question time panals after the 2015 general election

mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
Forum Member
as it looks certain the SNP will have the third most MPs does this mean they will be entitled to have a representative on every QT panal

Comments

• Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They would still only be representing 3-4% of the electorate so probably not.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or to me more accurate, the percentage of seats in the british parliament ..... but there ISN'T such a requisite for question time anyway!
  • Fixit AgainFixit Again Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's obviously getting late.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    Amaretto2 wrote: »
    They would still only be representing 3-4% of the electorate so probably not.

but in terms of MPs they will still have the third most seats and in the past on QT panals when political partys in GB are represented on QT the 3 main parties in terms of seats always have one representative each.
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope that whatever "formula" is used, it brings the end to Shirley Bloody Williams, Charles Kennedy and Pantsdown appearances.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    as it looks certain the SNP will have the third most MPs does this mean they will be entitled to have a representative on every QT panal

Only if they use sub-titles!:D
  • AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    Only if they use sub-titles!:D

Hilarious.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,566
    Forum Member
    I just hope that whatever "formula" is used, it brings the end to Shirley Bloody Williams, Charles Kennedy and Pantsdown appearances.

Shirley Williams is lovely. Should be on every week.
  • psy7chpsy7ch Posts: 10,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Nigel Farage will maintain his position of being the most frequent guest on QT.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »

Jeez SNP again? :D

Seriously though
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/newswatch/ukfs/hi/newsid_4200000/newsid_4202800/4202877.stm#How does
    In normal programmes, that means Labour and the Conservatives are virtually always represented; in the majority of editions, so are the Liberal Democrats.

We keep these proportions - and those of smaller parties - under constant review, taking as our guide the level of electoral support at national level which each party enjoys.

So I'd expect not
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Lib Dems have anything less than 20 seats they should not be on the majority of programmes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    If the Lib Dems have anything less than 20 seats they should not be on the majority of programmes.

Not true, as they have been offered a permanent residency on Pointless.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not true, as they have been offered a permanent residency on Pointless.

Wayhey! Like it!