The Rihanna Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,395
Administrator
It charted as a promo single.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1171927

Comments

• BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
      Forum Member
      Part 2 woo! Feels very overdue
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
      Forum Member
      Finally! :)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Woo! Part 2.

Yeah, I find it odd how We Found Love and Umbrella aren't mentioned. They were probably rehearsed later or might be bigger productions or something.

Love that Wait Your Turn is being performed, one of my faves from Rated R.
    • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Thought she did OK at Hackney, not the best I've seen her but certainly a worthy headliner. She's just got an incredible amount of hits.

And her voice sounded amazing in LTWYL.
    • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
      Forum Member
      scratchy23 wrote: »
      Thought she did OK at Hackney, not the best I've seen her but certainly a worthy headliner. She's just got an incredible amount of hits.

And her voice sounded amazing in LTWYL.

I agree, she had very good energy but it wasn't as much of a "performance" as I wished
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,233
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I honestly don't know what else people were expecting? She had lots of energy, sang well (for the majority of it!) and had the crowd loving every second. I thought she did an amazing job. The second half of the set was definitely better than the first though.
    • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      She had no energy i thought she looked tired and like she could just not be arsed i have seen her perform so much better than that girl needs a break it would seem at times i felt concern for her she just seemed so bored and tired.
    • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
      Forum Member
      Here is the full set complete with montage intro.

BBC iPlayer
      Forum Member
      Thanks for the link mimicole :)

Can't wait to watch the full show. I've only watched 4 performances, the ones ThatGrapeJuice posted and I think she did a cool job. It's true that she didn't have a lot of energy, but the staging was pretty great :)

EDIT : Apparently, the link doesn't work for me, it's only for the UK :( But I guess I'll find all the performances on YouTube later today or tomorrow :)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      O.Michel wrote: »
      Thanks for the link mimicole :)

Can't wait to watch the full show. I've only watched 4 performances, the ones ThatGrapeJuice posted and I think she did a cool job. It's true that she didn't have a lot of energy, but the staging was pretty great :)

EDIT : Apparently, the link doesn't work for me, it's only for the UK :( But I guess I'll find all the performances on YouTube later today or tomorrow :)

There's youtube links to the performances on this thread here: http://atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234367 :)

Watching it back, I agree why people think she didn't have much energy but only up until What's My Name. From then, I think she really had a lot of it and she gave it a 100%.

Thatgrapejuice really annoy me, they'll criticise her even when she puts on a good show and will only post youtube links to the worst parts of the show. :yawn:
    • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      shn321 wrote: »
      There's youtube links to the performances on this thread here: http://atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234367 :)

Watching it back, I agree why people think she didn't have much energy but only up until What's My Name. From then, I think she really had a lot of it and she gave it a 100%.

Thatgrapejuice really annoy me, they'll criticise her even when she puts on a good show and will only post youtube links to the worst parts of the show. :yawn:

I've just given up with ThatGrapeJuice I mean I still go on the site but wen it comes to rihanna I just can't its so biased i can't take them seriously! I'd love to know why he hates her so much! It's so hypocritical wen he stans for people like Ciara etc
      Forum Member
      I've stopped reading their articles and reviews, but they always post all the big news immediately (award shows, festivals, announcements, video premieres), so I still check out the blog almost on a daily basis. I just focus on the clips and quotes they post rather on their thoughts about the news :cool:

I'll watch one of the links tomorrow. Can't wait to see the rest of the set. Did she perform 'We Found Love'? The crowd must have gone CRAZY! :D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Mrfenty wrote:
      I've just given up with ThatGrapeJuice I mean I still go on the site but wen it comes to rihanna I just can't its so biased i can't take them seriously! I'd love to know why he hates her so much! It's so hypocritical wen he stans for people like Ciara etc

Agreed, I usually just use rap-up.com these days now.
      O.Michel wrote: »
      I'll watch one of the links tomorrow. Can't wait to see the rest of the set. Did she perform 'We Found Love'? The crowd must have gone CRAZY! :D

Yeah, We Found Love was the closing number and it was crazy!

