Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 6)

Comments

• OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice people on here are quick to point out when ED's ratings are poor but I see they haven't mentioned this yet

Emmerdale Wedding beats Enders

Wow, good for Emmers. Good numbers, good percentages.:cool:
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice people on here are quick to point out when ED's ratings are poor but I see they haven't mentioned this yet

Emmerdale Wedding beats Enders
    And then they follow it up on the next episode with this

Emmerdale - also affected by the heat and the summer Games - dipped to a new two-month low of 4.61m (23.7%) at 7pm (+1: 228k/1.1%) for an episode which saw Alex and Moira succumb to their passion

It's hardly much of a win over EE when EE has to sink to one of it's lowest ratings this year.
    Ratings at the moment are relatively meaningless.
  • LilyCLilyC Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Also it didn't help that Eastenders has been on BBC2 since the Olympics as started.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally wrested the remote from Mr House on Thursday so that I could watch the wedding. Rhona's dress was lovely and Paddy looked nice too, BUT, the unmentionable cook and his whiny twit sidekick got me so mad I couldn't watch the second half.

Caught a glimpse the other night when Rhona and Paddy were facing up to the cook, Rhona played a blinder and Paddy almost lost his temper when the cook said something about how would he like it if he had his child taken away from him. I thought, way to go Padster, give the moaning tosser a good smack, but Paddy held his temper.

If the rest of this god forsaken village turn against Paddy and Rhona and side with that pair of asterisks, then all will be lost, I will never watch it again. The "director" and "producer" have absolutely ruined my favourite soap, and for what? So they can make it as miserable as EE or as corny as Corrie and it doesn't work. I want my old Emmerdale back, please.

From Disgruntled of Essex.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could the producers and or directors understand please that I really don't want to see Farmboy with his shirt off anymore and not only in that scene, we are treated to Adumb bursting in with his dodgy acting skills. Could anyone please tell me when Chas & Moira became best friends, the mother of the boy who has caused her son to be to be on the run, John seems to have been forgotten. Why has Laurel got double standards regarding children?

edit: yet another bloody scene with Farmboy with his shirt off, these scenes with him and Moira are revolting
  • dobby's bludgerdobby's bludger Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Could the producers and or directors understand please that I really don't want to see Farmboy with his shirt off anymore and not only in that scene, we are treated to Adumb bursting in with his dodgy acting skills. Could anyone please tell me when Chas & Moira became best friends, the mother of the boy who has caused her son to be to be on the run, John seems to have been forgotten. Why has Laurel got double standards regarding children?

edit: yet another bloody scene with Farmboy with his shirt off, these scenes with him and Moira are revolting
    i thought he was called farm yob:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're just gonna keep on getting fed all of these topless Alex scenes are we! Maybe if we start praising SB and his team they might stop because clearly this must be a punishment from TPTB to us for all of the critisism we give on here!

I said this on the Daily but Dan isnt that bad when he is away from that horrible Spencer lot he and Chas look like they are gonna make a nice couple even though its only going to be for a little while! An ED random couple generator couple that has actually worked in my eyes i never thought i would see the day!
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Dan and Chas together

And farm boy shirtless is repulsive
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »

BIB Didn't Chas try to get her claws into John once and it caused Moira to fall out with Chas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    BIB Didn't Chas try to get her claws into John once and it caused Moira to fall out with Chas?

Yes, she did val
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Finally wrested the remote from Mr House on Thursday so that I could watch the wedding. Rhona's dress was lovely and Paddy looked nice too, BUT, the unmentionable cook and his whiny twit sidekick got me so mad I couldn't watch the second half.

Caught a glimpse the other night when Rhona and Paddy were facing up to the cook, Rhona played a blinder and Paddy almost lost his temper when the cook said something about how would he like it if he had his child taken away from him. I thought, way to go Padster, give the moaning tosser a good smack, but Paddy held his temper.

If the rest of this god forsaken village turn against Paddy and Rhona and side with that pair of asterisks, then all will be lost, I will never watch it again. The "director" and "producer" have absolutely ruined my favourite soap, and for what? So they can make it as miserable as EE or as corny as Corrie and it doesn't work. I want my old Emmerdale back, please.

From Disgruntled of Essex.

Yes so do I!!
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not very talkative p5 this time of course the ep was hardly exciting.

Usual and Unusual things that happen in Emmerdale.

1) The invisibility shield that normally covers the village and allows amorous couples to hang out in the street and hold many loving but furtive conversations in the street right in public without anyone noticing failed last night. Detective Rhona saw the Moron and Loopy talking in the street and instantly new they had resumed there affair.

