Migrant Coverage

Comments

• wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Islamic State operative spoke exclusively to BuzzFeed
    Was it part of a 15 Reasons Join The Islamic State article?
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Owens wrote: »
    I can only see this getting worse. Riots and bloodshed .:(

This is one of the things that has infuriated me about this whole affair. None of the halfwits declaring "refugees welcome" and how there is "no limit" to the number of people Europe can accept, ever seemed to actually stop and consider how you actually police and control millions of people trying to force their way across a continent.

Or how you police and control those people once they reach their destinations when their numbers reach into the hundreds of thousands.

It's utterly insane!

For comparison, just imagine if the entire population of Leeds decided one year that they were all going to destroy all records of their identities, up sticks and fan out across the rest of the UK (but heading predominantly for the large cities), and the rest of the UK and the cities they're heading to were suddenly tasked with finding all of those people accommodation, money, food, healthcare, schooling, social services... how in the world could it possibly be properly marshalled?

And what in the world would stop those hundreds of thousands of people going where they please and doing what they please when they have the strength in numbers over the authorities?

Does anybody think the demands of hundreds of thousands of people carries no weight when the alternative could be rioting and civil disorder? The threat of violent disorder is very real and the authorities' ability to handle such disruption has been greatly overestimated.

There have already been clashes across Europe between Turkish and Kurdish migrants and ex-pats recently, which riot police have been tasked with containing. How does anybody think the Germans, or the Austrians, or the Hungarians can control hundreds of thousands of people if they decided to kick off?

This whole farce has been handled appallingly and the people who thought that Europe could accommodate millions of people flooding into their countries have shown what irresponsible, treacherous fools they really are!
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Do you think at last the French will do a bit of internment of the migrants in Calais? Or is that a hope too far?

Unless they make being an illegal immigrant a crime I don't think they can. They should be processing them all.
  • DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Unless they make being an illegal immigrant a crime I don't think they can. They should be processing them, but they won't.

lol...
  • Bar Bar JinksBar Bar Jinks Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Unless they make being an illegal immigrant a crime I don't think they can. They should be processing them all.

:D:D:D
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Post of the thread so far :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    Was it part of a 15 Reasons Join The Islamic State article?

Probably. Buzzfeed, the oracle of truth and wisdom.
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think she needs a lie down maybe.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Labour MP : ''20,000 is not enough, 30,000 is not enough. We must keep going until we reach saturation point because what does it matter if we have to wait another week for a hospital visit?''.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPl_D4bbqsE

And that's why women struggle to get the top jobs. Silly women like this one who plays to gallery before a raptuous audience. She utters stuff that gets a raptuous whopping applause, and she feels encouarged and galvanised to continue to allow the foolish words to spill out from her mouth, because the applause deceives her into thinking that whatever it is that her brain has reasoned, it somehow makes sense to her and sounds rational, and doesn't appear to her in any way whatsoever that what she is actually experiencing a ginormous brain fart.

Good grief, where's the rolleye when you need one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour MP : ''20,000 is not enough, 30,000 is not enough. We must keep going until we reach saturation point because what does it matter if we have to wait another week for a hospital visit?''.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPl_D4bbqsE

The tragedy is that the same dimwits that voted this utter fool into office will do the same again, despite her just openly stating that she would happily undermine their well-being in order to accommodate other people.

She's just openly stated that she doesn't care if her constituents have to be taxed more, wait longer for healthcare, be taught in overcrowded classrooms and live in an overcrowded city. And yet the people listening were cheering?

I'll be watching with interest at the next election to see if the fools in York Central go ahead and vote again for somebody who clearly does not have their best interests at heart.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    *slow clap*

I take it you're so not impressed:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyresa wrote: »
    Post of the thread so far :D
    lol...
    Namira wrote: »
    I think she needs a lie down maybe.

