What was the worst pressie you got this year?

Comments

• queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh I forgot, I did get some homemade chocs which I tried yesterday, it was revolting so I threw them away.

If I get asked after Christmas how they were, they were from a colleague, I 'll say they were delicious! :D

And pray to god she doesn't give me anymore!:eek:
  • georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was given a toiletry bag. Like most women in their forties, I already have too many of the damn things.
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nothing.
    don't do xmas - I'm Jewish, but Chanukah was just the general DVD's, and some horrible bath stuff that smells of loo cleaner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    An Old Spice gift set.

I never liked Old Spice in the 1980s :)
  • SoliloquyOSoundSoliloquyOSound Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I THINK.

The worst present I got this year was to be told that opening presents would happen on Boxing Day
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How? Do you have a receipt or gift receipt?

Yes I have a gift receipt and it's from Next so they don't do exchanges until after the sales so I won't even try until the new year:)
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies for not reading the entire thread but just had to write what my ex husband got me for christmas.....

Picture the scene........me, my partner, my daughter all excitedly opening our presents in a warm, loving enivronment. Then my daughter gives me a present from her dad, my ex husband.

I open it to find a calender. And when it is my weekend to have my daughter (and his weekend "off"), he has written my name on those days. On the envelope was the comment "so we can see who has drawn the short straw" i.e who's turn it is to have my daughter.

I am the full time parent and have been firmly put in my place about my time "off". Until December 2011 :p:rolleyes::mad::(
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got some perfume that I can't use because I have eczema and will just make my wrists/neck sting. It's not a bad present, it's just gonna be an unused one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get any presents this year so haven't got a worst :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies for not reading the entire thread but just had to write what my ex husband got me for christmas.....

Picture the scene........me, my partner, my daughter all excitedly opening our presents in a warm, loving enivronment. Then my daughter gives me a present from her dad, my ex husband.

I open it to find a calender. And when it is my weekend to have my daughter (and his weekend "off"), he has written my name on those days. On the envelope was the comment "so we can see who has drawn the short straw" i.e who's turn it is to have my daughter.

I am the full time parent and have been firmly put in my place about my time "off". Until December 2011 :p:rolleyes::mad::(

That's just really insensitive of him :eek: I hope your daughter wasn't upset. Maybe he has a strange sense of humour?! :confused:
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the envelope was the comment "so we can see who has drawn the short straw" i.e who's turn it is to have my daughter.
    Your ex sounds like a prized d1ckhead. How old is your daughter?
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the most revolting looking knitted sort of a scarf thing. It is in a strange mixture of colours, sort of muddy reds and browns and a tiny bit of blue....ugh! It has a big button on one side and a buttonhole on the other and is very short. I suppose you are supposed to do it up round your neck. It is truly horrible and looks like something a really old woman would wear. I feel quite insulted.

I feel like givng it back again next year. I would only want to give it to someone I really didn't like!
  • caboosecaboose Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    a gift voucher for a shop which is over 50 miles away !
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    presents-wise, bad year. But really christmas is for kids, and a big trial and error getting presents for everybody else.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeh, I forgot to add, I have some lovely presents but the least suitable (I don't really want to call it 'worst') is a lovely soft soft dressing gown which is completely pure white. For something I'm going to lounge around in, I'm going to get it dirty as soon as I tie the belt in it.
    But the present giver has no problem in me changing it over for something I'll like and has me the receipt to do so. No drama. :cool:
  • Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    Nothing I would describe as particularly 'bad' - I'll use everything I got - but quite a few bits that showed no imagination or thought whatsoever.
    Such as a pack of socks, Gift set of 'smellies', etc....
  • JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deodorant, they say it is the thought that counts don't they. Well it did not take much of that, OJ LOL. It was just my least likeable present.
  • Daffodil67Daffodil67 Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spent Christmas with a friend and his mum gives the most hilarious (But it's kind of sweet) presents. I opened oven gloves and tea towels and he opened such delights as De -Icer, Screenwash and a Tesco Value Bag Of Rags! I was trying to not explode with laughter! :D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I got the most revolting looking knitted sort of a scarf thing. It is in a strange mixture of colours, sort of muddy reds and browns and a tiny bit of blue....ugh! It has a big button on one side and a buttonhole on the other and is very short. I suppose you are supposed to do it up round your neck. It is truly horrible and looks like something a really old woman would wear. I feel quite insulted.

I feel like givng it back again next year. I would only want to give it to someone I really didn't like!

That does indeed sound awful! Who did you get it from?
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend/neighbour gave me a beautifully wrapped box of homemade sweets. Problem is ... as nice as she is, she is not one for housework and I was round there the other day and her kitchen is piled high with junk and is very, very grubby.:eek:

Half eaten meals, sink and draining boards piled high with dirty dishes. She doesn't own a vacuum cleaner and doesn't know what bleach is. I went there for a meal just once and she pulled out the grill pan and there were a couple of hairy, green sausages in there from weeks before.

There is no way I can eat them and I know for sure none of my family will because we all know what she's like so sadly I will have to fib and say they're delicious. My son has been pushing the box in my direction all day and saying "go on Mum you know you'd love a pube and silverfish cluster".:eek:
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Ooh I forgot, I did get some homemade chocs which I tried yesterday, it was revolting so I threw them away.

If I get asked after Christmas how they were, they were from a colleague, I 'll say they were delicious! :D

And pray to god she doesn't give me anymore!:eek:

Just seen your post! You're braver than me. I never, ever eat anything homemade unless I know who made it. Years ago I went to a fete with a friend and she bought some cakes and they were completely full of hairs. Someone either had severe hair loss or they prepared them on a worktop where a cat had been. There is another option but I want to vomit:eek::eek:
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Just seen your post! You're braver than me. I never, ever eat anything homemade unless I know who made it. Years ago I went to a fete with a friend and she bought some cakes and they were completely full of hairs. Someone either had severe hair loss or they prepared them on a worktop where a cat had been. There is another option but I want to vomit:eek::eek:

I work with the woman, so I kind of trusted her. No more!

Hairs...barffffff!!:eek::eek:

I made chocolate brownies for 6 of my son's teachers, I hope they all ate them, I'm very clean. I hope they didn't mistrust me!:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    A toy meerkat wearing a t-shirt with "Meery Christmas" on it. :confused:
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A glittery, plastic fairy ornament. It was a joke present from my mum and dad, who also got me lots of lovely presents! :D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    summerain wrote: »
    A toy meerkat wearing a t-shirt with "Meery Christmas" on it. :confused:

I've never seen anything like that anywhere!