Options

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tah for that, look forward to him returning,would imagine it wont be till back 9 episodes though

so it seems there are 4 of who like it lol, one more and we can create our own team lol
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    BIB I dunno how you set yours but I simply select the show in the guide an dthe published times are used to start stop recording + 3 mins either end... I don't set anything... and it worked properly this week...
    That was my point. I just point-and-click too, but mine didn't stop early.
    donna255 wrote: »
    I tried and I mean I really really really tried to like this. But now I am just bored. I don't hate it but it is boring me. The formula is so old it should be on The Great British Bake Off!!!

Pretty girl with a secret

Sexy lead

Older Boss giving sexy girl a chance.

Sexy Asian with kick ass kung fu

Two nerds.
    Name me any other show with that line-up then. Should be easy for you :)
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torchwood comes pretty close
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok, but the bus' callsign is "sheild-616" which would imply the show is set on 616 but *shrug* bovvered? :D

I think that was just a nod to comic book geeks who look through every single episode for references to to the wider Marvel universe
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching the latest episode. I really can't understand the nay-sayers at this point. I thought it was brilliant stuff from the opening scene to the end. It's really finding its groove :)
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I think that was just a nod to comic book geeks who look through every single episode for references to to the wider Marvel universe

That's how I understood it, they were just throwing out a line which would be appreciated by the comic book "nerds".
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    tah for that, look forward to him returning,would imagine it wont be till back 9 episodes though

so it seems there are 4 of who like it lol, one more and we can create our own team lol

I like it.

Ratings on Channel 4 are not looking good down to 1.28 million viewers. Hopefully this is just because the World Cup qualifiers and hopefully it will improve next week ratings wise.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a523134/agents-of-shield-drops-650k-world-cup-qualifier-tops-ratings.html
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    From the pilot I do think they have the feel of the Marvel films and good production values; I do wonder what people are watching when saying it looks poor.

The same thought crosses my mind when people say it is good.
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    The same thought crosses my mind when people say it is good.

In regard to storytelling it's subjective whether it's good or not but in terms of production values I think it should be objective; if you think it's bad in the latter to which programmes are you comparing it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    That's how I understood it, they were just throwing out a line which would be appreciated by the comic book "nerds".

Fair enough then :)
    Ummmm.... I'm not a comic book geek/nerd
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    infact as i watched i thought to myself, hummm jed and marissa really have whedon touch for themselves, the show seems to be in safe hands.

i remember saying i hoped the show wasn't too villain of the week but 3 episodes in and i feel it will work well whichever path they choose to go down.

I agree but since I'm re-watching Firefly with the other half, who's not watched it before, I can see Agents isn't quite up to he same standard so far. Of course it's also difficult with the leads being Mal vs Coulson.

I like the variety so far :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Production values are great and they have captured the 'feel' of the cinematic universe.

It's just...meh....for some reason. I'm not really sure why, but it just doesn't grab me. Granted it's early days and will likely find it's stride in time, so I'll be sticking with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Some of the CGI (the floating truck) has been a bit jarring. But the production values are fairly high, and the complaint about the bus set not being big enough, is a non-starter really...
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying it so far.
    Of course it might be because I didn't come into it thinking movies or expecting the most brilliant show ever. It is what it is; entertaibing, fun, enjoyable, homage to marvel and action orientated with good characters.

It's not meant to be Shakespeare
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    I agree but since I'm re-watching Firefly with the other half, who's not watched it before, I can see Agents isn't quite up to he same standard so far. Of course it's also difficult with the leads being Mal vs Coulson.

I like the variety so far :)

mal takes some beating but i think coulson has what it takes

i agree its not but buffy/angel/firefly level but its better than dollhouse was after 3 episodes.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The action is quite amateurish.
    The fight at the mansion reminded me of a crappy 80s action movie :D

As for the episode as a whole it went by quite quickly which is a good point as it means for me that it didn't drag and I wasn't clock watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ian Hart again. He's in a lot of shows this week.
    He reminded me of John Simm in this.
    Strange that he didn't put an accent on in Bate's Motel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could someone please ask Channel 4 to show this in its actual time slot instead of shifted by about 5 minutes... My PVR chopped the last 4 minutes of the episode off!

Just start the bloody prog at 8 pm like you bloody advertise.

Channel 4 always seem to run over their schedules.

I recorded it on C4HD and even though it didn't miss any of the show it started early and Sex Box came on. WTF is going on. It was on for a couple of minutes and I realised that it must be because they can't show regional adverts on HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Strange that he didn't put an accent on in Bate's Motel.

His character in that is actually British
  • Options
    Forum Member
    His character in that is actually British
    I wasn't aware of that. Where did you get that info (apart from just the accent?)
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware of that. Where did you get that info (apart from just the accent?)

He said so. :p (His daughter explained where she and her dad are from in episode 3) His daughter in Bates Motel is also British but moved to America when she was younger. Although the actress is also British. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll have to start watching it earlier instead of at 2am as I seem to be forgetting things.

Good to see these Brits getting good jobs. Although another Brit as a villain :D (depending on how you look at it - and this time playing a Canadian)
    Two main characters and another in Bate's Motel and a few in SHIELD - although I do find the main ones annoying and stereotyped in SHIELD - Not really lovin naive overexcited posh girl.

It was good to hear Hart with his North West accent in Bate's Motel. Not sure of the quality of his generic Canadian/North American accent in this but I guess it was ok.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to start watching it earlier instead of at 2am as I seem to be forgetting things.

Good to see these Brits getting good jobs. Although another Brit as a villain :D (depending on how you look at it - and this time playing a Canadian)
    Two main characters and another in Bate's Motel and a few in SHIELD - although I do find the main ones annoying and stereotyped in SHIELD - Not really lovin naive overexcited posh girl.

It was good to hear Hart with his North West accent in Bate's Motel. Not sure of the quality of his generic Canadian/North American accent in this but I guess it was ok.

It's a mish mash of East and West accents. Something a lot of British actors are guilty of doing. I reckon the 2 Brit actors will be dropped from SHIELD. They are beyond annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He said so. :p (His daughter explained where she and her dad are from in episode 3) His daughter in Bates Motel is also British but moved to America when she was younger. Although the actress is also British. :confused:

I didn't realise she (the actress) was a Brit as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if Elizabeth Henstridge who plays Simmons was allowed to use her native accent (she's from Sheffield)