Options

O2 XDA Stellar Query

John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anybody else got one of these yet? the O2 rebranded HTC TyTn II.
I am referring here to the Stellar...not the TyTn which I know comes with TomTom.
Can anyone confirm there are no settings or any other mention of the in-built GPS receiver other than "QuickGPS" the HTC program for quick GPS Data download via GPRS or 3G in the Programs folder or for that matter anywhere else on the device?
I think...and someone can correct me if I'm wrong the in-built GPS will only come to life when navigation software is installed...of which there is none...either built-in or as bonus programs on the discs.

Comments

• Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    I am sure that is exactly the same as the TyTn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure that is exactly the same as the TyTn.

Thanks for your reply but it doesn't answer my question.
    I need an O2 Stellar owner to have a look and report back thanks.
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your reply but it doesn't answer my question.
    I need an O2 Stellar owner to have a look and report back thanks.

You are implying the TyTn comes with something yours doesn't. That isn't the case.
  • Options
    BugPowderDustBugPowderDust Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody else got one of these yet? the O2 rebranded HTC TyTn II.
    I am referring here to the Stellar...not the TyTn which I know comes with TomTom.
    Can anyone confirm there are no settings or any other mention of the in-built GPS receiver other than "QuickGPS" the HTC program for quick GPS Data download via GPRS or 3G in the Programs folder or for that matter anywhere else on the device?
    I think...and someone can correct me if I'm wrong the in-built GPS will only come to life when navigation software is installed...of which there is none...either built-in or as bonus programs on the discs.

John,

I got an O2 Stellar yesterday, and it appears that unless you activate an app that uses GPS, you can't switch it on. I think I can see why you're questioning this though.

Other than that, it's a great device, I love it already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John,

I got an O2 Stellar yesterday, and it appears that unless you activate an app that uses GPS, you can't switch it on. I think I can see why you're questioning this though.

Other than that, it's a great device, I love it already.

Yes, I eventually discovered that.
    I've got a 2gb microSD card coming and going to be loading TomTom6 on to it.
    Thanks.