Skint- Channel 4

Comments

• AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The real fun and games start on a friday and saturday night. When my mother was very poorly we had to stay with her overnight the sights that you would see on the way to the toilet were amazing.

I'm shuddering at the thought of it...:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the lady was dressing the little boy in his underwear it was lovely and clean and white - got to give her that.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    The whole programme should be subtitled, I don't understand them if they don't have subtitles😓
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That young lad needs something like a boxing gym.
  • heresittingheresitting Posts: 2,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Its terrible what happened around all the Valleys
    Treorchy is the same (all my family come from there)
    Labour totally failed to address the core problems, A lot of houses got objective 1 status so my gran finally had an indoor bathroom but they are right. All the jobs are down in Cardiff

Agree 100%.

Labour has done so, so much damage to the Valleys. The mindset of so many of the people who live there is that only Labour can do anything for them... whereas the reality is that Labour deliberately keep people like that down so they can use them to further their cause.

Anyone with any sense gets out as soon as they can.
  • Jules_BaxterJules_Baxter Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    I have a friend who is a social worker and she says on certain estates night and day are all topsy turvey. All the car and motorbike chases, parties and playing music goes on at night and the days are for sleeping. In some cases Social Services supply carers to get the children up and make sure they get to school.

Jesus, how mad is it that money has to spent on carers to do what the parents can't be arsed to do!
    :o
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel sorry for Lisa.. She deserves a lot better than that waste of space she's got with her
  • DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Bloody hell 15 years is a long time to have agrophobia.. Has she never asked for help from her GP..or is it just easier to get the benefits..

I used to be agoraphobic, though I managed to go to work for a fair number of years while feeling terrible nearly every day. Eventually I started working as a tutor from home as going out every day was becoming almost impossible. I'd tried every treatment going, plus every alternative treatment I heard of, and nothing worked. Some of the treatments helped a little, but agoraphobia is a very hard phobia to cure. To go out every day while feeling dizzy and faint is an unbelievably horrible experience, but I was lucky in having supportive colleagues when I was in the civil service, otherwise I couldn't have done it.

In the end I cured myself by using EFT, a tapping therapy that I'd read about. No one was more amazed than me that it actually worked almost immediately. Don't ask me why it worked when nothing else did, I had had no more hope of it than of any of the dozens of other things I'd tried, but work it did and I've been fine ever since. If anybody with agoraphobia is reading this, please give it a try. Just google EFT and read what to do, it's free and it's simple to do. Good luck!

Sorry, just read over that and I've gone off topic. :blush:
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I often wonder when people watch these programmes do they think that everyone in that area are all tarred with the same brush
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The real fun and games start on a friday and saturday night. When my mother was very poorly we had to stay with her overnight the sights that you would see on the way to the toilet were amazing.

I know where you are coming from there, my boyfriend broke his leg while we were away in Manchester and had to be admitted to emergency surgical care ward at Manchester Royal, christ there were rooms guarded 24/7 by cops, somalian gang beating victims being visited by CID, stab victims! My poor fella sandwiched between them and some dotty old fellas with broken hips constantly singing "long way to tipperary" together all night long (An old Irish fella use to get an ethnic old fella next to him to join in - the nurses had to hand out ear plugs):)
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Why does every chav call one of their kids Kian? Seriously, is there some chav conference where they decide on the most appropriate chav names. They all seem to follow some collective trend and they surely can't all think the name Kian is a good name.
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    I know where you are coming from there, my boyfriend broke his leg while we were away in Manchester and had to be admitted to emergency surgical care ward at Manchester Royal, christ there were rooms guarded 24/7 by cops, somalian gang beating victims being visited by CID, stab victims! My poor fella sandwiched between them and some dotty old fellas with broken hips constantly singing "long way to tipperary" together all night long (An old Irish fella use to get an ethnic old fella next to him to join in - the nurses had to hand out ear plugs):)

I've warned my family I don't want to be admitted to that hospital even if I'm dying. I'd come back and haunt them! lol
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt a bit sorry for that guy who was doing all the odds and ends to earn money. I bet every time he gets something the fet heads are hovering all around him borrowing this and that. Especially that Ashley who was supposed to be his mate.
  • BL3HBL3H Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    It's nice so many on this thread are so judgemental. Obviously they know all about living like that.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    davor wrote: »
    How do they get these chavs to be on TV. Skint my foot, Sky TV, smart TV, video games. They have more than they deserve.

They can always find money for drugs ciggies and booze
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BL3H wrote: »
    It's nice so many on this thread are so judgemental. Obviously they know all about living like that.

There will always be someone like you that spouts a statement like this on threads like this, probably because you must be the same ilk as some of these people! Nobody in their right frame of mind who works and pays tax is ever going to show empathy for lazy bone idle young guys who should be out working or educating themselves yet spend everyday sleeping off the drugs and booze - all of which is funded by the tax payer!

Nobody in their right frame of mind if they work and pay tax are going to like the fact that all these mothers seem to have enough tax payers money to have decent home electronics and eat themselves to colossal size!

Taxpayers like us will never know about living like that because we have morals and common sense that won't allow us to live like that!
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    BL3H wrote: »

You're right I have no idea what its like to live like that.

I had no idea that the social would hand out £1000 for someone to do up their home when the are sick of their colour scheme. I have to make do with what I have as I have no money for stuff like that after paying all my bills.

I have no idea what its like to party all night and spend the day sleeping it off. I'm too busy working

The thing repeated over and over was that the jobs are in Cardiff. An hour away. I travel an hour each way to work why is it beyond them?
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to live near a woman that used to like to scream at her kids constantly like that, used to wind me up having to listen to her all the time when trying to enjoy my garden in the summer.

scream at her to shut the f**K up
  • buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davor wrote: »
    The whole programme should be subtitled, I don't understand them if they don't have subtitles😓

Well I can understand them with no problem at all !!!

Noticed it's a different Narrator from the first two series.
  • buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    buttsfife wrote: »
    Well I can understand them with no problem at all !!!

Noticed it's a different Narrator from the first two series.

Also if that Hayley is agoraphobic and has not been out of the house for 15 years - how does she sign on ?
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    buttsfife wrote: »
    Also if that Hayley is agoraphobic and has not been out of the house for 15 years - how does she sign on ?

Is she the one with seven kids? If so, how did she manage to have those if she never left the house?

For some reason, in programmes like these, the women seem to be a lot more intelligent than the men. And it's great that a couple of them are trying hard to find work. It was sad that, in the case of the one who did, it was revealed at the end that it was a zero-hours contract.
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agoraphobia, eh? How convenient. Get off your arse and support your own kids, you workshy oaf. As for that wastrel who steals off his mum, he needs a slap. The woman who got the job an hour away that's saddled with that lazy, bone idle git and lazy kids deserves way better.
  • Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least the woman with the seven kids keeps her home clean and tidy. I didn't realise the govt. gave loans for curtains, cushions and home furnishings. :confused:
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    More wastes of space last night. David fully intends to be in and out if jail all his life and expects his girlfriend to wait for him. She, of course, is already pregnant to somebody else when he has only just gone.

I really liked Rachel. She has turned herself around and I hope she continues on the right path and looks after her mother.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Skint is a pretty fair balance of what their life is like. If they're good they are portrayed that way and if they're bad the show gives them enough rope to hang themselves. It doesn't have some annoying voice over saying 'benefits this, benefits that'