Options

Some Sheffield United "Fans" Cheer" About Ched Evans, Saying "He's Coming Home"!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swaydog wrote: »
    I cant think of any other reason she would use that hashtag as a joke, so yes it does suggest it along with given history of precedent.
    How would you know if she's claimed or not.

1) What precedent is that?
    2) If she had claimed for compensation it would be all over the media by now. Evans' team would have made sure of it, and please don't try and pretend otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And each explain explanation has had its flaws exposed.

But not as convincingly as Evans' explanation eh? Found guilty, remember?
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What context were these messages in?

There's a page about it, including copies of the tweets, on the Ched Evans website...

http://www.chedevans.com/the-disputed-tweets

The tweets were 5 months after the night in question and 5 months before the court-case, and they make no mention of the case.

As for the #scaredformylife hashtag, having read the tweet it's pretty obvious that it refers to the girl she joked about never telling when she wins big.

The tweets are sufficiently ambiguous and lacking in detail that they bear no real relevance to the case IMO.
  • Options
    swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    1) What precedent is that?
    2) If she had claimed for compensation it would be all over the media by now. Evans' team would have made sure of it, and please don't try and pretend otherwise.

Given her anonymity I really cannot show the link as it names her, but here's the relevant bit.
    ". It's been further stated that she had 'tried this before' - made more than one previous accusation of rape against rugby players or other professional sportsmen, allegations which were not sustained."

It won't be over the media as she has anonymity.
    She could have been compensated by the CICB.
    Or
    Even if she hasn't claimed does mean she was hoping that she might be able to, but after the shitestorm she created changed her mind or though shed wait.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Of course it matters if he wasn't invited in by her. She went with McDonald and we don't really know what actually happened in there.

No, we don't, so for all intents and purposes she may well have said when Evans appeared "Two footballers?!!! Happy days! Come on big boy, lick me out"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But not as convincingly as Evans' explanation eh? Found guilty, remember?

FFS when debating whether there's a miscarriage of justice, stating he was found guilty doesn't add to the debate. It's already a given, hence the miscarriage of justice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given her anonymity I really cannot show the link as it names her, but here's the relevant bit.
    ". It's been further stated that she had 'tried this before' - made more than one previous accusation of rape against rugby players or other professional sportsmen, allegations which were not sustained."

Or
    Even if she hasn't claimed does mean she was hoping that she might be able to, but after the shitestorm she created changed her mind or though shed wait.

If she has made false allegations in the past then that is despicable, although saying that the allegations were not sustained in not the same as saying that she made it all up.

Also, she never made an accusation of rape against Evans or McDonald so her previous allegations would have had no bearing on the case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    There's a page about it, including copies of the tweets, on the Ched Evans website...

http://www.chedevans.com/the-disputed-tweets

The tweets were 5 months after the night in question and 5 months before the court-case, and they make no mention of the case.

As for the #scaredformylife hashtag, having read the tweet it's pretty obvious that it refers to the girl she joked about never telling when she wins big.

The tweets are sufficiently ambiguous and lacking in detail that they bear no real relevance to the case IMO.

Right so it's more likely that a women with a history of false claims against sports starts, who after learning two of them were charged with raping her wasn't talking about a big win of any compensation, but in fact had a premonition of winning the lottery.
    There were several tweets about her spending the money, so it must of been a pretty strong premonition .

Get real people
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member

Or

CICB compensation for rape is 7 and a half grand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shmisk wrote: »
    CICB compensation for rape is 7 and a half grand.

So , im just responding to the person who claimed she hasn't claim for compo.
    They don't know that at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So a completely unsubstantiated allegation then, which can't even be sure of the professions of those she 'accused'.

Her compensation for the tweets naming her are a matter of public record, right down to the amount she received. All done while preserving her anonymity. There is absolutely no chance she has received compo from Evans or anyone else without that fact being put forward by his team(without naming her) as motivation. None.
    Or

So what has she been doing in the 2 1/2 years since he was convicted? He was found guilty, and refused leave to appeal. Pretty good time to whack the compo claim in I would say...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right so it's more likely that a women with a history of false claims against sports starts, who after learning two of them were charged with raping her wasn't talking about a big win of any compensation, but in fact had a premonition of winning the lottery.
    There were several tweets about her spending the money, so it must of been a pretty strong premonition .

Get real people

A completely unsubstantiated allegation of false claims, is what you mean.

And it didn't need to be a premonition. You've never had a speculative conversation about what you'd do with a lottery win? There's a thread on this very forum about it every couple of months or so.

Your unswerving devotion to Evans is very touching though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So a completely unsubstantiated allegation then, which can't even be sure of the professions of those she 'accused'.

Her compensation for the tweets naming her are a matter of public record, right down to the amount she received. All done while preserving her anonymity. There is absolutely no chance she has received compo from Evans or anyone else without that fact being put forward by his team(without naming her) as motivation. None.

So what has she been doing in the 2 1/2 years since he was convicted? He was found guilty, and refused leave to appeal. Pretty good time to whack the compo claim in I would say...

Maybe wait until it'snot all over the media or as I've already said, changed her mind.

What do you make of the tweets then?
    Don't give me all that bollox of hoping to win the lottery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get real people

I don't know what the tweets were about and I'm not attempting to guess what they were about, they may very well have been about her getting compensation.

I was simply pointing out that they were very ambiguous and had no direct ties to the case, hence why they can't really be used as evidence in court.