2) shortage of Clothes in the Village, however else would anyone explain why Alex spends most of the time naked.

3) French girls obviously have taste and wouldn't touch adam with a barge pole.

4) Chas is on therebound from Cameron and would shag anyone in sight if she got the chance, sadly for dull dan he in her path, poor dull Dan.

5) Marlon still feels sorry for himself and feels hard done by despite 1) Wrecking Paddy and Rhona's wedding and 2) Attempting to wreck their entire lives. What does he expect to get out of this anyway, sure they won't go to NZ but they won't be his friends and likely to be openly hostile and will prevent him seeing Leo as much as they can.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Short Synopsis of Ep

Alex and Moira have done the deed and do it again
    Chas wants to do the deed with Dull Dan
    Dull Dan may do the deed with Lizzy
    Rhona has rumbled Moron and Loopy
    Rhina and Paddy swear revenge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since I know how much everyone on P&P likes musical numbers

I thought it was time to share with you all a classic that for me could be renamed- Marlon's theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzQKECQgjW8

Now we're standin' on the corner of a world gone home
    Nobody's changed, nobody's been saved
    And I'm feelin' cold and alone
    I guess I'm lucky, I smile a lot
    But sometimes I wish for more than I've got...
    "What About me, it isn't fair
    I've had enough now I want my share
    Can't you see? I wanna live!
    But you just take more - What about me?!
    It isn't fair!
    I've had enough now I want my share!
    But you just take more,
    You just take more,
    You just take more than you give...

What about me?
    What about me?
    What about me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought it was time to share with you all a classic that for me could be renamed- Marlon's theme

It isn't fair!
    But you just take more,
    You just take more,

What about me?
    What about me?
    What about me?

PMSL!!!!! I can just picture Marlon walking around the village with a sad depressed look on him with a montage of his memorys from the village with this song playing over it! :D:D:D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair the amount of 'Sharon!' threads that shot up were bound to push this thread further down the board especially as nothing of real note happened in that episode.

Alex and Moira. Bleurgh!!!!!!!!!!!!! When Moira was practically panting at him insinuating how good he was in bed and making it obvious she was up for seconds I wanted to hurl! They stood there going on about not being caught while they snogged at the kitchen sink! There must have been absolutely zero chance of Adam going in their for a drink/bite to eat in the middle of the night then? :rolleyes: Now don't get me wrong, it's not the age difference between those two, I couldn't care less about that, it's the fact that I find him about as sexy as a door knob. Bring back Cain! Those two had REAL chemistry :cool:

But my ultimate problem? She's only been a widow for 6 months - now I know for a fact that this happens in the real world (I know of someone who got with someone 6 WEEKS later! :eek:) but somehow it just sits badly with me that she could do this. She was supposed to feel so guilty for shagging Cain and tearing her family apart, which ultimately led to her husband's death, that I just don't believe that she'd be so hasty to replace him in her bed. She hasn't shown any remorse or doubts either, in fact I get the definite impression that she's rather smug about it all in her chats with Chas (another improbable friendship :rolleyes:) and her attitude with Alex. I know it's a bit of a cliche but I'd rather she had been worse for wear with drink when she first went with Alex but then had been wracked with guilt and doubts the next day. For me this would have made her actions alot more understandable - that she's missing physical intimacy but is torn afterwards because she still feels like she's cheating on John. Or even stone cold sober when she's 'overcome' by passion for Alex (ugh!) but then feeling the guilt and doubts the next day would have done. A more human reaction for me, especially for someone who was supposed to have been married to the same man from she was a young girl and who we were led to believe were a passionate and true to each other couple (until they moved to the village of the damned :D). But as it stands her upfront and gloating attitude is putting me right off her but no doubt this is TPTB's interpretation of a strong. sexy and independent woman.

Plus, I know I'm going on :o, but it just smacks of a complete lack of imagination on behalf of the writers. It's like they sat there saying 'Right, Moira, hasn't done much for a while, what can we do with her?' and someone replied: 'I know, an affair with the farmhand!' and they all sat round patting themselves on the back for coming up with something SO original :rolleyes: For TPTB nearly EVERY storyline has to have a sexual edge! Why couldn't they have constructed a storyline about the farm nearly going to the wall and her struggle to keep it going in the face of adversity? Or would that have been just too boring?

And PLEASE tell me that Chas is going to start using Priya as a punch bag soon?!

