Username Silliness (Part 3)

Comments

• planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Other threads have mentioned it too. Someone said it is posters who are pending a ban havingg their posts moderated before they appear. Not buying that. I see no reason why I would be pending a ban today. :o

Well you ARE very naughty. Perhaps it is just your posts being moderated incse they are de trop?

I, on the other hand, am saintly and haven't mentioned eggs or serbian tennis players.....:kitty:
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    Well you ARE very naughty. Perhaps it is just your posts being moderated incse they are de trop?

I, on the other hand, am saintly and haven't mentioned eggs or serbian tennis players.....:kitty:

Yet! Wimbledon hasn't started yet. Was that your last 'rest'?

Just saw something on FB that made me laugh.

1000 Years of Western European History - abridged version
    10th C - War
    11th C - War
    12th C - War
    13th C - War
    14 th C - War
    15th C - War
    16th C - War
    17th C - War
    18th C - war
    19th C - War
    20th C part 1 - War
    20th C part 2 - Arguments about the shape of farm produce. :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    *Waits*

* drums fingers on desk*
    Forum Member
    Yet! Wimbledon hasn't started yet. Was that your last 'rest'?

Just saw something on FB that made me laugh.

1000 Years of Western European History - abridged version
    10th C - War
    11th C - War
    12th C - War
    13th C - War
    14 th C - War
    15th C - War
    16th C - War
    17th C - War
    18th C - war
    19th C - War
    20th C part 1 - War
    20th C part 2 - Arguments about the shape of farm produce. :D:D:D

yes i said he had a time machine shaped like an egg and got two days holiday :D

i was a model of not speaking during the French Open final against Murray!

hahaha:D:D:D
    or alternatively a recent history of Europe:
    Germany tries to take over europe - first world war
    Germany tries to take over europe - second world war
    Germany tries to take over europe - referendum
    Forum Member
    *Waits*

* drums fingers on desk*

you only waited a minute!!!! i have things to do you know!!!
    you're not normally up this late An is it a special occasion?
    Im watching a young Harrison Ford i'd forgotten how handsome he was :blush:
    Forum Member
    you only waited a minute!!!! i have things to do you know!!!
    you're not normally up this late An is it a special occasion?
    Im watching a young Harrison Ford i'd forgotten how handsome he was :blush:

I had hoped to see which way the wind was blowing before I went to bed. but it seems it is blowing back and forth.
    Forum Member
    I had hoped to see which way the wind was blowing before I went to bed. but it seems it is blowing back and forth.

Is it as weird television as when the bloke was reliving the gulf war with a sand pit and models?
    Forum Member
    Is it as weird television as when the bloke was reliving the gulf war with a sand pit and models?

Oh I missed that. But the BBC model department do seem to employ the sort of chaps who don't get out much.
    Forum Member
    Oh I missed that. But the BBC model department do seem to employ the sort of chaps who don't get out much.

First gulf war 1990 Peter Snow......it was a real ":o is this really happening?" moment.
    Forum Member
    Has anyone seen the series Penny Dreadful? i haven't but i'm tempted if its's any good.
    Forum Member
    First gulf war 1990 Peter Snow......it was a real ":o is this really happening?" moment.

I remeber the war. It was the backdrop to many of my degree essays. Nothing else was on TV late at night except snooker and scud missiles.
    Forum Member
    I remeber the war. It was the backdrop to many of my degree essays. Nothing else was on TV late at night except snooker and scud missiles.

I was living in australia at the time but it was so extraordinary my friend taped it on vhs to show me. I couldn't believe it was the news.....however it wasn't anything as bad as the american news they showed on tv there. It ws my first experience of american news they'd go into jewish delis in new york to find out if they had any relatives being bombed in israel it made Peter Snow look like the kindergarten of bad taste :o

i'm getting peckish....
    Forum Member
  • tk096tk096 Posts: 5,829
    Forum Member
    Oh feckkkit. And I'm Ryanairing in a few hours.
  • twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crikey, rescuing the thread from page two! Are we all in post Brexit mourning?

I had mini twass and two of her pals for the weekend, so had my hands full with the catering side etc.
    Forum Member
    Crikey, rescuing the thread from page two! Are we all in post Brexit mourning?

I had mini twass and two of her pals for the weekend, so had my hands full with the catering side etc.

Reckon folks have gone out on the lash whilst we have been busy! I'm packing for my return home tomorrow morning, had a great weekend catching up with family, eating far too much and having an occasional snifter (well cider).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tk096 wrote: »
    Reckon folks have gone out on the lash whilst we have been busy! I'm packing for my return home tomorrow morning, had a great weekend catching up with family, eating far too much and having an occasional snifter (well cider).

Glad you had a lovely time! Nothing wrong with a wee snifter or several. Discovered mango cider at my local the other day....delicious! So fruity :cool:
    Forum Member
    Ooh mango! My usual tipple is pear but mango might arrive at home in the next ten years.

New great nephew is gorgeous, this weekend he has learned how to suck his thumb and laugh! I'm taking all the credit. Also we finished scattering Mum's ashes, she and Dad are all over the places they loved.

Hope you had as good a time with mini and mates, did you watch Glasto?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh mango! My usual tipple is pear but mango might arrive at home in the next ten years.

New great nephew is gorgeous, this weekend he has learned how to suck his thumb and laugh! I'm taking all the credit. Also we finished scattering Mum's ashes, she and Dad are all over the places they loved.

Hope you had as good a time with mini and mates, did you watch Glasto?

I saw some but not all of it, they were lovely girls so spent a good deal of time chatting to them :)

Great nephew sounds gorgeous!!

I scattered a bit of mum in my garden and the rest in the woods. I thought she'd like that. I threw a little up in the air in the garden and the wind blew it all back in my face, she'd have laughed like a drain :D
    Forum Member
    I saw some but not all of it, they were lovely girls so spent a good deal of time chatting to them :)

Great nephew sounds gorgeous!!

I scattered a bit of mum in my garden and the rest in the woods. I thought she'd like that. I threw a little up in the air in the garden and the wind blew it all back in my face, she'd have laughed like a drain :D

Oh good.

We had such a lovely time, and it sounds weird, but smiling scattering, and a little blowback raised laughs.

Now gotta go, Ryanair waits for no one. See you tomorrow night x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you had a safe flight tk and are back in Vikings country safe and sound!!
    Forum Member
    I hope you had a safe flight tk and are back in Vikings country safe and sound!!

Ahah, safe home, having a cuppa and washing on. Horrible journey to airport this morning, roadworks all the way which meant a run to the gate, just made it!

Now my birds need feeding, laters :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahah, safe home, having a cuppa and washing on. Horrible journey to airport this morning, roadworks all the way which meant a run to the gate, just made it!

Now my birds need feeding, laters :D

THe problem with our junketings is always the blooming laundry after!!

Hens??
    Forum Member
    THe problem with our junketings is always the blooming laundry after!!

Hens??

Oh no, wild birds (sparrows, blue tits, chaffinches, wagtails, blackbirds, great tits, Robin's, wrens) sure I've missed some, dear mrtk's first text every morning was "fed the birds" !

And yes, the laundry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, wild birds (sparrows, blue tits, chaffinches, wagtails, blackbirds, great tits, Robin's, wrens) sure I've missed some, dear mrtk's first text every morning was "fed the birds" !

And yes, the laundry.

I don't feed the birds much at this time of year as there are so many insects and now fruits etc available for them. I still chuck out the crumbs from the breadboard and the occasional crust but mostly leave them to Nature's bounty in the summer months! But I do make sure there is water for them and for butterflies and bees.
This discussion has been closed.