Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 93)

Comments

• Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Lads night out with Doug, remember. Hang on in there ;)

It could last half an hour, and I'd watch it.

Ooft. So would I. Mmm nuzzling.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    But he didn't know about their business problems fully then, did he?

There's always something sexual when Brendan and Ste are concerned :p
    No, he didn't, but the writers did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See, I'd have loved that but at the same time, I'm not sure Brendan is making those connections yet, if you know what I mean.

Cos once he's realised there's really no difference, that'll lead to him beginning to change and I don't think he's there yet. :o

BIB: :o

Yeah, maybe he's not there yet after all. I mean, he knows that hitting Ste was wrong, but not that it's the same. It's all a little confusing for me. Emmett plays it so well, cause you get flickers of him seeming to get that it's wrong, but then there's the times when Brendan says things like Ste "winds him up." Yeah, Brendan still hasn't understood this .
  • Options
    Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still re-watching and I'm not sure if I am meant to take Ste's comment 'I guess he didn't want you for your brains.' as a sexual thing or not. If I am then Ste must think they are sleeping together.

I'm probably wrong :o
  • Options
    Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    Someone actually suggested that on the E4 article about bromances.

Sigh. :o

It would be lovely. But poor Niamh seems to have been forgotten about.
    mojo5000 wrote: »

We should have a 3rd List, of all the places that they can nuzzle each other :o

ETA - Gaga, I was thinking that. I think it can be taken as a sexual thing or just as Ste talking about them as employees.
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sigh.... :o
    hotpeanutz wrote: »
    Yeah, maybe he's not there yet after all. I mean, he knows that hitting Ste was wrong, but not that it's the same. It's all a little confusing for me. Emmett plays it so well, cause you get flickers of him seeming to get that it's wrong, but then there's the times when Brendan says things like Ste "winds him up." Yeah, Brendan still hasn't understood this .

Yeah, I mean, it's not a million miles away from his differentiation between violence towards men, and violence towards women. He thinks that that is different, and here, he cannot bear to see someone else to hurt Ste and yet, seems to be unable to control his own anger. And when he loses it, he sometimes tries to justify it, but he's not really fooling anyone.

Like, I don't think he wants to hurt Ste and I'm sure if he could control his temper, he would, but he isn't quite there yet.
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    Radio.Gaga wrote: »
    I'm still re-watching and I'm not sure if I am meant to take Ste's comment 'I guess he didn't want you for your brains.' as a sexual thing or not. If I am then Ste must think they are sleeping together.

I'm probably wrong :o
    I tend to think he suspects that they're sleeping together, or at least that Brendan's grooming Joel with that intention. From the outside, it looks very much like the early days of Brendan and Ste.

We should have a 3rd List, of all the places that they can nuzzle each other
    :o

ETA - Gaga, I was thinking that. I think it can be taken as a sexual thing or just as Ste talking about them as employees.

BIB Wherever's fuzzeh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha, yes, poor little thing. :o

Cos it was Dec they were expecting when they married, so really, I just pretend that Niamh was conceived and miscarried beforehand, then when they got pregnant with Dec, they decided to marry this time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    "I will never ever need anything off you" is blatant foreshadowing of what's to come. Ste's going to be so angry. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha, yes, poor little thing. :o

Cos it was Dec they were expecting when they married, so really, I just pretend that Niamh was conceived and miscarried beforehand, then when they got pregnant with Dec, they decided to marry this time.

Yes, I do think a lot was changed about his backstory when they decided to keep him on, and bring Declan into it. But if we fanwank it, it sort of makes sense.
    BIB Wherever's fuzzeh.

Gorgeous.
    Like, I don't think he wants to hurt Ste and I'm sure if he could control his temper, he would, but he isn't quite there yet.

Very true. I don't think he wants to hurt him at all. It must make him hate himself more than he already does. He clearly wants to protect Ste from harm and the thought of anything happening to him destroys him, so as Ste once said, hurting him is a way of hurting himself.
  • Options
    Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to think he suspects that they're sleeping together, or at least that Brendan's grooming Joel with that intention. From the outside, it looks very much like the early days of Brendan and Ste.

