The Rihanna Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predict an album early next year. I would like a break in the pattern she is giving us

It's always a lead single by september, album by november, followed by a second single before xmas, followed by a third single by spring, followed by a summer single and then straight on to next album

I would also like her to creatively become apart of her music. She did it for Rated R and some of Good girl gone bad. Although i reckon her label stop her control on what she wants to do, not so much her. JIVE barely let Britney do anything to her albums.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When do you think tthe tour will come to the UK?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say judging by the Loud pattern, the tour would commence in Europe/UK late July/August. If the demand's great in Europe she will probably extend it out in Europe and finish up in November/early December. I am making it my mission to see Rihanna this tour! Loud looked amazing from what I've seen.

I noticed they posted in early 2012 that the DVD would be out 2012...perhaps this Christmas to keep us amused until new music next year? I am hoping so I'm still excited for it if they're gonna do it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shn321 wrote: »
    Rap-genius says "Could be actual yellow diamonds, but based on the video it’s probably referring to a type of ecstasy pill." :D

There's been a lot of tweets suggesting we could be getting music soon. So many producers/writers have been tweeting saying they've been working on stuff for her recently and considering how fast TTT was recorded, I don't think it'll be too long a wait.

I'd also rather have her release the album after the world tour but it looks like we'll be getting it before the tour. Maybe around the time of the Grammys? (Feb)

Thanks for the info. I should have known, what with it being a Rihanna song.

I'm not waiting for an album this year like I was the past 2. It's good that she's not rush releasing. I just hope #7 is a but more upbeat.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at the closing peremony when she performed :cool: :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Rumour has it she's going to release her new single 'Diamonds' next week. :eek:

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/09/rihanna-teases-single-diamonds-album-news/#more-89969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for Diamonds.

Just checked out her Paralympics performances, they were all really solid. Very good vocals on all of it. I wish Rihanna came down from the chair in We Found Love to do the dance breakdown, I love watching her move but then again those solid vocals would be endangered!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take back my past few comments about her spending more time on #7.:o

I can't say I'm not excited to hear the single/album, just wasn't expecting it in under a week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »
    I take back my past few comments about her spending more time on #7.:o

I can't say I'm not excited to hear the single/album, just wasn't expecting it in under a week.

Same here

Don't get me wrong, if the music is great then who cares but this constant repetition of how she releases singles and albums is slightly tiring and a little bit worrying
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    'Diamonds' will be released on Wednesday! :D Can't wait! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finally heard it and must say i really like it! heard it this morning and been in my head all day....playing again....continuing her trend of strong lead songs...love much like Russian ROulette it is dark, mid-tempo and a nice surprise :)

Wonder what vibes we will have with album 7...has it been named yet (is it gonna be called Diamonds??)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After a few listens Diamonds is no stinker neither is up there with her best as a song it dosn't seem to go anywhere all build and no pay off poor verses and a semi okay chorus again if a little more time and work went into instead of throwing it out we might have had a classic my hopes for album 7 diminish by the day.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    New album to be called Seven?

I hope not, it's pretty unimaginative.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh i love it. Seven can mean a lot to people in different ways. Lucky Number 7? The 7 Deadly sins
    Rihanna could pull of a seven deadly sins theme for her era or tour.

I hope it is true.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diamonds is now my favourite song she has ever done. I know some are trying to say she is singing like Sia in the song but she isn't. That's her accent!! it just blends with the lyrics differently to many of her previous songs.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If/when Rihanna gets a number 1 on Sunday, has she broken another record?

I remember last year them saying that she was the only solo female to have 5 number 1s in consecutive years?

2007 - Umbrella
    2008 - Take A Bow
    2009 - Run This Town
    2010 - Only Girl
    2011 - What's My Name/We Found Love
    2012 - Diamonds?
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Haven't visited this thread for a while. When I first heard Diamonds I wasn't sure what to think, I was expecting a dance song. Now I LOVE it. Played it quite a bit and am so happy it made it to No.1. Wasn't expecting it, but it is a great song. Can't wait for the album :).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anymore news on The Loud Tour being released?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anymore news on The Loud Tour being released?

Rihanna has taken to Instagram to confirm the Loud Tour DVD will be out on December 8th!
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where the hell is the Diamonds video?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new behind the scenes video has been released

http://blog.martiantv.com/2012/11/rihanna-unapologetic-behind-scenes.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Based on the previews released, I must say my favorites for now are Pour It Up, Lovex5 Song, What Now, Nobodies Business, Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary, Lost In Paradise and Half of Me. All brilliant sounding songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unapologetic sounds amazing.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    What's on the deluxe? Is it just an extra track and a few remixes?