World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXV (Spoilers)

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who did the mighty ryback cripple during this weeks RAW then? :D

(I'm watching tonight via hulu ... He wasn't in last weeks 90min version) :o
  • PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    Best thing about RAW is Manure was Kane tripping over Orton in full view. :p

Orton really is becoming fun to watch again. Loving the current version of him.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Regarding the after show match
    I would assume Rusev is going to have that belt for a while, maybe till about Wrestlemania to Summerslam time

Hope it's included in the hulu version!!! :blush:
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess Orton is gonna be the surprise final man on the Cena team. I must say, Cena not being on the show was hugely refreshing.

Nice to see Dolph getting to interact with Triple H and Stephanie as well - a sign that he's gonna get a good chance finally?
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Hope it's included in the hulu version!!! :blush:

Bad it was not in the main show:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best thing about RAW is Manure was Kane tripping over Orton in full view. :p

Orton really is becoming fun to watch again. Loving the current version of him.

Oh God, that was great. A true Botchamania moment in the making.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it will happen but if they are doing a power struggle between Vince vs Triple H & Stephanie it would be great if Shane O'Mac Returned to side with Vince
  • seibuseibu Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching Raw now. Man, that Vince appearance and little speech about the network really drove home how little they care about the UK.
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Thought Raw was an ok show this week I just dont understand why they had Sheamus/Rusev on the Network instead of having it on Raw I would rather have watched that than another Show/Henry match with the amount of Network mentions on last nights show I do question whether WWE actually cares about their UK fans.
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They defs got something with rusev. Very surprised though that they quickshot the Sheamus match and feud into a win already after a week? But they must have something jp their sleeve.

Orton is as always, the best part of the show (when Jericho ain't there)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    They defs got something with rusev. Very surprised though that they quickshot the Sheamus match and feud into a win already after a week? But they must have something jp their sleeve.

Orton is as always, the best part of the show (when Jericho ain't there)

I think it was just a way to get some buzz about the Network with the beginning of the whole free thing. Not sure why they really felt the need to do that though when they have a free PPV coming up.
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its so sad though that they have a huge list of guys innthe show last night that are stale and totes ha uninteresting. Liiiiiiiiike....(breathes in)

Henry
    Show
    Usos
    Cesaro
    Sheamus
    Titus
    Every diva in the company bar Nikki Bella, and Paige kinda after her Summer Rae thing on sd. Haahaa.
    El Matadores
    Gold and stardust
    Commentators
    Titus O Neill
    ___

Everyone and everything outside of Main Event and Miz n Mizdow.

Amazing to see McMahon though, brilliant performer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Raw was an ok show this week I just dont understand why they had Sheamus/Rusev on the Network instead of having it on Raw I would rather have watched that than another Show/Henry match with the amount of Network mentions on last nights show I do question whether WWE actually cares about their UK fans.

They clearly don't since the Network was delayed 2 weeks ago and now is off the table indefinitely after only 15 minutes notice. Considering the state they are in financially, annoying potential subscribers while mocking PPV viewers who can't get the Network or choose to order via a PPV option, behaving in the way they have is catching up with them quickly. This carnival barker slick talking hype nonsense is not going to wash now they are in the doldrums and investors are looking for accountability for the company losing a third of it's value in the space of 48 hours this year. I can genuinely see them being reduced to a much meagre state in the next 5-6 years with fewer and fewer international tour dates if they keep this up, to the degree they'll be the biggest fish in a very small pond they helped to shrink much like back in the early to mid 90s. They need to act prudently now or else they will have a bleaker future. 170 countries and only 731k subscribers, including those using IP spoofer software in other regions... I genuinely think WWE could knock itself down a peg or two if in two years time the Network is still nowhere near 2.2 million, they've no PPV distribution and still can't offer the full service unconditionally internationally. This time next year will be very interesting... the post Mania and Summer Slam conference calls in particular. If Mania next year on the Network isn't north of a million at least, it's going to be damning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the tail end of the Sheamus/Rusev match. That was the first time in years where a mid level title change felt like the biggest of deals. And yet they hid it on the Network.

The downside is that it wasn't an American that Rusev beat for the title. But other than that it was a great moment.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Just watched the tail end of the Sheamus/Rusev match. That was the first time in years where a mid level title change felt like the biggest of deals. And yet they hid it on the Network.

The downside is that it wasn't an American that Rusev beat for the title. But other than that it was a great moment.

Should have happened on a PPV with videos of people saying they need to keep the title off Rusev because of what he is and represents, Have it seem a big thing for a midcard title

They didn't make a big enough deal of it sadly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Should have happened on a PPV with videos of people saying they need to keep the title off Rusev because of what he is and represents, Have it seem a big thing for a midcard title

Yeah, Hogan was tweeting about it but if they waited to the PPV, they could have got him, Flair etc. to talk about the legacy of the title, how much they love America and all that. Still, at least the belt means something now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »

Exactly. Have Swagger, Big Show, Big E all approach Sheamus wishing him luck... have Mark Henry explain he puts people in the Hall of Pain, "that's what I do!" and if he couldn't do it then no way can Sheamus... build up the title change, don't have him job to Tyson Kidd for no apparent reason and then lose the belt. Surely after beating Sheamus, Kidd should have got in on the match as the last person to get a win over Sheamus? This is my issue. Simple, logical booking helps everyone. TV main events mean something. Rusev winning on the Network cheats USA Network out of their main event, makes the title change seem less important and almost an afterthought even though it was meant to be an exclusive treat... this is just terribly bad from both a booking and business stand point in light of the retraction of the Network being offered in the UK. Large parts of two of their largest markets likely did not see the title change, they might as well have done it on a house show. This should have been a big deal to promote and cash in on.
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raw was quite something this week. Vince returning, a title change, Kane tripping over and the magic that was anything involving the Authority in any way. Plus WWE mentioned a Network once or twice.

