Free Dr Who DVD in the Sun today!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coupon Redeeemable at WH Smith unless you're in certain regions when it's in with the mag (Carlton & another I think). Didn't get it as I probab;y won't be able to get to WHS with all the snow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the upside the DVD has two episodes I don't already own. On the downside they're The End Of Time parts 1 and 2... Where'd I leave that shotgun? Oh well, at least the matt and Karen interview should be worthwhile.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn if it weren't for the Snow I'd nip to my local WHsmiths and get this. can you also get disc from Tesco's or is it just WHsmiths?
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Kinda feel cheated when I buy The End of Time with The Waters of Mars in a boxset last January for £17.99..... eleven months later, and the same amount of episode (albeit with TEH rather than TWOM) is being gven away for less than £1. If only they'd put Bluray versions in the paper for free ;):rolleyes::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda feel cheated when I buy The End of Time with The Waters of Mars in a boxset last January for £17.99..... eleven months later, and the same amount of episode (albeit with TEH rather than TWOM) is being gven away for less than £1. If only they'd put Bluray versions in the paper for free ;):rolleyes::D

Just think of it as £18 for waters of mars and you got a couple of hours of terrible bonus features thrown in for free ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brill bought it today only time I ever buy the Sun, I love all 3 episodes only 60p!
  • Lobelia OverhilLobelia Overhil Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't find the coupon, so I'm going to take the mag to the shop that's got the DVD's and asking for it tomorrow!
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't find the coupon, so I'm going to take the mag to the shop that's got the DVD's and asking for it tomorrow!

Page 25.
  • Adam KelleherAdam Kelleher Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see The Sun continuing in their support for Who.
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member

My DVD was actually in the newspaper, packed in the plastic bag with the Buzz TV guide.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went in to WH Smiths today, they'd run out.

In the words of Catherine Tate; What a load of....
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather carve my toe than spend 1 red cent on that filthy, fetid rag, the Sun.

I'll download the content eventually :)
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Just think of it as £18 for waters of mars and you got a couple of hours of terrible bonus features thrown in for free ;)

I thought The Waters of Mars was overrated too :p... good but not amazing (nonetheless it goes in the collection). The End of Time: Part 1 remains my least favourite episode of Doctor Who after Love and Monsters, Part 2 is a lot better but in terms of finales is only better than Last of the Timelords. All my opinion ofc ;):p
  • Lobelia OverhilLobelia Overhil Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Page 25.

Christmas Quiz in my [Irish] copy...
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    My DVD was actually in the newspaper, packed in the plastic bag with the Buzz TV guide.

nope, wasn't in mine

Didn't get a chance to go to the shop today, will try tomorrow instead
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,574
    Forum Member
    man I'm glad I live in London :p

dunno why they could have put the DVD in all regions of Buzz magazine. It's not like they haven't given away CD/DVD's before
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought The Waters of Mars was overrated too :p... good but not amazing (nonetheless it goes in the collection). The End of Time: Part 1 remains my least favourite episode of Doctor Who after Love and Monsters, Part 2 is a lot better but in terms of finales is only better than Last of the Timelords. All my opinion ofc ;):p

I find Part 2 is massively improved if you just fast forward right around that 'to get my reward' nonsense and stop just after 'I don't wanna go'... :D
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Part 2 is massively improved if you just fast forward right around that 'to get my reward' nonsense and stop just after 'I don't wanna go'... :D

:confused: That would miss out my favourite bit :p

Just goes to show you can't please all the people........:D
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    man I'm glad I live in London :p

dunno why they could have put the DVD in all regions of Buzz magazine. It's not like they haven't given away CD/DVD's before
    Agreed! I missed it. Tried to get it from WHSmith on Sunday, they said they ran out on Saturday... which means they must've had less DVDs than papers. What's the point allowing you to redeem until Monday if they run of stock on the first day! No way to send for it through the post either!:mad: Same thing happened with the recent Coronation Street promo, couldn't get to Tesco early enough.
    Coupon Redeeemable at WH Smith unless you're in certain regions when it's in with the mag (Carlton & another I think). Didn't get it as I probab;y won't be able to get to WHS with all the snow
    Carlton and London... they're the same region, idiots at The Sun!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Carlton and London... they're the same region, idiots at The Sun!

Carlton Central?
  • Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,849
    Forum Member
    If you missed the opportunity, don't worry. They'll be turning up on eBay for the next few months for about a quid.
    You can still find copies of the LAST Who giveaway on there.
  • lunarjimlunarjim Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    On the upside the DVD has two episodes I don't already own. On the downside they're The End Of Time parts 1 and 2... Where'd I leave that shotgun? Oh well, at least the matt and Karen interview should be worthwhile.

Are there interviews on the free dvd?
    I could not find any.

Thank you.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lunarjim wrote: »
    Are there interviews on the free dvd?
    I could not find any.

Thank you.

No the interview was in the magazine that came with the Newspaper
  • lunarjimlunarjim Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    No the interview was in the magazine that came with the Newspaper

Thank you for your reply.My newspaper didn't come with The Buzz mag inside,I bought my copy from WHS in Derby where they handed over the free dvd without asking for the token.I didn't notice the mag was missing until I was out of the store I went back and told them and I was told that the mag is free and they had no spare copies,then refused to give me a copy.