Kimberley Walsh on Nadine Coyle

_Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
Forum Member

Comments

• cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm I've thought for years that Kim, Nicola and Cheryl were quite cliquey. It must have been pretty uncomfortable for Sarah and Nadine to be in the group at times. I doubt they care tho.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kimberley should be greatful to Nadine, it was her voice that paid Kim's bills for 10 years!
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    Kimberley should be greatful to Nadine, it was her voice that paid Kim's bills for 10 years!

Indeed - and the only way she can make further cash is by slagging her off. She certainly can't rely on her own...
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Kimberley is showing her true colours.

As someone else said she didnt slag of Cheryl off when she bugger off and did X Factor and her own solo career. But then Cheryl was the "nations sweetheart" at that time, so I suppose she just wanted to keep in with her.

As we all know she is not going to make it on her own as a vocal talent and she has proved with not being able to hold a tune
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,750
    Forum Member
    It's hardly a surprising thing that Nadine didn't want Girls Aloud to end, she said it the day after the announcement

There seemed to be quite a big division between Cheryl, Kim, Nicola and Nadine and Sarah which became a lot more obvious with the reunion

As someone posted before, Kim (and I think the other girls too) owe a lot to Nadine's voice, certainly in the early days where she carried them a lot and I don't think Girls Aloud would be anywhere near as successful as they were if Nadine wasn't a part of it

It's a shame there seems to be a big split between the group after spending all that time together
  • _Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Kimberley does seem to have her tongue firmly lodged up Cheryl's backside.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    It's hardly a surprising thing that Nadine didn't want Girls Aloud to end, she said it the day after the announcement

There seemed to be quite a big division between Cheryl, Kim, Nicola and Nadine and Sarah which became a lot more obvious with the reunion

As someone posted before, Kim (and I think the other girls too) owe a lot to Nadine's voice, certainly in the early days where she carried them a lot and I don't think Girls Aloud would be anywhere near as successful as they were if Nadine wasn't a part of it

It's a shame there seems to be a big split between the group after spending all that time together

I couldn't agree more. Yes, Cheryl may now be the most famous today out of the group, but she wasn't at the start. I believe if Nadine was not there, the group would not have lasted as long as it did.

I would like to hear what Sarah and Nadine think about Kimberley and co if they ever release a book. It would be good to hear their opinions, rather than just reading about what Cheryl and Kimberley have got to say.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have a close family friend who works in the music industry as a session musician. He's worked with and toured with the following - Tom Jones, Alfie Boe, Il Divo, Westlife to name a few, and Girls Aloud. No groundbreaking insider knowledge here, but he's always said that Nadine and Nicola carried the other three, and that they can't hold a tune to save their lives. Kimberley shouldn't be slating Nadine, she should be thanking her for being probably the main reason why she has had career.

I hate it when people choose to slate things and people from their past. It just makes them come across as rude and ungrateful.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for Nadine - you don't hear her slagging off the other members of the Girls Aloud, but every chance Cheryl and Kimberley get, they end up slating her! Let bygones be bygones - nobody cares anymore, anyway.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hmmm I've thought for years that Kim, Nicola and Cheryl were quite cliquey. It must have been pretty uncomfortable for Sarah and Nadine to be in the group at times. I doubt they care tho.

I always thought that as well. In fact, if you Google "girls aloud chim" or "girls aloud chimola" some fans seem to think Kimberley and Cheryl were friendly... a bit too friendly if you get my drift ;) There's even fanfiction about them!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we're supposed to believe that Nadine was causing issues in the band by hiring a solo manager, yet Cheryl was able to go off with will.i.am and record a solo single with him and there were no problems?

I agree with the others that Kimberley, Cheryl and Nicola seemed quite cliquey. I think some of them resented Sarah because they wanted Javine in the band, and I just don't think any of them got on with Nadine, which is quite sad as she was the lead vocalist all the time.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine Nadine sought her own management so she wouldn't have had to participate in the TV stuff that the other girls did like 'Passions of Girls Aloud' and 'Ghost Hunting with Girls Aloud'.

She has said several times that all she wanted to be was a singer, the other stuff didn't interest her.

She went off, wrote and produced her solo album on her own label (i.e put all the work in herself rather than handed everything a la Cheryl) and made the decision to distribute exclusively through Tesco. A deal that she reportedly pocketed £1m for regardless of how the record sold. Smart move. She wouldn't have been allowed to do that under Hilary's management.

