Samsung SMT - S7800 Freesat PVR 1080P

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Can you explain, does this mean you push the button and then enter a timecode. Or for example that you push the forward button 6 times to jump forward 6 minutes ? :confused:

You have a dedicated window which shows when you are watching recorded or timeshifted programme and press pause/play/rew/ff/left/right. With playback progress and a slider indicating jump position. Left/right navigate to the desired jump position. After the short timeout jump is performed, so you can easy jump to any position of recorded/buffered programme. Maybe ztoppe will make some pictures.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I read with interest the various reviews and that you can add Non Freesat channels to EPG - does this mean you can say add Sky News to EPG and watch from the display or do you need to specifically switch to Non freesat mode. Also if watching Non freesat does this effect Freesat recording capability like Humax ? I like the sound of this box and if this is possible the end of Sky is nigh !! :)
    Forum Member
    One cannot add non-freesat channels to freesat EPG. In freesat mode epg works with freesat-scanned services, in non-freesat with non-freesat scanned ones. I just wrote, that both timers (freesat and non-freesat) were recorded, but there is no "mixed" mode. I couldn't access the non-freesat service in freesat mode, but the booked programme was recorded. Both modes support epg and both modes support recordings.
    That's all.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amarok wrote: »
    One cannot add non-freesat channels to freesat EPG. In freesat mode epg works with freesat-scanned services, in non-freesat with non-freesat scanned ones. I just wrote, that both timers (freesat and non-freesat) were recorded, but there is no "mixed" mode. I couldn't access the non-freesat service in freesat mode, but the booked programme was recorded. Both modes support epg and both modes support recordings.
    That's all.

Did the recordings overlap ie were you recording freesat and non freesat at the same time ?
    Forum Member
    >Did the recordings overlap ie were you recording freesat and non freesat at the same time ?
    I think yes, but I will check this once again at home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that, the only channel her that must be obeyed says we Must have is Sky News so if there is an easy way of switching from Non Freesat to freesat and back then that sounds ideal. I see on the flikr pics that there is a protect icon for recordings , is that like pin protection of recordings to stop little fingers deleting my programmes ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flyboy13 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, the only channel her that must be obeyed says we Must have is Sky News so if there is an easy way of switching from Non Freesat to freesat and back then that sounds ideal. I see on the flikr pics that there is a protect icon for recordings , is that like pin protection of recordings to stop little fingers deleting my programmes ?

That's a standard Freesat arrangement afaik.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    andy83 wrote: »
    Nobody has actually confirmed that you can copy programmes to a USB device. In fact, quite the opposite on another forum.

I'd like to know if it can stream the content of it's hard drive via DLNA - now that would be clever, but I doubt it somehow.

If Samsung would just put the sodding manual on their website it would save a lot of bother!

I have tried to copy a recording to USB but it doesn't seem possible :mad:

John.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j77nor wrote: »
    I have tried to copy a recording to USB but it doesn't seem possible :mad:

John.

I don't have the box but if it's like the hdr did you open the USB drive to it's root or a sub folder before attempting the transfer (without an online manual working in the dark :confused:)
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flyboy13 wrote: »

I think your she that must be abeyed is defective - suffering from Rupert Murdoch syndrome, consider replacing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    I don't have the box but if it's like the hdr did you open the USB drive to it's root or a sub folder before attempting the transfer (without an online manual working in the dark :confused:)

The box I have doesnt have a manual, I have requested one via the office, when I get it I'll let you know.
  • ClemClem Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the manual available on the Samsung website yet? I had a look the other day and I couldn't even find details of the receiver! The Samsung website always seems hard work to me.

Sigh.

Clem
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member

I go into the recording and select it. I can then select Tools. In the tools menu the options are Delete, Move, New Folder, Lock, Protect, Sort, Select All; Deselect All.

When I select Move (thinking move to usb?) the only folders available to select are on the Samsung box which contain other recordings. There is an option for Drives, this come up with 'browsing please wait' then returns back to the TV folder options as above - no sign of the usb.

The usb is recognised for playback and has displayed photos.

:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Yep it does seem you can move media on and off the box but recordings are kept separate and can't be moved.

It happily plays (some) avi files off USB, hard drive or media servers. Just need to work out which codecs as some avis don't work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Hi all

Sorry but been away all day on a course and did not get back till late.

I think this link pic will help with speed

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ztoppe/5577227293/

just been put up
    Forum Member
    Just put up an other scan from the User Guide
    about Favourite Channels and Bookmarks

Well I am going to get my tea now as it has been a long day for me out at 7am and not getting back till 8pm.

I will add more to the Flickr over the next few days.:)

Can't test anything out as people here want to watch some programs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15secs and 60seconds are the values I have set on my HDR skip controls so no change there.

I also note it also has x8 ff/rw which of course Humax does not.

My Samsung is in transit with DHL and is at "Hams Hall" depot.

Automan.
  • Z3manZ3man Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    any chance of a picture of the info bar when changing channel, i don't suppose it can show now and next programmes at the same time like sky and virgin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Automan wrote: »
    I wonder which other country would want or be licensed to sell a Freesat+ box :)

Automan.

A hint - its very green. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    This is looking quite promising. I hope Humax take note, and realise that if you don't introduce the features people want, other manufacturers will. I wonder what Samsung ongoing support is like?
    Hopefully, they'll have sorted most of the bugs out in advance.

Imagine, Live Pause working properly. I can feel a new purchase coming on.
  • scopusscopus Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    hillel wrote: »
    Hopefully, they'll have sorted most of the bugs out in advance.

Imagine, Live Pause working properly. I can feel a new purchase coming on.

Does live pause work OK then??
    I can see the plastic coming out of my wallet too.
    I think it will be the last time I ever buy a Humax product!
    Forum Member
    scopus wrote: »
    Does live pause work OK then??

Yes the live pause works the same as my Sky+HD box which I have had for 2 years and ending on the 7th April.:)

I also found the TV Guide on the Samsung Freesat is a lot quicker once you get use to it, from using the sky guide.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ztoppe/5571099962/in/photostream/

You can also set the Guide Time line from
    60 minutes (as seen in photo) to
    120 minutes or
    240 minutes.
    I have now set my to 120minutes which is fine for me.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    ztoppe - Can somebody tell me what happens if you switch it off for 10 mins. Does it recover OK as far as ascheduled recordings goes?
    Forum Member
    andy83 wrote: »
    ztoppe - Can somebody tell me what happens if you switch it off for 10 mins. Does it recover OK as far as ascheduled recordings goes?

Andy I will try that later on when no one is watching their programs.

and let you know:)
  • nexstarnexstar Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    ztoppe, I see you have Panasonic equipment. Does it play nicely (or, at all :) ) with Vieralink on the TV?

Thanks again to all who have provided early feedback on the unit.