I was thinking that and that they have Joel being man **** with the women to show that it isn't a re-do of the Ste/Brendan stroyline, even though it may look like that to other people e.g. Ste.

I hope that Brendan tells Ste that their not together/getting together at some point.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    BIB Wherever's fuzzeh.

And wherever's smooooth.

See I'm not sure, beyond Ste's irrational sort of jealousy, that he does actually think they're sleeping together. I imagine it's more of a taunt to hetero Joel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, Ste doesn't see their one on one scenes where it's more clear that Brendan has some sort of quasi-paternal bond, and the whole project side to it and the kind of perverse kick he's getting out of turning Warren's son into a version of himself, for the craic.
    "I will never ever need anything off you" is blatant foreshadowing of what's to come. Ste's going to be so angry. :o

Oh he will. :o

But also, hopefully, he'll be successful and will see the bright side.... once he's calmed down, a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And wherever's smooooth.

Everywhere's smooth on Ste :o

Well, apart from his hairy, fuzzeh legs. Mmmmm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I do think a lot was changed about his backstory when they decided to keep him on, and bring Declan into it. But if we fanwank it, it sort of makes sense.

Yeah, if you don't overthink it, it all can slot in, easily enough. Including his time in Liverpool and what not.
    See I'm not sure, beyond Ste's irrational sort of jealousy, that he does actually think they're sleeping together. I imagine it's more of a taunt to hetero Joel.

Yeah, I kinda think that too. He maybe had the odd suspicion but it seems more like a cheap dig for the sake of having a dig, cos he doesn't know Joel well enough to use anything else against him.
    Well, apart from his hairy, fuzzeh legs. Mmmmm.

:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, if you don't overthink it, it all can slot in, easily enough. Including his time in Liverpool and what not.

Yeah, I mean at first I was a bit annoyed that they changed things, but I think it was quite a smart decision to make Declan older, because the day he introduces Ste to him as his boyfriend (please let this day come :cry:), will be wonderful.

:cool:

I hope Brendan has a good ol' leer at them when he's in his boxers.
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    And wherever's smooooth.

Wherever's wherever, really. Go for it, boys, you know you want to.

I do think it's in Ste's mind, at least as a suspicion. He had that line ages ago about Joel being more Brendan's type than Mitzeee's, and now the stuff tonight with Joel, plus Dougie's 'get a room'. I imagine it comes into his head when he wakes up at 3 in the morning and can't get back to sleep:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I mean at first I was a bit annoyed that they changed things, but I think it was quite a smart decision to make Declan older, because the day he introduces Ste to him as his boyfriend (please let this day come :cry:), will be wonderful.

I hope Brendan has a good ol' leer at them when he's in his boxers.

Yeah, I think it works better with Declan being older too, though as a rule, I'm not a fan of retconning. But yes, aww. :o

BIB: The ironing board is in the way. :cry:

ETA: Oh Sarah. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member

I do think it's in Ste's mind, at least as a suspicion. He had that line ages ago about Joel being more Brendan's type than Mitzeee's, and now the stuff tonight with Joel, plus Dougie's 'get a room'. I imagine it comes into his head when he wakes up at 3 in the morning and can't get back to sleep:(

BIB - :(

I think Ste's always had that worry. It was plain to see when he found out about Vinnie, and when he had his suspicions about Pete. Like you said, some of Broel's interactions look quite like Ste and Brendan's, on the surface at least. Ste probably thinks he's been well and truly replaced. I imagine he's torn between wanting to forget Brendan and having him out of his life, and still wanting to be the only guy for him, and for that connection between them to still exist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah he so will be. And I was thinking how Ste will react to Brendan about that, and, unlike before when he sometimes questioned why Brendan would do it (like setting Sean to sleep with Noah), I wonder if he'll think that it's all about Brendan trying to "control" him, but maybe Brendan finally have realized at that moment and blurt out that it was because he's trying to make up for the past: the hits, the failed Disneylsnd trip, the not sticking to his promise to admit to who he is on ILY day, the firing.....after therapy of course...

Then they snog.