Sorry to disappoint so many people.

http://www.france24.com/en/20120706-police-lose-automatic-power-detain-illegal-immigrants-france-court
    France’s highest court has ruled that the country’s police can no longer arrest and detain illegal immigrants unless they are suspected of having committed a criminal offence.

Illegal immigrants in France can no longer be held in police custody simply for not having residency papers, the country’s highest court ruled on Thursday.

Until now, police could detain “sans-papiers” [“without papers”, the French term for illegal aliens] even if they had not committed a crime.

Under French law, police detention only applies to people suspected of having committed an offence punishable with a prison term.

Police detention is limited to 24 hours, although it can be extended to 48 if further inquiries have to be made. Being an illegal alien, under French law, is not a criminal offence.

Which is what I said.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soon after a couple of guys in white suits took her back to the funny farm.

I would love to know her constituents views on this.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Soyokaze wrote: »
    Wow, yet more crystal ball gazing from the fear-mongers. Besides, does the chance that there may be be a few bad apples among the thousands of refugees mean that we shouldn't do the right and humane thing and help some of these people?

And IS fighters don't have to go to all the trouble of walking for hundreds of miles and board rickety boats to get here. They can just buy a plane ticked. IS has plenty of cash.

I think IS has more sense than to buy a ticket and fly in, it's not like they'll be just waved through immigration/passport control nor any checks on passenger lists by the security services.

Still if you think that's the way then more fool you and any others who fall for it, I'll go with them sneaking in with the crowds trekking overland - no documents required and no checks on entry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They will still detain you for 16 hours, it is still a crime to enter France without papers, you will be arrested and forcibly deported if you are caught at the border. Sorry to disappoint you.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    My, that sounds familiar... shame it is months later than it should have been.
    I thought of you as soon as I read it. Have you been performing Jedi mind tricks? :D
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I would love to know her constituents views on this.

Too embarrassed to say anything I guess.
  • HP.80 VictorHP.80 Victor Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, in Germany the Police are attacked by innocent little refugees waving IS waving flags.

MnXPIW5.jpg

On a lighter not though - Harry Potter and the Prisoners of Afghanistan.
    Forum Member
    Seeing as you've taken all that trouble to prove yourself there then how about you reply to my post?

(4th request)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, in Germany the Police are attacked by innocent little refugees waving IS waving flags.

MnXPIW5.jpg

Apparently that's an old photograph taken a few years back.

Not that it makes it any less disturbing though. :o
  • HP.80 VictorHP.80 Victor Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »

A couple of months back, not years.
    Forum Member
    Malliday wrote: »

The little shouty man with the cop on the left, a baton would fit nicely in his open mouth.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    The dominoes are falling

Europe shuts up shop: Hungary blocks main crossing point from Serbia used by migrants as Austria, Slovakia and Netherlands ALL follow Germany's lead to impose border controls
    Hungary has blocked the main crossing point from Serbia used by migrants as Austria, Slovakia and the Netherlands all followed Germany's lead to impose border controls this afternoon.

Police were seen closing off a gap in the razor-wire barrier along the Hungary-Serbia border as other officers former a human shield to block off the railway tracks.

The move comes after it emerged that Hungary was bracing itself for a massive surge of up to 30,000 migrants in just one day as Serbia attempts a huge 'push through' before its neighbour introduces tough new border rules.

A record 5,809 migrants entered Hungary in a new surge on Sunday, smashing the previous day's record of 4,330, Hungarian police have revealed.

The sharp increase came ahead of laws coming into force tomorrow under which people entering the EU country illegally can be jailed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3233641/Hungary-braces-massive-surge-30-000-migrants-just-one-day-Serbia-attempts-huge-push-neighbour-introduces-tough-new-laws-jailing-illegal-immigrants.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    The dominoes are falling

Europe shuts up shop: Hungary blocks main crossing point from Serbia used by migrants as Austria, Slovakia and Netherlands ALL follow Germany's lead to impose border controls ]

Gee... i didn't see that coming.
This discussion has been closed.