This Orton/Rollins feud has been everything I was hoping it would be and more and it's a shame Randy's off filming for a few weeks now as the last few weeks he's been on the biggest roll of any superstar.
    Those two, Dolph and the Rest of the Authority (and Vince) pretty much single-handedly saved Raw. The first hour had some huge issues (the ridiculous ad break, the very random stipulation addition for Team Cena v Team Authority, The Network being mentioned a billion times) but as soon as Dolph came out the show improved no end and the Authority/Dolph segment was fantastic (note to WWE: That's how you put a superstar) and anything that followed involving Orton and Rollins was wonderful.

For all the terrible storylines and annoying things WWE do, those sorts of segments remind me why I keep watching.

Other notes:
    -That Tyson Kidd victory was quite the surprise. And when did Natalya start looking that beautiful?
    -That title change on it and the billion mentions of it during Raw suggest WWE are panicing about the Network big time.
    - I enjoyed the 'debut/return' video packages and Rowan's surprise return.

A 6/10 Raw for me - with a point deducted for each 10,000 mentions of the Network. Not a perfect show at all but certainly a memorable one that leaves me wanting more (of anything that isn't a Network mention).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the reason they put it on the Network I think. Vince clearly want panic stations over the Network and so they decided to throw a biggish moment on there so people feel they have to subscribe.

I certainly didn't expect thst Raw to be that eventful and produce so many talking points though - though still less talking points than WWE Network mentions during the show and WWE App downloads (14 million and counting). :D

Raw ratings grew hugely too this week - up 0.3 million from last week and with a 4 million+ average with Hour 2 getting the highest ratings. Well deserved too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    I guess Orton is gonna be the surprise final man on the Cena team. I must say, Cena not being on the show was hugely refreshing.

Nice to see Dolph getting to interact with Triple H and Stephanie as well - a sign that he's gonna get a good chance finally?

I'm beginning to think Dolph might be out the doghouse now after the last 10 days. :D

That Authority promo segment with Ziggler though was how you put over a superstar rather than covering someone with poop or having a face doing a 'burial promo' about them or doing a "hilarious" comedy routine about them.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    That's the reason they put it on the Network I think. Vince clearly want panic stations over the Network and so they decided to throw a biggish moment on there so people feel they have to subscribe.

It wouldn't surprise me if a Network exclusive match after the Raw broadcast is over becomes a regular event.

By the way, you missed Ryback v Titus O'Neill last night.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Cena for a week and ratings shoot back up. Coincidence? I think not. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me if a Network exclusive match after the Raw broadcast is over becomes a regular event.

By the way, you missed Ryback v Titus O'Neill last night.:D

Probably will - and if subscriber numbers fall more and more it'll probably soon turn into an extra 1-hour show. :D

I did watch the rest of the show - and skipped that segment very quickly. :D

And of course WWE would never do this (since Cena is earmarked for it) but I think it'd be interesting to see a heel (U.S or not) be the one to defeat Rusev. It'd be interesting to see how the crowd would react and quite funny if it were someone like Cesaro who was the one to defeat Rusev.
    FMKK wrote: »
    No Cena for a week and ratings shoot back up. Coincidence? I think not. ;)

It's odd how some of the best Raws of the year have involved no Cena at all. :p

I think the show really benefitted from not having to be 'all about Cena' because of his absence and without the show having to be dominated by him being a) shouty, b)OTT super-serious and yelling 'Jack' all the time, c)telling jokes or d)Any combination of the above.
    Where was Cena anyway this week? Not that I'm complaining but curious.

The concern I have is I just know it'll end up all about Cena 'overcoming the odds' again at Survivor Series with the Authority's comments to Ziggler on Raw about if Team Cena wins 'it being only about Cena'' being worryingly prophetic but still I'll enjoy that at least this week's show had a lot to enjoy.

And I think this week proves why I've always thought it's ridiculous to group Cena and Orton in together - two very different superstars in terms of booking and character and how they appear on-screen and their off-screen personalities and hardly the same. They both are worth millions, aren't bad looking and debuted in 2002 and have won several World Titles - that's where the similarities end.
    It's basically like saying Otunga and Barrett are the same as each other in all honesty. In other words utter rubbish.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    The concern I have is I just know it'll end up all about Cena 'overcoming the odds' again at Survivor Series with the Authority's comments to Ziggler on Raw about if Team Cena wins 'it being only about Cena'' being worryingly prophetic but still I'll enjoy that at least this week's show had a lot to enjoy.

Imagine the internet meltdown if Cena overcame 5 on 1 odds to win.:o:D
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious about Xavier Woods' new gimmick. It's another stereotypical "black guy" gimmick, but it'll be interesting to see how far they'll push him. I hope they do something with Kofi and Big E too, who've also disappeared for months.
This discussion has been closed.