#waitstherapyBrendan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I think it works better with Declan being older too, though as a rule, I'm not a fan of retconning. But yes, aww. :o

BIB: The ironing board is in the way. :cry:

Me neither. Like with Macca and Eileen.

Well I hope Brendan gives it a great shove out the way, then!
    I wonder if he'll think that it's all about Brendan trying to "control" him, but maybe Brendan finally have realized at that moment and blurt out that it was because he's trying to make up for the past: the hits, the failed Disneylsnd trip, the not sticking to his promise to admit to who he is on ILY day, the firing.....after therapy of course...

Aw, how great would this be?

I've got another thing I want for them when they reunite...I want them to go to Disney with the kids. It would be a beautiful moment if they finally took that holiday. I can picture it now - Ste waiting by the same busstop, anxiously looking around, thinking that maybe Brendan's going to let him down again. Then someone tapping him on the shoulder, and he turns around, and there Brendan is. Ready this time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah he so will be. And I was thinking how Ste will react to Brendan about that, and, unlike before when he sometimes questioned why Brendan would do it (like setting Sean to sleep with Noah), I wonder if he'll think that it's all about Brendan trying to "control" him, but maybe Brendan finally have realized at that moment and blurt out that it was because he's trying to make up for the past: the hits, the failed Disneylsnd trip, the not sticking to his promise to admit to who he is on ILY day, the firing.....after therapy of course...

Then they snog.

#waitstherapyBrendan

I would adore this. :o

I also think Therapy!Brendan would make an amazing episode. Like, just him, talking.
    Well I hope Brendan gives it a great shove out the way, then!

Here, Ste can't afford a new ironing board after Brendan wrecks it, you know. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I also think Therapy!Brendan would make an amazing episode. Like, just him, talking.

I know some people don't want it, but I would seriously adore it. Because Ste didn't change by himself - he had the support of anger management and counselling. It would give such an insight into his character and what makes him tick. But I don't know if we'll ever see it. Soaps don't seem to like it much. The only times I can remember seeing therapy sessions in soaps are with Zara from HO years ago (and she fell for her therapist :rolleyes:) and in EE with Syed, when he went to one of those conversion therapists. They were very powerful episodes, but obviously it didn't do him any good!
    Here, Ste can't afford a new ironing board after Brendan wrecks it, you know. ;)

But I want him to see the fuzzy legs :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know some people don't want it, but I would seriously adore it. Because Ste didn't change by himself - he had the support of anger management and counselling. It would give such an insight into his character and what makes him tick. But I don't know if we'll ever see it. Soaps don't seem to like it much. The only times I can remember seeing therapy sessions in soaps are with Zara from HO years ago (and she fell for her therapist :rolleyes:) and in EE with Syed, when he went to one of those conversion therapists. They were very powerful episodes, but obviously it didn't do him any good!

But I want him to see the fuzzy legs :cry:

I mean, yeah, I can see why it's controversial too. But really, I think, if ever they have the opportunity to try a one-hander (or at least, very close to it, with just a few lines from a therapist), then this is their best chance. It could be amazing.

Plus it wouldn't mean Brendan becomes a pacifist or anything. He'd still be the same old Brendan, with better self-control. Plus there's no guarantee it'd work either.

#AngerManagementBoxing :cool:

BIB: We all do. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I mean, yeah, I can see why it's controversial too. But really, I think, if ever they have the opportunity to try a one-hander (or at least, very close to it, with just a few lines from a therapist), then this is their best chance. It could be amazing.

Plus it wouldn't mean Brendan becomes a pacifist or anything. He'd still be the same old Brendan, with better self-control. Plus there's no guarantee it'd work either.

#AngerManagementBoxing :cool:

BIB: We all do. :(

Yes, it doesn't have to alter everything about him, it could just make him control the violence towards Ste, and realise what an impact he's had on him. The only way I can see him changing without therapy is through dealing with his issues if Pa Brady comes, or if he finds out about what Terry did to Ste.

BIB - I've always wanted this! He looked damn good in the gloves too, when he was sparring against Noah.

ES wasn't lying when she told us to hang on in there. I can almost forget the last few months after tonights episode - that's how much I enjoyed it, and how fickle I am! :p
This discussion has been closed.