New major 10 part drama Jekyll & Hyde ITV

H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just seen a teaser trailer for ITV's new big budget Autumn fantasy/adventure drama series Jekyll & Hyde

This is the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNxn7YHwyb0

Starts this Autumn

Comments

• Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm rather looking forward to this and by the looks of dress and decor I'm glad it's being set as a period piece during Victoria's reign and when the book was written.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This & Frankenstein? I think someone is find their niche.

Trailer wasn't doing it for me.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to feature, werewolves, vampires, ghouls etc. I can' wait to see this.
  • Paul_MountPaul_Mount Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I'm rather looking forward to this and by the looks of dress and decor I'm glad it's being set as a period piece during Victoria's reign and when the book was written.

It's actually set in 1930s London. I visited the set earlier this year and they've really thrown serious money at it. The presentation reel shown at MCM ComicCon the other week was sensational. If this is up against Dr Who this autumn then I think the Doctor is in trouble...
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info regarding the period. Well at least the production is still a period piece and the attitudes and values that people held during that time are still relatively related to that of those from the last years of the Nineteenth Century.
    Saying that, the garden party attitudes of the 'bright young things' movement that came in around the mid 1920s and continued well up to the start of the war would make for more interesting visuals and plot devices when Hyde is on the mischievous loose.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_Mount wrote: »
    It's actually set in 1930s London. I visited the set earlier this year and they've really thrown serious money at it. The presentation reel shown at MCM ComicCon the other week was sensational. If this is up against Dr Who this autumn then I think the Doctor is in trouble...

Would you say it look like a hit? I hope the scripts don't let it down, but I have faith that ITV wouldn't commission such an expensive drama with weak scripts, given its heir first big new fantasy series.

They a;so have Beowulf to come in Spring next year. That looks to have cost a bomb too.