Options

Endeavour is back soon!

Comments

• Options
    Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    The dead girl was supposed to be away from the school for the summer. What was she doing there?

She'd lied to her family about were she was for the Summer. She said she was staying with a friend. But she was hiding out in the school so they could do their pranks.
  • Options
    enna_genna_g Posts: 2,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    The dead girl was supposed to be away from the school for the summer. What was she doing there?

I think she stayed on in secret so that she could torment (haunt) the girls who were bullying them. Three of them were in on it - the little Anglo Indian girl - can't remember her name and Bunty.
    I enjoyed this episode much better than last week. It was atmospheric and easier to follow. Quite intrigued by the masonic link and wonder whose the gloved hand is.
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enna_g wrote: »
    Quite intrigued by the masonic link and wonder whose the gloved hand is.

I suspect the Detective Sergeant.
  • Options
    matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    I suspect the Detective Sergeant.

No - surely it must be Strange.
  • Options
    fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matchmaker wrote: »
    No - surely it must be Strange.

But he was in the pub? Best time to take it would be when everyone was watching the football.

I think it's Thursday's boss (can't remember his name or rank).
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the gloved hand belong to a man?
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Does the gloved hand belong to a man?

I expect so masons are males,I think its his Buddy the Police man whos name I forget
  • Options
    Janet_WebsterJanet_Webster Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    It's not Reg Bright.

Senior police officers wore brown leather gloves.
  • Options
    ellie1167ellie1167 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect so masons are males,I think its his Buddy the Police man whos name I forget

As the gloved man is being set up as a baddie tampering with evidence etc, it surely won't be Strange as he's one of the 'heroes' of the original Morse. Unless it's being set up as an explanation of how Morse's inferior, who flunked his sargeants exam, ends up his superior. Would take some of the gloss off the original character.
  • Options
    fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not Reg Bright.

Senior police officers wore brown leather gloves.

Good point - I'd forgotten that.

Maybe it's the other detective - the one who looks down his nose at Morse.
  • Options
    Janet_WebsterJanet_Webster Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I checked. Reg Bright was wearing brown gloves in the final scene of the latest episode.

My money is on Fred Thursday as the masonic agent. As a uniform PC Strange would stand out a mile wanderng around CID.
  • Options
    ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, I reckon it's Thursday as well.
  • Options
    BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    The villain murdered the victim with a slash across the throat, using an open razor. Wouldn't that have caused the murderer to be drenched in blood?

It makes sense if what we saw wasn't the actual moment of the murder, but just what Morse - who gets squeamish around blood - imagined had happened. The murderer could also have made sure to bring a change of clothes, just in case.

On a different note, did anyone else notice the James Bond reference in the episode?
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As i said before,it can't be Strange who took evidence in the two episode. At least, not in the first one.
    In the first episode, the notebook disapeared from the scene of the crime at the beginning; Morse was complaining he saw it at the scene but not at the station. And Strange asked Morse later than that in the story if he should join the Mason. So i don't think it could be him in the first episode.
    So if not, it would be weird if it were him in the second.

At this point, iM not sure who it is. There's the possibility we haven't met him yet. But if i had to bet, i would say Thursday for the dramatic value. I would be so disapointed, i'm sure many would too.

Well, as long as Morse gets him in the end. I mean expose him publicly at least.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    BigDaveX wrote: »
    It makes sense if what we saw wasn't the actual moment of the murder, but just what Morse - who gets squeamish around blood - imagined had happened. The murderer could also have made sure to bring a change of clothes, just in case.

On a different note, did anyone else notice the James Bond reference in the episode?[/QUOTE]
    Yes, glad someone else saw it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffa1 wrote: »
    Yup, I reckon it's Thursday as well.

That would be a complete echo of Roger's role coincidentally with Shaun in Ashes to Ashes.
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,776
    Forum Member
    Why do I get the nasty feeling that
    something bad is going to happen to Mrs Thursday
    ? Spoilers in case I'm right.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    That blind chap looks suspicious!
  • Options
    spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's Mrs Slocombe and Captain Peacock?
  • Options
    standinmanstandinman Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Such a shame that continuity has gone out of the window ,in respect of the poppies ,plastic stems didn't come in until the 1990s prior to that they were in wire !
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this guy is the killer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »

What Wallace off Wallace & Gromit?? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reg Bright is so obnoxious on the episodes I love him on the show :D
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Mr_XcX wrote: »

Which guy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    What Wallace off Wallace & Gromit?? :o

:D

With some of ITV's plots I would not be surprised. Cannot learn any of the names of these characters in the 2 hours its on :blush: