
    McGiffin
    Millican
    Coleen Nolan
    Eclair
    Bellingham
    Jane McDonald
    Coleen Nolan
    Cilia
    Kate
    Coleen Nolan
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKNikey wrote: »
    Get rid of

Linda Robson
    Kaye Adams
    Coleen Nolan
    Nadia Sawahala
    Ruth Langsford
    Shobna Gulati
    Coleen Nolan
    Janet Street Porter
    Jane Moore
    Coleen Nolan
    Sherrie Hewson
    Jamelia
    Coleen Nolan
    Andrea McLean
    Myleene Klass
    Lisa Maxwell
    Coleen Nolan
    Vorderman
    Sally Lindsay:
    Coleen Nolan
    McGiffin
    Millican
    Coleen Nolan
    Eclair
    Bellingham
    Jane McDonald
    Coleen Nolan
    Cilia
    Kate
    Coleen Nolan

Erm isn't that all of the panelists? All I can suggest for you is not watching it all together! :D
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show has got much better since they got rid of McGiffin and Welch. It was all a bit like a hen night when they were on it.

Now there is actual debate, before there was smut.

Sherrie needs to go now. She has finished for a while to film Benidorm but I don't think she will be back. Carol V also needs to go, and take Mylene with her. Sally Lindsay is intelligent enough but annoying. Jamelia is lovely but out of her depth. Shobna is quirky and different, that is a good thing and she should stay. Andrea is nice but not very interesting. Linda R makes me laugh, she is down to earth.

On no circumstances get rid of Janet SP, Jane Moore, Kaye Adams, Ruth, Nadia and Colleen. The latter is old school LW but she works if she is on the Panel with Kaye, Jane, Nadia or Jane. Lisa is also old school LW but there is still room for her.

Returners, invite Jenny Eclair and Lynda Bellingham back.

On no account get Angela Griffiths or Fiona Phillips or Lulu or Cilla. What about a much older woman - Angela Rippon, Gloria Hunnyford?

Guest presenters (if they could be persuaded) - Joanna Lumley, Jennifer Saunders, Victoria Wood, Julie Waters, Miriam Margoles? Carol Smilie - she hasn't been seen for a while.

Some random suggestions, Jo Joyner ( ex Eastenders), Sophie Ellis Bextor (good on today's show), Maxine Peake?

I think ITV should employ me as a consultant, I have got it sussed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought of another, Julia Bradbury. She has just gone over to ITV. She would be a good addition.
  • c0boc0bo Posts: 6,465
    Forum Member
    What if they put Christine Bleakley on the panel? Well she's not doing anything at the moment what with Dancing on the Ice now over.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c0bo wrote: »
    What if they put Christine Bleakley on the panel? Well she's not doing anything at the moment what with Dancing on the Ice now over.

I doubt she'd want to do it, bit of a come down after being 'lead presenter' on a number of prime time shows.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    I like the idea of Joyner.

Maybe Kim Woodburn and Jenny Powell could be interesting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I like the idea of Joyner.

Maybe Kim Woodburn and Jenny Powell could be interesting

Oh, no thank you, far too full of herself.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »

You're right, she is.

Often see her locally and she's always artfully dishevelled, looking over her shoulder to see if someone has recognised her. Often see her on the train back from London as well, talking far too loudly in her obnoxious, 'look at meeee' voice.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My mum saw Jenny Powell posing and talking very loudly on a plane to Cyprus a while ago.
    How about having Lurid Men, hosted by Keith Lemon. With a panel of Paddy McGuiness, Johnny Vaughn and Shane Ritchie. If they want to change the format.
  • twintwin Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt she'd want to do it, bit of a come down after being 'lead presenter' on a number of prime time shows.

Just please don't make her Holly's replacement on This Morning, that's all we need !

I vote to get rid of:

Kay Adams ( looked forward to her coming back but I don't feel it is working)
    Jamelia ( out of her depth)
    Carol Voderman (so irritating and loves herself)

The way I see it to revamp it, is to stop repeating all the topics that have just been on This Morning ! We don't want exactly the same subjects debated, that have just been discussed on TM. Do something original each day.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LW used to be on every day at my workplace, but since Myleene Klass joined I have managed to have the TV (it's in a waiting room) switched over. My sanity can not take that woman shrieking over everyone. As a result I have not seen the Loose ladies for quite a while now. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    You're right, she is.

Often see her locally and she's always artfully dishevelled, looking over her shoulder to see if someone has recognised her. Often see her on the train back from London as well, talking far too loudly in her obnoxious, 'look at meeee' voice.

My negative opinion of her was heightened via this incident......

One of my friends sisters got introduced to her at some function and she (Jenny Powell) evidently said, "hello, do you want your photograph taken with me?", they didn't particularly and so said, "no that's fine" and she said "oh" and just walked off!
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My negative opinion of her was heightened via this incident......

One of my friends sisters got introduced to her at some function and she (Jenny Powell) evidently said, "hello, do you want your photograph taken with me?", they didn't particularly and so said, "no that's fine" and she said "oh" and just walked off!

Sounds about right!

Don't think the daft bint has actually been on the TV in any meaningful way in the last decade or two :D
  • phillip2phillip2 Posts: 1,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love coleen , jsp, linda, andrea, vorders, ruth
    Jamelia, sherrie are ok
    Hate hate hate lisa, sally , kaye, myleene(tweeted i hate her pout and jusy dont like her on lw she replied hahahahahahahha! ) childish! Nadia as menched her damily all the time and dont see point of jane moore a nobody! Think thats everyone ha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phillip2 wrote: »
    I love coleen , jsp, linda, andrea, vorders, ruth
    Jamelia, sherrie are ok
    Hate hate hate lisa, sally , kaye, myleene(tweeted i hate her pout and jusy dont like her on lw she replied hahahahahahahha! ) childish! Nadia as menched her damily all the time and dont see point of jane moore a nobody! Think thats everyone ha

Not a fan of Mylene but to be fair your post was childish. A 10 year old would make more sense.
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    Nadia can be strange at times though. Not to mention her annoying habit about mentioning her Arabic background every five minutes. Yes Nadia your half Arabic. Get over it all ready! Lol.

she usually likes to mention her sister aswell
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    she usually likes to mention her sister aswell

And don't forget her tough peri-menopause.
  • phillip2phillip2 Posts: 1,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of Mylene but to be fair your post was childish. A 10 year old would make more sense.

Your opinion!
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thought of another, Julia Bradbury. She has just gone over to ITV. She would be a good addition.

NO NO NO!!! Less of this woman on TV, not more!
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all this thread shows is that everyone has different tastes in who they like on the panel

how are the ratings actually doing now as I noticed they have only had ONE guest on per episode for a while

I honestly think having the guest on longer makes it much better and letting them in on some debates. A 5 minute interview at the end of the show doesn't really give us much. Admittedly they had Mark Wright on today so not sure what he could add

Whatever they do it always seems to have criticism anyway
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I can't believe the pile of shite that is Loose Women is still on the air.

Surely there's a limit to how many times the subject of humanity dying out if men had to give birth can be discussed.