Options

Weirdest thing ever said to you?

Comments

• Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm paraphrasing but, "If anyone starts shooting in your direction, then try to find cover".

Yes, no f**king sh*t Sherlock!
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got asked, in front of a crowd of people, very recently, if there was "a touch of the tar-brush" about me. My father is Italian and I have dark hair and eyes - but the phrase used sounded so insulting and so racist.
    :eek: I'm actually speechless.

That's so 1890s New Delhi...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I'm usually the one saying weird things :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Weirdest thing someone ever said to me was "Johnny Depp's ok but I just don't fancy him." :eek:

Is that even humanly possible?

Er yeah. I think he's pretty but unfanciable...
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christa wrote: »
    :eek: I'm actually speechless.

That's so 1890s New Delhi...
    I was speechless too. And this was a white guy in his early 30's asking me that, not some old colonial buffer in his 70's - which would still be unforgivable, but understandable (ish).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Jennymoo wrote: »
    Did this really happen though?

Yep - while I was at Uni (well over 15 years ago).
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Christa wrote: »
    Er yeah. I think he's pretty but unfanciable...

Nope, I've read that twice and still can't comprehend.

;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he was neither which added to my anxiety! He lived in the middle of a city, what was his interest in cows??!!! I am 47 now so that was 30 years ago I have never forgotten it, I am truly scarred by his comments. My eyes remain big, brown with long lashes though ;):)
    Ah right, in that case, you were wise to be alarmed. An urban man doesn't really appreciate the beauty of cow's eyes. I bet he was into bestiality:D

Oops, sorry I was trying to make you feel better!!!:o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I lived in Brighton, a lady (who looked totally normal) just walked up to me on the street and said

"Would you like to buy some lemons darling?"

I played along, just for fun and said yes (they were on my shopping list anyway) thinking she had a stall or something and was drumming up business. She just said

"Waitrose is just around the corner, they have spiffing lemons"

Then she kissed me on the cheek and walked away.

Ironically, I just stood there like a lemon for about 5 minutes trying to work out WTF she was talking about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep - while I was at Uni (well over 15 years ago).

He sounds like good company.

Did you go to the police?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Nope, I've read that twice and still can't comprehend.

;)

Me neither.
    Johnny Depp isn't fanciable???

I am confused:confused:
  • Options
    Tasty DelightTasty Delight Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither.

I don't think he is fanciable at all. Am I odd?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah right, in that case, you were wise to be alarmed. An urban man doesn't really appreciate the beauty of cow's eyes. I bet he was into bestiality:D

Oops, sorry I was trying to make you feel better!!!:o:o
    Cows eyes hmm... that reminds me - some guy shouted out to me or rather to my bf - as we walked past:

"If I were going home with pins like that I'd be pleased with my bacon".

I was so chuffed to be likened to a pig *oink*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennymoo wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago a guy in a shop said "hi Alison" to me.

What was so weird about that Alison?:D:):D:):D
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Me neither.

*swoon*
    Very!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.:D:D

Nah only joking, Jonny Depp is my ideal - and totally unattainable man - not everybody's.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was she one of these middle-aged motherly types who still think they've got what it takes?

No she was young and fit...and I was young too, unfortunately not the other.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delphium wrote: »
    I was once walking through town to my place of work and a total stranger said to me:

"Tosser".

I replied: "F**k off"

The we both carried on our way :D

Just for you - some Derek and Clive - This bloke came up and said to me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTifRi3qDkU
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you're odd then so am I.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some old geezer friend of Hubbys asked me to checkout the wallpaper on his ceiling!!!!!!!!! This was years ago when I started dating Hubby. I knew I liked the older man, but this man was somehow taking the mickey (he was in his late 70s and I was 22). Bless him though, he died a few years back. We still laugh at this comment.

Another time was when I was on a bus with my daughter (who was about a year old). I was sitting by a misty window and drawing shapes on them and there was an elderly man sitting in front of us. He turned to me and I thought he was going to be grumpy about daughter for some reason (she was laughing at my shapes, so I didn't think she was bothering anyone) and he turned to me and said 'you mark my words, your child will be a captain of industry' (I was freaked out by this, I wrote this in my baby diary)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some old geezer friend of Hubbys asked me to checkout the wallpaper on his ceiling!!!!!!!!! This was years ago when I started dating Hubby. I knew I liked the older man, but this man was somehow taking the mickey (he was in his late 70s and I was 22). Bless him though, he died a few years back. We still laugh at this comment.

Another time was when I was on a bus with my daughter (who was about a year old). I was sitting by a misty window and drawing shapes on them and there was an elderly man sitting in front of us. He turned to me and I thought he was going to be grumpy about daughter for some reason (she was laughing at my shapes, so I didn't think she was bothering anyone) and he turned to me and said 'you mark my words, your child will be a captain of industry' (I was freaked out by this, I wrote this in my baby diary)
    And is she???:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    A man once asked me if I wanted to go to his for dinner as he had some really nice sprouts to cook up. He wasn't joking either and that was his exact phrasing. I politely declined. My boyfriend at the time laughed for about two weeks solid when I told him and the whole thing deteriorated over the years into sprouts becoming code for fancying a nice 'intimate' evening together. I would never have anticipated that sprouts could take on any sexual connotation in my life. I love weirdos, they make family folklore.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And is she???:eek:

She's only 14:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's only 14:D
    Oh right, so she may well be in the future:) Fantastic. Keep me posted!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou-kate wrote: »
    A man once asked me if I wanted to go to his for dinner as he had some really nice sprouts to cook up. He wasn't joking either and that was his exact phrasing. I politely declined. My boyfriend at the time laughed for about two weeks solid when I told him and the whole thing deteriorated over the years into sprouts becoming code for fancying a nice 'intimate' evening together. I would never have anticipated that sprouts could take on any sexual connotation in my life. I love weirdos, they make family folklore.

Aw bless, how could any man think sprouts could equate to some sexy time? with a lady?:eek: I hope he has moved on and isn't still trying to seduce women with a pan of sprouts, that would be so sad:cry: