The Rihanna Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off to London early in the morning for Wireless - cannot wait! :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Now that 'WHYB' has peaked everywhere but the US, will she release another single off of 'TTT' or focus on album #7?

I predict at least one more single for late August
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omfg. Rihanna <3
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to a girl on Thelma's Gypsy Girls, if you play Umbrella backwards you can hear Rihanna talking to the devil. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benana93 wrote: »
    Omfg. Rihanna <3

How was she?!?!?!
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She performed You Da One finally!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bilo4-Pf7Y4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How was she?!?!?!

She was really really really good. Vocally very sound, performance-wise on point too, had the crowd eating out of her hand and seemed genuinely happy and touched by the response of the crowd too. We Found Love was absolutely incredible live, nice touch with the fireworks too - so overall very good :)

And yeah she performed You Da One, probably one of my least favourite Rihanna songs but she said it was only the 2nd time she's performed it live so I'm happy with that :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Now that 'WHYB' has peaked everywhere but the US, will she release another single off of 'TTT' or focus on album #7?

Watch n' Learn please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want We All Want Love as a single.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benana93 wrote: »
    She was really really really good. Vocally very sound, performance-wise on point too, had the crowd eating out of her hand and seemed genuinely happy and touched by the response of the crowd too. We Found Love was absolutely incredible live, nice touch with the fireworks too - so overall very good :)

And yeah she performed You Da One, probably one of my least favourite Rihanna songs but she said it was only the 2nd time she's performed it live so I'm happy with that :)

I need to go to the next tour!!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they can have another 2 singles from the album; Cockiness/Watch n Learn and then Drunk On Love as the winter single. :) But it looks like she'll be releasing another album this year probably so it's best to leave TTT and then release a new song in Sep/Oct so at least there's some sort of break between the two albums. Not like the Cheers/WFL situation!

Glad you had a good time at wireless benana93. :D
  • wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    What happened to the TTT video? There was pictures of her shooting a video for it but it never surfaced:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to the TTT video? There was pictures of her shooting a video for it but it never surfaced:confused:

They were not pics for that video. People assumed it was. It was a promotional thing she did for something. I can't remember
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only noticed this thread existed today
    soo like to express my love for rihanna, she is a one of my favourite singers, love all her songs and she bloody gorgeous
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she'll release another single from TTT but which should it be if she did?

Cockiness
    Birthday Cake (with Chris Brown)
    We All Want Love
    Drunk On Love
    Watch n Learn
    Roc Me Out
    Farewell
    Red Lipstick
    Do Ya Thang
    Fool In Love

Process of elimination...

I reckon Drunk On Love would be the best bet. Although I can't see her having another big hit from any of those. Maybe Birthday Cake if she did a video?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch N Learn would be a summer smash with a really good carribean video personally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch N Learn would be a summer smash with a really good carribean video personally.

I agree, it sounded good at Wireless. First time I'd properly heard it as well, would be a good way to round off the album campaign until the tour next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    If she releases another single, which is unlikely, I would suggest one of the few remaining pop songs of the album. The reason why 'TTT' sold considerably less than 'Loud' is because 'Loud' spawned 4 pop smashes ('OG', 'WMN', 'SM' and 'Cheers), while most of the singles off of 'TTT' are urban. I think 'Watch n' Learn' is the strongest contender and if she opts for a ballad, 'We All Want Love' is the only one she should consider.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I came across TTT's sales. It's sold 3.3 million copies. Not bad really. That's more than her debut album. and nearly on par with Rated R and A girl like me's sales. When you think about it, We found love has pretty much sold that album alone. Rather impressive. It's done better than a lot of female artists albums
    Forum Member
    3,3 million copies is major! I thought it was around 2,5 million, which would be a lukewarm performance, but 3,3 is massive. 'Rated R' had twice as much promotion and it was released when people were still willing to buy albums, which makes 'TTT's sales even more impressive!

Still, I think it would have no trouble reaching 4,5 million if 'WHYB' was the 3rd single with a release date in February. It would have been much more effective then.

Anyway, I hope the next album campaign is better organized :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the album campaign has been a bit over the place because i feel Rihanna has mentally not been able to want to promo it. The Loud Era really exahusted her and while she was touring, she was recording this album as well. Rihanna overlaps era's and it isn't good for her well being. However she has been doing festival appearances as a make up for not touring this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member

https://instagr.am/p/NAkYAcq8da/media/?size=l
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovebug can you translate what that tweet means. I don't get her lingo half the time
    Forum Member
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    So, the video shoot was cancelled just because Baby Blue was born? Couldn't they shoot the video without Jay Z? Or scrap the single and release a track that they would actually be able to promote? :confused:

Anyway, the era was a mess, but I hope the next one is more well planned. She's been working with so many producers, so I think she has a great album in store :)
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What would everyone prefer, Rihanna to release album 7 asap, so we get new music sooner, or for her to take a break and release one in a while?

I'm gonna be selfish and say I NEED MORE RIHANNA NOOOOOW HURRY UP RIRI