Options

N-Dubz - best thing since sliced bread?

Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seem to remember a while back they claimed they would be number 1 if not for the reality tv acts. I think they have just released a single but no mention in the mid weeks. I quite liked them until I heard them interviewed and some comments they are supposed to have made. Are they losing their appeal?

Comments

• Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Hardly? I need you and Playing with fire were both successful. Second album went platinum. Third single isn't hotting up the charts but it aint that great but it has given them another top 40 hit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I hate them so much. Worst 'band' ever
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they are as talentless as people say they are. Much of the hate for them is about what they are like - Dappy in particular, and I don't blame people for that.

They write and produce all their own songs, and their music is designed to reflect young people's lives in Britain. I know some of their lyrics are dodgy to say the least, but if you listen to what they are saying, it's about common personal situations young people get themselves into, and they are good at making songs about that.

The problem with N-Dubz is that they don't exactly set a good example to the people their music is aimed at.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe cos their songs sound samey? Half of me wants them to do well in America (so they don't have to come back) and the other half isn't that bothered. Either way I think they have overated themselves. 2 top 20s, the rest top 40s isn't massively impressive. Good thing they aren't a reality tv act or they would have been dropped.
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dappy and his death threat put me off them forever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Strong Again's lyrics is interesting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are very talented and have stayed true to their roots. I love their music, Plus they are always there for their fans and are happy to pose for photo's and sign autographs, because they know that it's the fans who put them where they are, and are grateful and never forget it, unlike alot of people who become famous and then have no time for their fans.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Raditude wrote: »
    I hate them so much. Worst 'band' ever

I saw them on TV this morning, luckily I still had the remote in my hand so I just switched channels within seconds. :D
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice wind up.
    N-Dubz are sh!te.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    Strong Again's lyrics is interesting.

One Day I Had to Punch up This One Yute for Tryin Make a Fool of Me
    In My Hood theres Only So Many Opportunities
    Look, I Carry a Tool for My Pride and My Jewelry
    Now I Find Myself Stuck Serving the Community

:yawn:
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cazmac wrote: »
    I think they are very talented and have stayed true to their roots. I love their music, Plus they are always there for their fans and are happy to pose for photo's and sign autographs, because they know that it's the fans who put them where they are, and are grateful and never forget it, unlike alot of people who become famous and then have no time for their fans.

Hmmmm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    One Day I Had to Punch up This One Yute for Tryin Make a Fool of Me
    In My Hood theres Only So Many Opportunities
    Look, I Carry a Tool for My Pride and My Jewelry
    Now I Find Myself Stuck Serving the Community

:yawn:

no, you missed this bit
    See the thing about life is that it's, it's just too short
    Leave the past behind, and only then you'll find
    There's more to life than you first thought
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well i knew they had been paint balling yesterday, but not about the other bit. I'm reserving any judgment until i know if it's definately true or not, because i always take everything i read in such rags with a large pinch of salt. I'm off to twitter to talk to fellow fans to see what i can find out.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i knew they had been paint balling yesterday, but not about the other bit. I'm reserving any judgment until i know if it's definately true or not, because i always take everything i read in such rags with a large pinch of salt. I'm off to twitter to talk to fellow fans to see what i can find out.

The story appeared in a few publications - Daily Mail, NME, etc., but that's what I like about you cazmac. You're balanced :)
  • Options
    muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of their stuff is crap but I think they're far from the worst act polluting the charts.

In fact, I really like Strong Again - I think it's a great song (slightly dodgy lyrics but they make me laugh)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The story appeared in a few publications - Daily Mail, NME, etc., but that's what I like about you cazmac. You're balanced :)

Obviously being sarcastic there misslibertine, and i thought all this time you really did like me, but hey ho. :D:(
    Seems there was an incident with a paintball and some crew members, though no complaints were made at the time.
  • Options
    PeteJBPeteJB Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I despise them with a passion
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Dappy would slice bread, miss, and cut his throat instead.
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes they are charming people:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/jan/15/ndubz-dappy-death-threats
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the woman get offered tickets after that? I think I remember hearing that.
  • Options
    ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo09 wrote: »
    Did the woman get offered tickets after that? I think I remember hearing that.

Yes, that's right.

So what is the logic behind that? She makes it very plain she doesn't like the group, so they then offer her tickets to see them perform.

Like she'd even want to bother?
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo09 wrote: »
    Seem to remember a while back they claimed they would be number 1 if not for the reality tv acts. I think they have just released a single but no mention in the mid weeks. I quite liked them until I heard them interviewed and some comments they are supposed to have made. Are they losing their appeal?

What do they mean by that?
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do they mean by that?

I remember it too - it was when I Need You got to no.5, and the 4 songs above it had all been performed on X Factor
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do they get so much media exposure and treated as though they are big stars when they've only ever had one top ten hit?

I'm not necessarily saying that they don't deserve it, but why them over other acts, and why don't so many talented acts who don't get such exposure also get the same treatment?