Options

Car S.O.S.

Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
Forum Member
✭✭
Couldn't find a thread about this, anyone else watching it (CH4/Discovery)? I thought it was going to be a rubbish Wheeler Dealers rip off before I'd seen it, but it's really good. 'Fuzz' Townshend is the Edd China type, Tim Shaw is nearly as annoying as Mike Brewer as the sidekick. Works well!

Comments

• Options
    CanonMan75CanonMan75 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I've been watching it too, and it's been good so far.

Fuzz seems alright but Tim Shaw is a bit of a plonker!
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Watched the series when it was on Nat Geo earlier in the year, thought it was alright
  • Options
    able1able1 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim Shaw comes across as a complete idiot, trying too hard to be funny and failing abysmally.
    His lack of knowledge for a confessed enthusiast is staggering at times.

Fuzz obviously knows his stuff and appears to run a very busy restoration business.

The staff in the background appear to be pretty miserable in the main, and seem to want little or no involvement with the camera - an unusual state of affairs.

Having said that it is probably one of the best for actually showing the hands on restoration, and the nightmare scenarios often encountered with classics.

Fuzz is a top man.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I watched a couple of episodes of this after the Glenister show finished on C4.

Not my thing really. I agree with the above about the guy who tries to be funny and doesn't seem to know much about what he's supposed to be an expert on.

I just get fed up, not just this show but similar shows, when they keep saying 'will they get the part' 'will the restoration be finished in time' erm.....yes. When has one of these shows not had the finished car at the end of the show?
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the show, but the justifications for helping the people whose car's they fix seem to seem to be getting weaker. While they have helped some people who had terrible illness etc, but then they had a son who didn't have an Anglia like the rest of his family (Oh the inhumanity!) And they also had a guy who had a job that was well enough paid that he had a company car, but then he was made redundant, as if that that was a major tragedy in someone life!