The set highlights imo were: WFL, WHYB, LTWYL and then the songs she did with Jay Z (Run This Town, Umbrella, TTT) :)
    • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
      Forum Member
      The following is a list her videos in order of Youtube views, including tracks in which she features - which takes the total to well over 3 BILLION! (As of 27/06/2012)

01. Love The Way You Lie (Eminem feat. Rihanna) - 470,840,059 views
      02. What's My Name (feat. Drake) - 253,430,615 views
      03. Only Girl (In The World) - 230,207,170 views
      04. Rude Boy - 203,334,021 views
      05. We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) - 184,813,723 views
      06. Don't Stop The Music - 167,189,448 views
      07. Man Down - 161,307,831 views
      08. California King Bed - 118,143,298 views
      09. Unfaithful - 112,811,820 views
      10. Russian Roulette - 77,554,131 views
      11. Cheers (Drink To That) - 72,014,412 views
      12. You Da One - 71,929,625 views
      13. Take A Bow - 71,121,653 views
      14. All Of The Lights (Kanye West feat. Rihanna & Kid Cudi) - 67,616,231 views
      15. Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z) - 66,509,607 views
      16. Where Have You Been - 66,277,130 views
      17. Who's That Chick (David Guetta feat. Rihanna) - 65,471,525 views ***
      18. Hate That I Love You (feat. Ne-Yo) - 63,512,268 views
      19. Run This Town (Jay-Z feat. Rihanna & Kanye West) - 63,308,526 views
      20. Hard (feat. Jeezy) - 63,014,355 views
      21. Te Amo - 60,731,040 views
      22. Disturbia - 44,499,691 views
      23. Rockstar 101 (feat. Slash) - 43,874,891 views
      24. SOS - 43,156,960 views
      25. Fly (Nicki Minaj feat. Rihanna) - 38,498,567 views
      26. S&M - 38,096,618 views
      27. Rehab (feat. Justin Timberlake) - 35,781,414 views
      28. We Ride - 34,522,907 views
      29. Shut Up And Drive - 31,358,818 views
      30. Live Your Life (T.I. feat. Rihanna) - 29,004,987 views
      31. Take Care (Drake feat. Rihanna) - 23,590,844 views
      32. If I Never See Your Face Again (Maroon 5 feat. Rihanna) - 18,921,328 views
      33. Pon de Replay - 18,484,191 views
      34. Princess Of China (Coldplay feat. Rihanna) - 18,344,668 views
      35. Wait Your Turn - 15,117,619 views
      36. If It's Lovin' That You Want - 10,856,250 views

*** 'Day' and 'Night' versions combined
    • LMLM Posts: 63,250
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Rihanna's gran died yesterday. She has posted some touching photos on Twitter.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      R.I.P to Granny Dolly, the pictures are so touching. :( Some of the comments on twitter are disgusting. But I guess that's what happens when you put something on twitter. :(
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      So, Rihanna's cancelled her Rock In Rio performance on the 5th July and its currently not been confirmed whether Wireless is getting the go ahead or not.

I'm going to be so unbelievably disappointed if she cancels, but you can't really be mad when she's in this kind of situation.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I think she needs to seriously chill out. Put Album 7 on hold. I can see a Britney meltdown coming if she doesn;t because Britney did one thing after another and barely had a break for the first 5 years of her career and she was also distressed when her Aunt died of cancer.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I think she needs to seriously chill out. Put Album 7 on hold. I can see a Britney meltdown coming if she doesn;t because Britney did one thing after another and barely had a break for the first 5 years of her career and she was also distressed when her Aunt died cancer.

Cannot agree more with this. I know her Brazilian fans must be gutted but at the same time very understanding. If the worst does come to pass and she does cancel Wireless too then there's nothing that can be done, we can't except her work-a-holic attitude to be at its a-game at such a tragic time in her life. These festival appearances are really bad for her mentally, she must be exhausted with all the rehearsals and things. What's happening with her fashion show too? She needs to put that on hold or take a few weeks out then finish it and take another break.

