Options

Kesha's 2012 Return

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
Forum Member
Ke$ha is planning to release a new album in Spring 2012. I find Ke$ha very like marmite and I'm still not sure about her. In the one breath she represents everything I shouldn't like, generic dance electro-pop with no real talent or edge.

At the same time I'm absolutely addicted to her albums if that makes any sense. She's had some of the catchiest tracks of the past two years including Tik Tok, Take It Off, We R Who We R and my favorite, Blow.

Now she's planning a return (can't really call it a comeback) reinventing herself with a more rock and roll sound. Sadly I think this will be the end of Kesha. She's not going to go from singing about partying getting drunk and having sex to becoming a revolutionary rock star. I feel she'll still have the same lyrics but with a more rock orientated sound instead of her usual auto-tuned voice and over-processed melodies and bass-lines which I feel is what made her successful.

What do you think, will Ke$ha make a successful transition into the 'rock' genre?

Comments

• Options
    AdcmAdcm Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to hate her until she released 'Take It Off', at the time it was the only song I could tolerate. Then she released 'We R Who We R' and I loved it so downloaded Cannibal, and I also like the song 'Animal'.
  • Options
    DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the two new songs that have leaked, she's gonna do very well again!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Dynopia wrote: »
    Judging by the two new songs that have leaked, she's gonna do very well again!

really? i thought they were awful, but then i try my best not to like her
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and Kesha have an odd musical relationship. She can't sing and her production for her music is awful. But she can write a good pop song.

I will happily check out her new era. I did like Animal but Cannibal was too awful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find some of Kesha's material is enjoyable but her overuse of auto-tune annoys me, I want to know if she actually has some kind of vocal talent, I know she does in terms of her writing.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    I find some of Kesha's material is enjoyable but her overuse of auto-tune annoys me, I want to know if she actually has some kind of vocal talent, I know she does in terms of her writing.

IIRc there's summat on youtube (not sure if still there and can't be arsed to look it up) purporting to be her live vocal in the studio before they used the old autotune and it's horrendous so it's probably best she stick with the programme.

PS Had a change of heart on the 'can't be arsed' and here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVjy2zyQ7Oo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danom8 wrote: »
    Ke$ha is planning to release a new album in Spring 2012. I find Ke$ha very like marmite and I'm still not sure about her. In the one breath she represents everything I shouldn't like, generic dance electro-pop with no real talent or edge.

At the same time I'm absolutely addicted to her albums if that makes any sense. She's had some of the catchiest tracks of the past two years including Tik Tok, Take It Off, We R Who We R and my favorite, Blow.

Now she's planning a return (can't really call it a comeback) reinventing herself with a more rock and roll sound. Sadly I think this will be the end of Kesha. She's not going to go from singing about partying getting drunk and having sex to becoming a revolutionary rock star. I feel she'll still have the same lyrics but with a more rock orientated sound instead of her usual auto-tuned voice and over-processed melodies and bass-lines which I feel is what made her successful.

What do you think, will Ke$ha make a successful transition into the 'rock' genre?

i smell her that her 15 mins of fame is up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can sing very well on ballads and country stuff. I think she'll do well as rock seems to be "cool" at the moment as long as she doesn't go too rock (not death metal lol). She was on Alice Cooper's new album recently as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    This is a little unrelated, but I checked out her Wikipedia page. It said that she has been nominated for different music awards 26 times, but only won one of them.

That made me laugh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    IIRc there's summat on youtube (not sure if still there and can't be arsed to look it up) purporting to be her live vocal in the studio before they used the old autotune and it's horrendous so it's probably best she stick with the programme.

Oh dear....if she sung like that on an X Factor audition she'd be laughed off the stage!!
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I quite like Kesha, I would like to see her do something slightly different from her normal stuff though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »

She has an army of unprocessed demos with an ok voice. Nothing specifically special in her tone or power but she makes up for it in her catchy pop hook writing.

Here's a demo or two of hers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Wof32u1-Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LsfqmcfpWY
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ke$ha is odd as the OP stated i should hate her she is the music i loved at 12 but in the same breath she transcends generations and her music is fun infectious and catchy and what i like is she knows she is no gaga or Madonna she knows her strengths and plays to them and in the process creates great pop albums, so if she tweaks the formula gets a bit more edge she could do very well there is still a market there for her.
  • Options
    spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »

That's not actually from the studio is it though? I thought it was a live performance? Still bad though, obvs.

I hope she keeps her dance sound though, An album full of songs like Party At A Rich Dude's House would be fine. :)

Kesha singing well while a woman pisses in the background; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB7QPCCwui8
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy Kesha for what she is. She's not particularly talented, but her songs are fun and catchy and she seems to be well aware of her limitations. Instead of taking things so seriously, I just try to enjoy her songs for what they are.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I like Ke$ha. I think she's a good song-writer, and I like her as a person too. I admire her attitude to life.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aw, I misread the title as "Keisha":(