gay couple and three surrogate mothers

12346»

Comments

• roger_purvisroger_purvis Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    There are plenty of women who can't or don't wish to breast feed either, so what's that got to do with anything... :confused:

Advice is to breadt feed if poss. Its best for baby. Wont happen for these three poor kids.
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Advice is to breadt feed if poss. Its best for baby. Wont happen for these three poor kids.

I know what the advice is, but there are plenty of healthy babies who aren't breast fed for whatever reason, so my point stands...
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    I know what the advice is, but there are plenty of healthy babies who aren't breast fed for whatever reason, so my point stands...

Stop speaking common sense it don't belong on DS.:D
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    zelda fan wrote: »
    Stop speaking common sense it don't belong on DS.:D

Hangs head in shame.... :(

Writes out 100 times 'I should know better....' :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also they will not be able to breastfeed.

I agree breastfeeding's very important but it is possible to employ a woman to breastfeed your baby if it's natural mother can't, and, which is less good but still something, you can feed babies donated human milk or buy human milk, (some people think men can breastfeed too but I won't go there :D )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if the child had any choice he would chose straight parents as opposed to gay parents.
    I have seen plenty of interviews with children growing up with gay parents, and not one of them has said they wish their parents were straight. A little challenge for you to find one (preferably not on an American evangelical Christian website).
    Dolls wrote: »
    I'm not against people in same-sex relationships having children but I do think producing a baby who won't be cared for and brought up by a mother, (as well as a father/fathers) extremely concerning and probably a very bad idea. A baby and a young child needs a female parent around in my opinion, and I think a growing child needs a mother or mother figure in order not to be emotionally deprived, to grow up emotionally healthy and probably to be able to relate well to women also. I guess it's possible for a baby to grow up without a mother and be unimpaired, given enough fatherly love, as sometimes people have to when their mother dies when they're a baby and i've heard/read these say they haven't missed their mother. I hope these babies grow up to be ok and wish the family the best.
    And again, there have been plenty of studies of children growing up with two same-sex parents, and none of the studies have shown them doing poorly in any respect at all. It seems to cause literally no problems: they do not have a higher rate of depression or school exclusion or any other index of a poor quality life.

Fewer than 50% of mothers breastfeed by the end of week one, and fewer than a quarter by the end of week 6. Breastfeeding really is the exception still.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And again, there have been plenty of studies of children growing up with two same-sex parents, and none of the studies have shown them doing poorly in any respect at all. It seems to cause literally no problems: they do not have a higher rate of depression or school exclusion or any other index of a poor quality life.

Yes but wouldn't that mostly be female couples? I stand corrected if wrong but I get the impression that male couples having children via surrogates is a fairly new phenomena, whereas yes female couples have been having families via donors for the last couple of decades, in much greater numbers, albeit often with some contact with the donor father though, even though it may not be much contact.