They're also irrelevant as the woman never made a complaint of rape against Evans or McDonald. She was concerned about her handbag, it was the police who told her that what happened that night was rape.

This case was not a he said / she said type of case, therefore her credibility was not in question meaning that the tweets and the previous allegations had no direct bearing on the case.

The credibility of Evans and McDonald as witnesses who could remember the night was in question, the credibility of the experts testifying about the effects of alcohol on the memory was in question.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A completely unsubstantiated allegation of false claims, is what you mean.

And it didn't need to be a premonition. You've never had a speculative conversation about what you'd do with a lottery win? There's a thread on this very forum about it every couple of months or so.

Your unswerving devotion to Evans is very touching though.

Don't be so Fing ridiculous.
    Read the tweets again.
    " remind me never to tell @ ******, when I win big, she's going to kill me"

Not" she would kill me"
    That's the words of someone with an expectation of getting some money, not just dreaming of it.

And they're weeks apart
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah this.

The amount of compensation she received for being named is written right there on Ched Evan's website... If she had had compensation from Evans then his team would have put that on the same page of the website by now.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ". It's been further stated that she had 'tried this before' - made more than one previous accusation of rape against rugby players or other professional sportsmen, allegations which were not 5ait.

Stated by whom?
    Police? The CPS? Evan's defence lawyer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know what the tweets were about and I'm not attempting to guess what they were about, they may very well have been about her getting compensation.

I was simply pointing out that they were very ambiguous and had no direct ties to the case, hence why they can't really be used as evidence in court.

They're also irrelevant as the woman never made a complaint of rape against Evans or McDonald. She was concerned about her handbag, it was the police who told her that what happened that night was rape.

This case was not a he said / she said type of case, therefore her credibility was not in question meaning that the tweets and the previous allegations had no direct bearing on the case.

The credibility of Evans and McDonald as witnesses who could remember the night was in question, the credibility of the experts testifying about the effects of alcohol on the memory was in question.

Someone asked if the tweets were about the case. I'm saying most probably.
    Other are saying otherwise
    I'm not arguing it points to the blokes guilt or innocence.
    A bit of a side issue
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be so Fing ridiculous.
    Read the tweets again.
    " remind me never to tell @ ******, when I win big, she's going to kill me"

Not" she would kill me"
    That's the words of someone with an expectation of getting some money, not just dreaming of it.

And they're weeks apart

Even if she was expecting compensation from the case then what difference does it make?

This is a woman who woke up with no memory of the night before, she went to the police because of a missing handbag, the police did some investigating and decided that she had been raped...

Her lack of memory of the night in question would mean that at the time of the tweets she probably wasn't traumatised, she may even have been happy that she had "lucked-into" a future compensation claim without even having to make an allegation against anyone this time.

And she stupidly tweeted about it. Her tweeting about it though doesn't change whether or not she had the capacity to consent on the night in question.

Now, a few years later after being named, having to move her whole life and having to change her identity she's probably now wanting to just forget all about the incident and get on with her new life. Hence why it seems she hasn't received compensation.

Edit - Just read the post above this one, I think I'm probably agreeing with you regarding the tweets Swaydog. The question in my post isn't directed at you personally, it's a question for the other posters who have on various threads tried to use the tweets as evidence of Ched Evans innocence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    academia wrote: »
    Stated by whom?
    Police? The CPS? Evan's defence lawyer?

From what I can remember it was people who know her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Even if she was expecting compensation from the case then what difference does it make?

This is a woman who woke up with no memory of the night before, she went to the police because of a missing handbag, the police did some investigating and decided that she had been raped...

Her lack of memory of the night in question would mean that at the time of the tweets she probably wasn't traumatised, she may even have been happy that she had "lucked-into" a future compensation claim without even having to make an allegation against anyone this time.

And she stupidly tweeted about it. Her tweeting about it though doesn't change whether or not she had the capacity to consent on the night in question.

Now, a few years later after being named, having to move her whole life and having to change her identity she's probably now wanting to just forget all about the incident and get on with her new life. Hence why it seems she hasn't received compensation.

See post above
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See post above

See my edit :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    See my edit :)

Ok ,fair enough
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe wait until it'snot all over the media or as I've already said, changed her mind.

What do you make of the tweets then?
    Don't give me all that bollox of hoping to win the lottery.

Oh dear.

It's only got back into the media in the last few weeks. Before that Evans was just another footballer in nick. She may possibly be waiting for Evans' supporters to stop plastering her name all over social media and threatening her with violence to such an extent that she's had to change her identity at least twice - sadly, I fear she'll be waiting for a while on that one.

The discussion of winning the lottery is a common one, as I've already explained. If you simply refuse to believe that, that's your problem. It's no more 'bollox' than a rape victim apparently choosing to advertise her intention to sue her rapist on the biggest social network in the world, before the trial even took place...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh dear.

It's only got back into the media in the last few weeks. Before that Evans was just another footballer in nick. She may possibly be waiting for Evans' supporters to stop plastering her name all over social media and threatening her with violence to such an extent that she's had to change her identity at least twice - sadly, I fear she'll be waiting for a while on that one.

The discussion of winning the lottery is a common one, as I've already explained. If you simply refuse to believe that, that's your problem. It's no more 'bollox' than a rape victim apparently choosing to advertise her intention to sue her rapist on the biggest social network in the world, before the trial even took place...

Then how do you explain
    "Remind me never to tell *****, when I win big, she's going to kill me"