Changes at BBC Breakfast?

StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
Forum Member
✭✭
And not for the better..

Last week we suddenly had Munchetty and Stayt at the beginning of the week; Kirkwood returns from leave but only does two days, then Deakin reappears. Thought little of it; holiday cover or from Minchin taking time off after the election.

But today... Turnbull and Munchetty on the sofa. If this prevails and Kirkwood only does three days this week, they must have swung the shifts around.

More's the pity; I don't watch Breakfast at the weekend and after this morning my ears took such a bashing from Munchetty's constant and habitual shouting at anyone and anything I don't think I can bear three days worth; if Kirkwood has done the same, it'll be six days if you factor in Deakin trying to give the weather as if we are all deaf.

Someone please reassure me this is temporary...

Comments

• shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Munchetty has absolutely no chemistry with any of the presenters. She just doesn't seem to fit in at all.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Steph?:o
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,155
    Forum Member
    Replace Naga with Vicky Derbyshire:D
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast improvement on the business news this morning with the new presenter - I could actually understand what she was talking about.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone considered that the presenter changes today (and to some extent, last week) might have been connected in some way with the Spring Bank Holiday and that one presenter might have wanted more than one day off this week?
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Vast improvement on the business news this morning with the new presenter - I could actually understand what she was talking about.

Hope you're not referring to our Northern girl.:D
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaddler wrote: »
    Munchetty has absolutely no chemistry with any of the presenters. She just doesn't seem to fit in at all.

Muchmoney is an instant turn off...
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    What about Steph?:o

Hod carrier by day, Desperate Dan impersonator by night.
  • StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Anyone considered that the presenter changes today (and to some extent, last week) might have been connected in some way with the Spring Bank Holiday and that one presenter might have wanted more than one day off this week?

I ruddy hope so....
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

Least they no longer put that rather loud Aussie chap on domestic.

If you're in the UK, you only have the dubious pleasure of him during the 5am hour every so often!
  • davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should try broadcasting the show from London. Make it much more relevant and less parochial. :D
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    culttvfan wrote: »
    Hod carrier by day, Desperate Dan impersonator by night.

How rude!
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Least they no longer put that rather loud Aussie chap on domestic.

If you're in the UK, you only have the dubious pleasure of him during the 5am hour every so often!

Aaron Hestlehurst? He's a star. :) Love his style
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »
    Muchmoney is an instant turn off...

Agreed, I don't tend to watch if she's on, she doesn't seem to gel with anyone and always has to chip in about the damn weather when handing over to the smiley one.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite is Louise. Always a ready smile, and not afraid to laugh at herself.
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    Agreed, I don't tend to watch if she's on, she doesn't seem to gel with anyone and always has to chip in about the damn weather when handing over to the smiley one.

She likes to get in a round of golf after she has finished each morning, hence her interest in the weather.
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can take them all rotating, not a single person of the regular team that I dislike. It works, they dont have the panic that the lot on ITV have.
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do they all do on their many many many days off?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eye3 wrote: »

Naga is often on BBC News during the night shift so doesn't have that many, many, many days off. Not sure about the others.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eye3 wrote: »

Bill does Songs of Praise, keeps bees and has commitments with Wycombe Wanderers football club.He used to do four mornings a week but cut it back to three when they moved to Salford.
  • BPL2011BPL2011 Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    If I was in charge of BBC Breakfast, I would have Simon McCoy and Martine Croxall presenting Monday to Wednesday, move Bill Turnbull and Louise Minchin to Thursday to Saturday, and have them take it in turns with he Sunday shift.

To present the business I would have Aaron Heslehurst, he's such a wonderful character on the early shift on BBC World News.

I would keep Carol Kirkwood presenting the weather, she is such a warm person to wake up with in the mornings.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Replace Naga with Vicky Derbyshire:D

No b****y way the day VD presents Breakfast is the day I watch I Sky News
  • StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    Naga is often on BBC News during the night shift so doesn't have that many, many, many days off. Not sure about the others.

Really? Still? Anyone want to start a petition for her to stay there? Then she can have a shouting competition with Sally Bundock on the World Business News.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    No b****y way the day VD presents Breakfast is the day I watch I Sky News

Actually Victoria Derbyshire is on BBC Breakfast every day with some item on her program dressed up as news. Whether it has increased her ratings from zero is a matter of debate.
  • Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has it been confirmed that louise has left the show? i'm too lazy to check, but if she or the bbc haven't confirmed anything, is it not a bit early to assume these changes are permanent?