Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 3)

Comments

• RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I've just read this, about some nutters using names from this site for the DM comments. I would urge anyone having their ID from here used, to use their complaints form (click on 'Report abuse' under each comment), they do actually take notice of it, I've used it several times to report posts and they have usually acted on it.
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to work out the 'highjacker's' motives. They have obviously studied past posts on Liz's articles, they have looked on the DS forum as well (I suspect most people who visit Digital Spy don't look at this thread unless they are anti-Liz) so they obviously feel strongly about her. Unfortunately, they are not clever enough to make up interesting posts after going to all that trouble, they are very adolecent in writing style. I think if Liz herself had done them they would be more OTT and gushing, my money is still on Nic.
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Writers of beguilingly odd supportive messages for LJ on the DM comments become evermore far-fetched and wonderfully bizarre: Queen Noor of Jordan, Coco Chanel via a mystic "channel", Col. Gaddaffi (sp?), the faux Li...

I don't think there's anybody who now moderates the posts to separate the wheat from the chaff, viz "Princess Kate" (me, playing to see how easy or not it would be to change my personae). Such a dumb, implausible comment with a name/location that must shout fakery: but, lo, it's there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    'Oh, and another high point: I was sat front row at Oscar de la Renta next to Justin Timberlake.'

IS THIS HER?? http://tiny.cc/ez4io

If so why didn't she mention Ashley Olsen sat next to her? Oh wait, she's a beautiful young women why would she!?
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Page won't load for me...
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBarker wrote: »

:eek: She's's morphed into the Bride of Wildenstein. Oh my days she seriously needs to ask her plastic surgeon for her money back. To close to a fire and she'd melt.
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read an interview with Jocelyn Widenstein years ago and the female interviewer said she was the most pleasant and friendly person she ever had to deal with but sadly the surgery is so distracting it overshadows this, not words ever used about LJ. That woman at Oscar De La Renta is no more Lizard than it's Jeremy Paxman. Unless she's shed her skin again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vampyre wrote: »
    I read an interview with Jocelyn Widenstein years ago and the female interviewer said she was the most pleasant and friendly person she ever had to deal with but sadly the surgery is so distracting it overshadows this, not words ever used about LJ. That woman at Oscar De La Renta is no more Lizard than it's Jeremy Paxman.

Well I did wonder what the surgeon had done to her to make her look nothing like her. The only common feature is the round face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her face isn't round, ironically that's an illusion caused by being so thin and having a deeply unflattering hair style. She had dreadful chipmunk cheeks post surgery. Her bone structure is of average symmetry, maybe a little better than average, but is more heart shaped than round.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Oh, and another high point: I was sat front row at Oscar de la Renta next to Justin Timberlake.'

Well, there seems to be an empty seat on JT's other side.

Rotten luck that the photographer swooped just after LJ had popped out to get herself a tub of vegan ice cream and a Kia Ora...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vampyre wrote: »
    Her face isn't round, ironically that's an illusion caused by being so thin and having a deeply unflattering hair style. She had dreadful chipmunk cheeks post surgery. Her bone structure is of average symmetry, maybe a little better than average, but is more heart shaped than round.

Well consider me told..... because her nickname in this house is Moonface! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Well consider me told..... because her nickname in this house is Moonface! :D

A term that makes me homicidal (blame a rude ignorant doctor shouting at a sick child like it's her fault they screwed up her meds) but I can see what you mean. My own opinion is that far from low self esteem she is so arrogant that the normal rules of appearing at your best in photos don't apply to her. She never stands with one leg in front of the other or with her arms positioned to make her torso well defined and of course she doesn't strike the standard flattering face poses. Even Marilyn (breasts, ugh!) used a few tricks like very slightly opening her mouth to look seductive but also to balance her nose with the rest of her undeniably lovely face.
  • SharanskiSharanski Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ccmc wrote: »
    And what were they doing to Sharanski??

They were having a bash and now saying they will ignore all my postings .... because they didn't like what I dared to say (boo hoo -- how dare I have a contradictory opinion that slates LJ and rubbishes the RS and his non-existance.)

Admittedly I was having a go at one of their most frequent posters, who seems to be incredibly inconsistent (just like LJ), keeps forgetting what she herself posted a few days or weeks ago (e.g. at one point said poster said "If you google KJ and Yumi there's loads about her" .... and then some time later "Has anyone googled her?" etc etc).

A poster who uses bad logic and irrational thinking, and keeps going round in circles dragging up the same (ridiculous names) for possibilities of the RS .... and then goes "tee hee, are we back to JK then?"

And they seem to think that such behaviour is normal :eek: :eek:

I mean ..... I know that when I originally read the ES article back in July I myself was also hoodwinked (briefly) by such a convincing article .... and I started to look into the astrology and any other supposed facts to support I could find.