Det Insp Rhona Kirk was on the money re Maurel. As the penny dropped with Paddy about seeing them at the wedding he forgot all about the time he went into the Woolie kitchen to beg Moron to come to his wedding because Laurel was there then too. The clues were there Padster you just had to join the dots!

If I have to see Moron 'OH WOE IS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!' Dingle moaning on my screen once more I'm going to scream :mad:
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The writers seem to forget that because of the actions of Moria's son Chas' son had to leave the country. Now they are bessie mates :confused:
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiya Lotteh, :)

Couldn't agree more about the Moilex (?) catastrophe. It's so out of her (original) character and the fact that old droopy lips is about as attractive as the contents of my sick bucket just makes it all worse.

Generally, the problem with this new 'random couples generator' seems to be that there are simply not enough eligible or remotely suitable individuals left in t'village for any realistic couples to be generated.

That's why I think we do need a bit of a cull of the deadwood, (Alex, all Spencers, Sloth, Megan, Yobbit etc), and some NEW arrivals to rock up, so at least it wouldn't all be so totally incestuous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    To be fair the amount of 'Sharon!' threads that shot up were bound to push this thread further down the board especially as nothing of real note happened in that episode.

Alex and Moira. Bleurgh!!!!!!!!!!!!! When Moira was practically panting at him insinuating how good he was in bed and making it obvious she was up for seconds I wanted to hurl! They stood there going on about not being caught while they snogged at the kitchen sink! There must have been absolutely zero chance of Adam going in their for a drink/bite to eat in the middle of the night then? :rolleyes: Now don't get me wrong, it's not the age difference between those two, I couldn't care less about that, it's the fact that I find him about as sexy as a door knob. Bring back Cain! Those two had REAL chemistry :cool:

But my ultimate problem? She's only been a widow for 6 months - now I know for a fact that this happens in the real world (I know of someone who got with someone 6 WEEKS later! :eek:) but somehow it just sits badly with me that she could do this. She was supposed to feel so guilty for shagging Cain and tearing her family apart, which ultimately led to her husband's death, that I just don't believe that she'd be so hasty to replace him in her bed. She hasn't shown any remorse or doubts either, in fact I get the definite impression that she's rather smug about it all in her chats with Chas (another improbable friendship :rolleyes:) and her attitude with Alex. I know it's a bit of a cliche but I'd rather she had been worse for wear with drink when she first went with Alex but then had been wracked with guilt and doubts the next day. For me this would have made her actions alot more understandable - that she's missing physical intimacy but is torn afterwards because she still feels like she's cheating on John. Or even stone cold sober when she's 'overcome' by passion for Alex (ugh!) but then feeling the guilt and doubts the next day would have done. A more human reaction for me, especially for someone who was supposed to have been married to the same man from she was a young girl and who we were led to believe were a passionate and true to each other couple (until they moved to the village of the damned :D). But as it stands her upfront and gloating attitude is putting me right off her but no doubt this is TPTB's interpretation of a strong. sexy and independent woman.

Plus, I know I'm going on :o, but it just smacks of a complete lack of imagination on behalf of the writers. It's like they sat there saying 'Right, Moira, hasn't done much for a while, what can we do with her?' and someone replied: 'I know, an affair with the farmhand!' and they all sat round patting themselves on the back for coming up with something SO original :rolleyes: For TPTB nearly EVERY storyline has to have a sexual edge! Why couldn't they have constructed a storyline about the farm nearly going to the wall and her struggle to keep it going in the face of adversity? Or would that have been just too boring?

And PLEASE tell me that Chas is going to start using Priya as a punch bag soon?!

Det Insp Rhona Kirk was on the money re Maurel. As the penny dropped with Paddy about seeing them at the wedding he forgot all about the time he went into the Woolie kitchen to beg Moron to come to his wedding because Laurel was there then too. The clues were there Padster you just had to join the dots!

If I have to see Moron 'OH WOE IS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!' Dingle moaning on my screen once more I'm going to scream :mad:

Calmness Lotty Calmness.

You could always put the Morons face on the Priya punchbag if you want to hit him that much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair Lotty there wasnt that many Sharon threads there was only about 5.7 million of them so i think the hysteria is calming down a bit! ;)

I agree about Priya i'm hoping Chas does start to use her as a punching bag soon she is such a vile little creature! What the hell makes her so special that she can look down at other folk!
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, far too boring. I also realised last night with Adam laying on thick the "You're a great mate Alex" that we're going to be subjected to the actors wonderful temper tantrum once again.

