Options

The Emma Chawner Appreciation Thread

iloathedanniiiloathedannii Posts: 1,658
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi Chawner Chums! :)

I just noticed that Ethan Boroian has an AT so I reckon there's room on DS for another X Factor cutie who didn't make it to the live finals on more than one attempt but made a big impression on viewers everywhere.

The massive latest news about Em is that she'll be headlining Lorraine's Kelly's Big Fat Challenge for another six episodes. That girl has staying power!

I hope this thread will turn out to be a place to celebrate Em's further progress towards stardom, and a refuge from the sizeism of the main boards for those who appreciate that "larger lovelies" have a place in the entertainment world too.

Comments

• Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's massive news, all right.

I for one will miss Emma's absence from the X Factor audition shows this year. Entertainment-wise, she brings a lot to the table.
  • Options
    myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's massive news, all right.

I for one will miss Emma's absence from the X Factor audition shows this year. Entertainment-wise, she brings a lot to the table.

You have to admire her guts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myoldmate wrote: »
    You have to admire her guts.

Indeed I do.

Emma knows she can't rely on her looks or her background to get a foot in the door, but that doesn't stop her trying to squeeze through anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention that Lorraine Kelly's Next Big Fat Challenge starring Em returns on Tuesdays from August 24 at 8pm on Bio.

Less than three weeks to go!:) Wonder how many stone she'll drop this time round???

Em's twitter is #emmaxfactor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Less than three weeks to go!:) Wonder how many stone she'll drop this time round???

How much did she manage the first season? I recall seeing a figure for the entire family in one of the red tops, but I don't think it was broken down into pounds per Chawner.

Not sure I would credit the numbers coming from the tabloids in any case—they're nothing but inventive when it comes to the Chawners. There was a report once that they were all living together in a car. Can you imagine?

A caravan, maybe...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much did she manage the first season? I recall seeing a figure for the entire family in one of the red tops, but I don't think it was broken down into pounds per Chawner.

Em went from 19 stone to 15 stone 3 lbs!

She also took herself off benefits last Nov.

No one can deny that she's turning her life around!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not sure I would credit the numbers coming from the tabloids in any case—they're nothing but inventive when it comes to the Chawners.

So true.:(

When Emma appeared at the Christmas lighting in Leeds last year it was reported that she sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

But she actually sang "Silent Night!"

There's a huge difference!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a link to Em's starring appearance in the big production number by auditionees at the 2007 Final:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXw00-bAj8U&feature=channel

It's great to hear Simon saying they all make him proud to be British!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an interesting article in the press yesterday about the new Lorraine Kelly series:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/leisure/latest/8320668.East_Lancashire_family_takes_on_new_TV_fat_challenge/

Can't wait to see Em go under hypnosis!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Emma *waves*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't usually pay attention to the Star:p, but since the Chawners were on the front page the other day my curiosity got the best of me.

Truth be told, I'm wondering if it may be time for Emma to strike out on her own. She's the only one who's keeping to a diet, and her sister Samantha actually sounds annoyed by it!:mad:

Em's parents have never been the best role models, and it seems like a massive challenge for her to keep making progress if she stays at home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The second episode of the Dannii Minogue series (AKA Dannii Minogue Vile Queen) has gotten terrible ratings.

I'm guessing that Lorraine Kelly's second series with the Chawners will do better. What do you think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nine more days till the new adventures of Emma & the Chawners on Bio!:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case you didn't know, Bio is repeating the first Lorraine Kelly series with the Chawners all this week, leading up to the debut of the new series next Tues.

Episode 6 (with slimmed-down Em singing at Christmas in Leeds), will be re-broadcast next Mon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The second episode of the Dannii Minogue series (AKA Dannii Minogue Vile Queen) has gotten terrible ratings.

I'm guessing that Lorraine Kelly's second series with the Chawners will do better. What do you think?

Doesn't surprise me in the least. Dannii is popular among people who post on DS; most of the public at large could give a toss. This, after all, is a woman who would go so far as to have a child to keep her job as a talent show judge for one last season. She is, by all accounts of those who have had the misfortune to work with her, a vile c**t of a human being.

Whether it's because they're the "most hated family in Britain" or the "fattest family in Britain" or because people have enjoyed watching Emma lumber onto the X-Factor stage, the Chawners have managed to lodge themselves in the public consciousness. Love them or loathe them, it's hard not to watch them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma's Twitter has a background photo of her dressed in a toga from the Roman Empire photo shoot with her family:

http://twitter.com/emmaxfactor/status/21475360803
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just discovered a thread about Em in the main entertainment forum:

http://www.digitalspy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1327811

Mostly the usual nastiness but some good comments.
  • Options
    slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread.
  • Options
    slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoops! Wrong thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slsls wrote: »
    Where did you see she'd stopped claiming benefits last November? Linky please! As far as I can see she still doesn't work and never has, it's her sister who does occasional work as a hairdresser (and not enough to lose her benefits natch).

I can't find the link quickly that dates it to November (I'll keep looking), but in this article Samantha says they have both stopped claiming so they can't be called "scroungers" anymore.

http://www.closeronline.co.uk/RealLife/Reallifestories/audrey-phillip-chawner-claimed-they-were-too-fat-to-work-now-lost-weight.aspx

There's also a photo of the Chawners in togas at this link!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Everyone needs to see the toga shot.

Everyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma has gotten hundreds of new friends on Facebook as a result of the re-broadcasts of the first Lorraine Kelly series this week!:)

Can't wait to see how many more jump on the bandwagon with the new series starting Tues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really distressing news. Emma collapsed last night after hurting her leg and is in hospital. Her dad is posting updates on her Facebook.

Hope you get better soon, Em!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show tonight just wasn't the same without an appearance by Emma!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show tonight just wasn't the same without an appearance by Emma!

Now that auditionees have the advantage of auto-tune, Emma should be given a third chance. She might go far!