HOWEVER, i am rational (despite occasional liking of astrology :p) and as soon as other people pointed out to me:

1. Robert Plant dating / shacked up with Patti Griffin; and

2. Jim Kerr has long standing GF of 10 year''s standing (Yumi) ... etc etc

Then I very swiftly folded into the "Yeah right, Liz is having us all on and a right old laugh" camp .........

I was only fooled briefly for a week or two.

How on earth some Mumsnet posters who have been following the saga since July 2010 STILL believe that the RS exists after 14 / 15 months of Liz's fictional diary I don't know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sencokim wrote: »
    Please may I join your gang? I promise to buy a Witchy hat when available from Tesco (has to be soon - October 31st only a heartbeat away in the retail world!)
    I have defected from Mums'Net due to mauling of Sharanskey (aka LadyDangermouse.)
    Credentials:- I was Plobert Rant on MoS comment a week or so ago, "And she's riding her stairlift, in Devon."

Thanks.

You have excellent "harpie" credentials by they way !!

The Robert Plant quote was excellent !!! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the Mumsnet posters seem to seriously think that the RS might be real :confused::confused:

That's what gets me .... I cannot understand how intelligent adult human beings can *still* believe after 14 months or more of LJ writing about the (fictitious) RS that he still exists.

THIS WAS part of my post on Mumsnet yesterday, which caused them to get all indignant for spoiling their "game" ("can we all go back to JK now? ha ha / tee hee" giggle :mad: :mad:)

================================

But LJ already mooted the idea of the RS asking her to move in a few months ago .... then she went off track for a bit .... went back to writing about the animals .... then introduced the fact that the RS has possibly another GF somewhere (who LJ refers to as "Eurotrash").

It is all arrant nonsense. She can throw in the "He asked me to move in with him / should he move in with me?" speculation every few months, but it will never happen.

Her column just keeps going round in Circles, and there never will be any denouement.

www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1340879/In-pops-question.html
    BACK IN DEC 2010 ..... he popped a question to LJ .... about whether she would live with him / live with another man.

www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1378187/In-I-weigh-pros-cons.html
    BACK IN APRIL 2011 ..... LJ got a whole column out of weighing up the pros and cons of having a relationship ..... pretty similar to her latest effort this weekend (altho this one is about the pros and cons of living together).

www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2012300/In-wants-public.html
    BACK IN JULY 2011 ..... the RS "wants to go public" ..... and one of LJ quotes has him saying: "Let’s get this out in the open"

(But of course that ain't ever gonna happen -- and this was a month or two before "in which he drops a bombshell" -- about his other GF etc).

It all goes round and round in circles ..... how many times can they have near break ups / fake ups / then he asks her to move in with him / then he will have another ex or extra GF to get rid of / then he will go touring on the road and she will write (whinge) about how lonely she is / then there will be another column in a few months in which she weighs up the pro's and con's of this long distance relationship and mulls over .... whether they should move in together again.

It is a circular story, with no ending. LJ seems to be capable of turning thin air (Mr Invisible) into regular weekly postulations !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just read this, about some nutters using names from this site for the DM comments. I would urge anyone having their ID from here used, to use their complaints form (click on 'Report abuse' under each comment), they do actually take notice of it, I've used it several times to report posts and they have usually acted on it.

I did that yesterday morning - so far all I've had is an automated response saying
    Your complaint has been noted and we are looking into the comment you highlighted

I'm not holding my breath !
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not her... but what about the woman seated to the right of Nicki Minge on photo #2 ?
    Forum Member
    I really believe she saw the picture of the lady besides Justin Timberlake and decided to say she was next to him at the show to pass the poor woman off as herself. Completely plausible in Liz's world!
    Forum Member
    I think photo 2 lady has breasts Liz would have removed. Here is the other side, proof it's her or she's lying about sitting besides JT.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrhu8xqFAT1qbjz2xo1_400.jpg
  • Nia70Nia70 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Evans interviewed JK on Radio 2 this morning... I was almost screaming at him to ask JK about Lizard!

bah!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The blackberry, the peculiar expressions on her face, the terrible hair colour. If she flashes this pic around as being her new face Alex Karidis career as fantastic plastic surgeon takes a massive hit.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This bit surprised me:
    I loved the prints and silky easiness at Clements Ribeiro, the duo whose much anticipated 2012 spring/summer collection for plus-size store Evans will be unveiled first on these pages in the very near future.
    :eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2038949/Heres-youll-wearing-NEXT-summer-From-pleats-prints-reveal-key-trends-Londons-Fashion-Week.html
  • CyanideCindyCyanideCindy Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Not her... but what about the woman seated to the right of Nicki Minge on photo #2 ?

The woman to the right of Nicki Minge (:D :D) does look a bit like LJ, but she has breasts and dangly earrings.
    I think LJ saw the photo of the woman sitting between Justin Timberlake and Ashley Whatsername and decided to say it was her.

Has she not been banned from Oscar de la Renta then?
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Oscar De La Renta show from a different angle

http://www.timberlake-justin.com/justin-at-oscar-de-la-renta-show/

DEFINATELY not our Liz.
This discussion has been closed.