I honestly think that she is not bothered about what the other girls think of her anyway. She'll be too busy running her busy bar in LA, soaking up the sun on Sunset Beach!! :D
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only one song needed for these statements by Kim

Rumours
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SusYKjiYYn8
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, she is only being honest and this is only taken out of context so we have to take that into consideration.

She is right when it came to loyalty though. Nadine didn't do Brits because of passport, and she pulled out of 'Passions' and 'Ghosthunting'. Also Nadine brought her 'new' manager on tour with her and made it clear she wanted a solo career.

This was the difference between Cheryl and Nadine because Cheryl was happy with Girls Aloud and that was obvious, whereas Nadine wanted out. This caused the 'break'. Then the others girls went and began happy apart from the group which will have caused the half hearted reunion.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I know work colleagues don't always end up best pals - but it's barely 12 months since their reunion and this just confirms what a half-arsed reunion it was just to make money.

I love their music, but as individuals, I kind of wish they'd shut up and leave things alone. Okay, It's no news to followers of the band, but it's also unnecessary to drag one member of the band down.

I'm sure Nadine made mistakes but I do feel Nadine gets a lot of stick purely due to numbers. It's 3 against 1 effectively but whilst Cheryl was never as blatant as getting her own manager, I think it was very obvious that she was gearing up for a solo career herself from early on. There's nothing wrong in that, but I wish they'd acknowledge that.
  • _Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Sweet7 wrote: »
    To be fair, she is only being honest and this is only taken out of context so we have to take that into consideration.

How can excerpts from her forthcoming autobiography mean its taken out of context?
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    So we're supposed to believe that Nadine was causing issues in the band by hiring a solo manager, yet Cheryl was able to go off with will.i.am and record a solo single with him and there were no problems?

I agree with the others that Kimberley, Cheryl and Nicola seemed quite cliquey. I think some of them resented Sarah because they wanted Javine in the band, and I just don't think any of them got on with Nadine, which is quite sad as she was the lead vocalist all the time.

I do think it is very unfair. The other members were apparently unhappy about Nadine trying to do her own thing, yet they were all for Cheryl doing her own thing. I think double standards comes to mind.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who gives a s**t?
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,750
    Forum Member
    I do think it is very unfair how the other members were apparently unhappy about Nadine trying to do her own thing, yet they were all for Cheryl doing her own thing. I think double standards comes to mind.

I think they didn't have a problem with Nadine doing her own thing at the time, as they didn't with Cheryl, but now it's become popular to blame Nadine for the first break when Cheryl was the one who released the first single away from the group and signed up to judge X Factor

Kim and Nicola probably know it's better to be seen to be on Cheryl's 'side' rather than Nadine's because she is in the press more and maybe think they can keep their names in there too whereas they couldn't really do that with Nadine

ETA: Quite telling that in the book, Kim's opinion is that Nadine didn't have a loyalty to the group yet was the one that said she didn't want to end.

I also find her hypocritical saying of Nadine's tweet "It was quite a hard pill to swallow because she never said such a thing to the rest of us, and splitting up was what we’d always planned." when in the months before the tour Kim was the one saying Girls Aloud wouldn't ever split
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That'll be Kimba barred from Irish Mist then:o
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadine carried that group for years. She was the lead on most of their tracks. I happen to think that Nadine got a bit more stick because she was the lone Irish girl in the band with three English girls. Just do one, Kim...
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _Magnum_ wrote: »
    How can excerpts from her forthcoming autobiography mean its taken out of context?

Because she may add bits on after it or be talking about all the members in that way.

The papers have only chosen quotes that reflect Nadine. They may have completely ignored anything positive about her or anything negative about the other girls.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Nadine carried that group for years. She was the lead on most of their tracks. I happen to think that Nadine got a bit more stick because she was the lone Irish girl in the band with three English girls. Just do one, Kim...

Actually there were four English girls in the group.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadine carried that group by herself for at least the first three albums, her voice shone through. It wasn't until later years that we realised how talented Nicola was as well, personally it's always looked like an us and them type of thing, Nadine and Sarah were always on the outside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim's not being honest, she did bond with Nadine, Nadine was her best friend in the early days and the two were inseparable, so something happened to end that.

When Kim got her place at the house it was a big thing for her to tell Nadine. Nadine had stayed in touch when Kim was eliminated.

When the girls were announced, Davina was making a big thing about would best friends Kim and Nadine get in the band

Certainly for the first album they were close, it was very much Cheryl and Nic (After Javine got sent home). Nadine and kim. Sarah the loner