Starting album 7 at such a vulnerable time in her career when she's exhausted after the last two years and suffered such a personal blow it's too much, she has to stop or she will blow like Britney did in 2007. It doesn't matter how strong a person is mentally, all that exhaustion and personal misery will take it's toll sooner or later. It's at times like this where her team and fans will really be put to the test, they need to be understanding and sit her down and tell her to take a break. Poor girl, my thoughts are with her and her family. I know how it feels to lose a grandmother having lost mine last October :(
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      MCA1992 wrote: »
      Cannot agree more with this. I know her Brazilian fans must be gutted but at the same time very understanding. If the worst does come to pass and she does cancel Wireless too then there's nothing that can be done, we can't except her work-a-holic attitude to be at its a-game at such a tragic time in her life. These festival appearances are really bad for her mentally, she must be exhausted with all the rehearsals and things. What's happening with her fashion show too? She needs to put that on hold or take a few weeks out then finish it and take another break.

Spanish (this is a different one to the Rock In Rio that happens in Brazil in September), Wireless seem to be sure that she's still playing on Sunday, according to their twitter anyway.

The fashion show, I read that it was practically complete and has gone into editing, how accurate that is, I don't know. She does have quite an extensive festival break after Wireless until she does Summer Sonic in Japan.

Of course, I reckon she has a lot of things planned 'behind the scenes' but I really don't think they're planning to release album 7 at the end of this year.
    • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
      Forum Member
      RaiseItUp wrote: »
      Spanish (this is a different one to the Rock In Rio that happens in Brazil in September), Wireless seem to be sure that she's still playing on Sunday, according to their twitter anyway.

The fashion show, I read that it was practically complete and has gone into editing, how accurate that is, I don't know. She does have quite an extensive festival break after Wireless until she does Summer Sonic in Japan.

Of course, I reckon she has a lot of things planned 'behind the scenes' but I really don't think they're planning to release album 7 at the end of this year.

It really wouldn't surprise me if they did though, she's released an album every year pretty much.

She needs to take a break badly...for her own sanity if for nothing else.
    • habanalahabanala Posts: 2,863
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Im sick of people saying she needs to take a break! I remember her saying
      "It takes alot of hard work to get to the top but its even harder to stay at the top"
      I think that is a great phrase. She is not releasing a album then ditching her fans for 2 -3 years while she lives off her money, she is also touring relentlessly because she loves it! And it is not like she hasnt had holidays, why do people think she is some nervous wreck on the brink of a breakdown, being forced to do things she doesnt want to do! She has a great life and loves working and there is nothing wrong with that.
      I do think they should release a greatest hits album next though, it is long over due and i would love a cd with all the hits (even though ive got the albums) plus a new single or two. It would absolutely slay!
      I thought her hackney performance was incredible, she had the crowd in the palm of her hand and everybody raving to we found love was amazing! Worthy headliner!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      RaiseItUp wrote: »

My bad! I just saw Rock In and assumed it was the Brazil show! No matter where the fans are in the world, I'm sure they will be understanding and show compassion for her.

That's good her fashion show is pretty much done! Something off her schedule.

As much as I don't think she will release the new album this year, I wouldn't be surprised if she did. In one sense I do understand it with the wanting to stay on top and in people's heads and other artists have done yearly albums before like the Beatles, Madonna etc so it's not unusual. It's just getting that quality album like Rated R worthy that takes so much more time to make, hopefully it''ll happen! I just want what's best for her, take a little time out to grief then come back finish all fest committments, another break then come back recharged and a real tour de force ready to sit down in her throne again!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Rihanna is suing her accountants

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a391912/rihanna-sues-former-accountants-over-loss-of-millions.html

I have seen talk between fans in the past about how Rihanna hasn't earned much as she should be and this backs it up
      Forum Member
      Now that 'WHYB' has peaked everywhere but the US, will she release another single off of 'TTT' or focus on album #7?