I mentioned in another thread how this made little sense as Paddy and Rhona were already aware of Marlon's feelings for Laurel. It shouldn't have taken Paddy all this time to realise there was something going on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Hiya Lotteh,

Couldn't agree more about the Moilex (?) catastrophe. It's so out of her (original) character and the fact that old droopy lips is about as attractive as the contents of my sick bucket just makes it all worse.

Generally, the problem with this new 'random couples generator' seems to be that there are simply not enough eligible or remotely suitable individuals left in t'village for any realistic couples to be generated.

That's why I think we do need a bit of a cull of the deadwood, (Alex, all Spencers, Sloth, Megan, Yobbit etc), and some NEW arrivals to rock up, so at least it wouldn't all be so totally incestuous.

Hi Onj! *waves*

BIB1: LOL! Moirex! Sounds a bit like a loo roll - which is quite appropriate when you think about it :D

BIB2: Love that description of Alex :D But actually he was starting to grow on me as a character (was never impressed by his looks) until he stitched Ashley up in that burger bar and cost him his job. I'll never forgive him and Victoria for that :mad:

BIB3: Desperately need some new faces who we are going to like and that doesn't mean sickly sweetness just good, interesting characters e.g. Nathan Wilde - couldn't stand the toffee nosed little twonk but I loved him as a character and really enjoyed his dastardly scenes. I love Cain but he's not exactly a nice person. We need less of the Ali Spencer 'keeping it real' aggressive types and more all round interesting characters. I was getting used to Megan until they saddled her with Robbit. Dear God, has there ever been a more ridiculous casting? Even the dreaded Sean Spencer is better! To me he has totally brought down Megan's character and I thought that in her kindness to Zak she definitely showed promise.
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Calmness Lotty Calmness.

You could always put the Morons face on the Priya punchbag if you want to hit him that much.

LOL! I actually forgot that we've got one in the garage. MrLJnr is going to get a shock next time he goes to fight with himself and ends up smacking Marlon in the gob :cool:
    To be fair Lotty there wasnt that many Sharon threads there was only about 5.7 million of them so i think the hysteria is calming down a bit! ;)

I agree about Priya i'm hoping Chas does start to use her as a punching bag soon she is such a vile little creature! What the hell makes her so special that she can look down at other folk!

LOL!!!! I must admit, it was bad enough but I was expecting it to be worse than it actually was!

Priya has obviously been a pampered little princess from the day she came out. No one has said 'no' very often to her and she's never been taught to control what she says. If ED think her 'honesty' is endearing it isn't, it's just annoying. I really had my hopes up that Chas was going to go for her last night, I mean, FGS, who talks to their boss like THAT? I'm actually dreading
    her getting with David because we just KNOW that she's going to be spiteful and gloating to poor Alicia when she returns, bragging that she got her man :(
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    Yes, far too boring. I also realised last night with Adam laying on thick the "You're a great mate Alex" that we're going to be subjected to the actors wonderful temper tantrum once again.

I mentioned in another thread how this made little sense as Paddy and Rhona were already aware of Marlon's feelings for Laurel. It shouldn't have taken Paddy all this time to realise there was something going on.

Adam. OMG. I was trying to forget about his noisy return :(:mad: Yes, laying it on with a trowel weren't they! At least they alluded to the fact that he'd dropped his mum in it by leaving her in the lurch but whaddayaknow, he was cock-a-hoop that Alex was there to help her. He'll find out very soon that he's done a bit more than that! And if Moira just takes the crap off him and doesn't chuck some of HIS recent misdemeanours back in his face I am going to be attacking my punchbag with gusto :mad:

And as to Paddy not sussing things out before now, it's amazing how blind and stupid characters can be at times! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It isn't fair!
    But you just take more,
    You just take more,

What about me?
    What about me?
    What about me?

How did I miss this before :eek:
    Perfect song for Marlon :D
    Well done Wildy, a great find. I was heavily into music at this time and have never heard of this song!
    PMSL!!!!! I can just picture Marlon walking around the village with a sad depressed look on him with a montage of his memorys from the village with this song playing over it! :D:D:D

ROFL! So true, his hangdog face would suit it perfectly! :D
    Is it wrong that I want to see this happen now? :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been some excellent points raised, I won't MQ quote as it would take forever. I personally don't think Moira would go down this path so soon into widowhood, apart from the fact I think Farmboy is repulsive and yes I was warming to him until he got Ashley the sack along with Victoria. As for Priya, why is she there with her snidy personality and believe me if I had talked to my boss like that I would have been shown the door
This discussion has been closed.