Options

The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    I'm seriously starting to get worried about the car handling now.

If it's not as good as GTA IV it will completely ruin the game for me.
    mred2000 wrote: »
    You're getting worried over 2nd,3rd & 4th hand reactions to a couple of badly recorded 7 second clips which
    don't even show the protagonist driving a particularly good car anyway?

When the actual person who made those vids comments then maybe we should take a wee bit of notice...

GTA IV car handling was dog shit.

But as above, they might not have been driving properly. I know I don't drive carefully all the time and crash a lot. I only seem tio take care in the nicer cars, Comet, Banshee etc.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But as above, they might not have been driving properly. I know I don't drive carefully all the time and crash a lot. I only seem tio take care in the nicer cars, Comet, Banshee etc.

Exactly. The guy who made the vids even comments at one point about the difficulty in controlling the character whilst also trying to make the video so he's not exactly doing anything at 100%...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member

Agreed, I'm actually surprised to see someone praise it, it was easily the worst thing about GTAIV for me. If the handling is now more arcadey then I'm quite pleased if I'm honest.
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it not also be that the game's been released purposely "broken" so that any naughty types with the game early find it unplayable, only for a day 1 legit patch to sort it?
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guys over at GTA Forums are having a breakdown over the leaked gameplay. I think it looks great, it's a few 6 second clips of blurry, badly recorded footage. Can't wait to actually see it all for myself properly!
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

CJClarke wrote: »
    Agreed, I'm actually surprised to see someone praise it, it was easily the worst thing about GTAIV for me. If the handling is now more arcadey then I'm quite pleased if I'm honest.

The GTA IV handling was perfect and far more realistic than in San Andreas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guys over at GTA Forums are having a breakdown over the leaked gameplay. I think it looks great, it's a few 6 second clips of blurry, badly recorded footage. Can't wait to actually see it all for myself properly!

It's ridiculous, as I've already said in this thread, that folk are jumping to conclusions over a series of 8 second vids where a bloke is trying to control his character with one hand and film the footage on his phone with the other - and even admits that in his comments!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always amazed people had problems with the car handling in GTA4, I used an xbox360 pad and it was brilliant.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    Always amazed people had problems with the car handling in GTA4, I used an xbox360 pad and it was brilliant.

Its not that the handling had problem it was more that it was different to the handling in San Andreas. Once you got to grips with the changes the handling in GTA4 was good.
  • Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member

What in a bad way? Seriously though any images, video's etc just whet my appetite that bit more!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What in a bad way? Seriously though any images, video's etc just whet my appetite that bit more!!!

Look back through the last few pages, then. Links have been posted under spoiler tags...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tesco say its going to be £39 in store and game will be £45
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,157
    Forum Member
    Good to see the 70s Sabre make a comeback:D
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Come on Tesco, Dispatch it!!
  • Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is where I worry about having a 40 GB hard drive with the game needing 8 GB:p
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol some of them so called spoilers sounded ridiculous :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Lol some of them so called spoilers sounded ridiculous :)

I wouldn't call most of them spoilers, I was erring on the side of caution in the most part :D

Anyway, the bloke who posted all the 7 second vids has ended up with his console banned from Live by MS because he's seriously gone against R*'s T&Cs and they complained...
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For what it is worth, I thought GTA4's car handling was perfect. I hope it's about the same in GTA5.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    The youtube clips seem to be getting pulled now
  • Options
    cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »

Until someone releases more as soon as they get taken down
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »

The instagram vids are still there... plus another couple he's added this afternoon...

He's taking requests, lol

One minute ago he...
    posted a vid of him in a convertible car, putting the roof down and speeding off :D
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Its not that the handling had problem it was more that it was different to the handling in San Andreas. Once you got to grips with the changes the handling in GTA4 was good.

I remember the motorcycles being difficult to control in GTA4, something they addressed for TLAD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call most of them spoilers, I was erring on the side of caution in the most part :D

Anyway, the bloke who posted all the 7 second vids has ended up with his console banned from Live by MS because he's seriously gone against R*'s T&Cs and they complained...

Really, do you have a link to an article about him being banned?

Surely he has done nothing wrong, if he was sent the game early what is he suppose to do, just not open one of the most anticipated games of the generation
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Really, do you have a link to an article about him being banned?

Surely he has done nothing wrong, if he was sent the game early what is he suppose to do, just not open one of the most anticipated games of the generation

Quote:
    The Rockstar policy on posting copyrighted material from its games is very clear: "Pre-Release Footage: No pre-release leaked footage of any kind: Any posting of in-game footage from leaked copies of the game prior to its official release date will be taken down, regardless of how the game was obtained. This includes “early unboxing” videos."

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12031-infamous-gta-v-leaker-jsticks11-account-banned.html