Why do I have to let them in my home??????

Comments

• Steve_MiddllingSteve_Middlling Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Well to sum up.....My answer to my question is........The reason they think I should "let them into my home is" so they can check my ariel is unplugged from my TV. (not sure what this would prove cos I could plug it in after they leave). The main reason for this is because all these years of brain washing me was lies. HANDHELD DETECTORS HA, if these really worked they would not need to get in, would they?

Since waking up to the con (only this year slow I know) I have learned just how far they are willing to go to protect their "legal protection racket"

As for people being payed to "bang on about how good the bbc are" well I have come to think that there could be 2 answers and I am not sure what I think yet.

1. They are employed by the BBC (from licence payers money instead of making good tv) to haunt these forums 24/7.

2. They are not employed to say anything about the bbc they just do cos they want to. (I do not like this answer much cos they seem a bit too much, BUT it is true that in internet land such people may exist.)

Also I have learned I can live with out funding a TV station I do not watch.

In these hard times a lot of people need to save money where they can, I now think that people should be made aware of all legal ways they can save some money.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I have already posted the TV licence clearly states that you don't have to let them into your home. End of thread.
  • msimmsim Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to sum up.....My answer to my question is........The reason they think I should "let them into my home is" so they can check my ariel is unplugged from my TV. (not sure what this would prove cos I could plug it in after they leave). The main reason for this is because all these years of brain washing me was lies. HANDHELD DETECTORS HA, if these really worked they would not need to get in, would they?

Since waking up to the con (only this year slow I know) I have learned just how far they are willing to go to protect their "legal protection racket"

As for people being payed to "bang on about how good the bbc are" well I have come to think that there could be 2 answers and I am not sure what I think yet.

1. They are employed by the BBC (from licence payers money instead of making good tv) to haunt these forums 24/7.

2. They are not employed to say anything about the bbc they just do cos they want to. (I do not like this answer much cos they seem a bit too much, BUT it is true that in internet land such people may exist.)

In these hard times a lot of people need to save money where they can, I now think that people should be made aware of all legal ways they can save some money.

Bla bla bla bla bla :rolleyes:

I take it your failure to bother posting a link to this supposed YouTube video, despite numerous requests to do so, means it never existed at all and as suspected, this whole thread was just a wind up mission. You lot really need a new tactic - your current trolling is just so transparent...
  • dynamicsdynamics Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your contrived posting is obvious and agenda transparent. Give our regards to TVLR.;)
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,713
    Forum Member

So, to sum up, you knew the answer before you posted the question.

Because you are a member of a board that threatens DS forum members with allegations of "liking young girls" and other such forms of low-life behaviour.

This whole thread has been wind up excercise. Fact and reasons don't come into it, you just want to "fectheBBC"....
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,751
    Forum Member
    Well to sum up.....My answer to my question is........The reason they think I should "let them into my home is" so they can check my ariel is unplugged from my TV. (not sure what this would prove cos I could plug it in after they leave).

I think you've known all this from the beginning because your thread title is at odds with the damming evidence you yourself quoted from the letter you had.

Would you be commercially involved with not live TV website or company, your messages come across like you selling something.
  • dynamicsdynamics Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    I think you've known all this from the beginning because your thread title is at odds with the damming evidence you yourself quoted from the letter you had.

Would you be commercially involved with not live TV website or company, your messages come across like you selling something.

Only selling TVLR propaganda.:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    As I have already posted the TV licence clearly states that you don't have to let them into your home. End of thread.

It is is end of thread (discussion) when people stop posting:confused: ain't it?
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »

I knew what I had learned from a few different websites but a lot of it contradicted each other so I wanted to discuss things openly live with real people.

And no I am not employed to spam anyone, I am a real 41 year old bloke that has worked and payed the LF all my life. I lost my job before xmas and in the new year I started to look how I could save some money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Personally I think the biggest con is the rule that in multiple occupancy homes if there are locks on bedroom doors for example you need more than one TV licence for the same premises.

There are 244,000 licences issued to households who already have one. That's £35.5m of revenue that I feel isn't justified.

There are also 1m more over 75 pensioners claiming free TV licences now than when the scheme was introduced. The government has to pay for these "free" licences. That's £588m per year.

The BBC in total gets £3.681 billion per year from the 25m TV Licences.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew what I had learned from a few different websites but a lot of it contradicted each other so I wanted to discuss things openly live with real people.

And no I am not employed to spam anyone, I am a real 41 year old bloke that has worked and payed the LF all my life. I lost my job before xmas and in the new year I started to look how I could save some money.

And still the link to this supposed YouTube video is not forthcoming...

Seems so incredibly odd you would go to the trouble of filming something, uploading it, creating a thread on a (supposedly) totally new forum you've never used before to highlight its contents, and then when asked to supply said link, you don't. Very, very odd... :rolleyes:

Oh look, what a total coincidence and *complete* surprise. Look what someone posted over at TVLR thug board...
    http://tinypic.com/r/xlzcz7/6

Funny that isn't it Steve_Middlling/feckthebbc...
  • cyril-furrcyril-furr Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coulsontom wrote: »
    Personally I think the biggest con is the rule that in multiple occupancy homes if there are locks on bedroom doors for example you need more than one TV licence for the same premises.

There are 244,000 licences issued to households who already have one. That's £35.5m of revenue that I feel isn't justified.

There are also 1m more over 75 pensioners claiming free TV licences now than when the scheme was introduced. The government has to pay for these "free" licences. That's £588m per year.

The BBC in total gets £3.681 billion per year from the 25m TV Licences.

The BBC is doing something good though (pause for drum roll:D) Next tuesday, BBC4 shows the classic I Claudius at 10pm for the first time in many years.

Probably it was cheap from the archive, but it is still brilliant I have the DVD set, before you go on about TV Licences Mikw:) There, that hurt for me to praise the BBC of 1970:eek:, but the BBC was a very different corporation in those days - even if we did not know of the Savile goings-on then.
    Forum Member
    msim wrote: »
    And still the link to this supposed YouTube video is not forthcoming...

Seems so incredibly odd you would go to the trouble of filming something, uploading it, creating a thread on a (supposedly) totally new forum you've never used before to highlight its contents, and then when asked to supply said link, you don't. Very, very odd... :rolleyes:

The video was uploaded to youtube the same day he came, the reason I am not eager to post my link is.....it is on my personal YT channel has contains vids of my family and friends, I have seen how some people on here are, so not sure I want to share my holiday videos with them, how do I know people will not spam up my channel with nastyness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The video was uploaded to youtube the same day he came, the reason I am not eager to post my link is.....it is on my personal YT channel has contains vids of my family and friends, I have seen how some people on here are, so not sure I want to share my holiday videos with them, how do I know people will not spam up my channel with nastyness.

Translation number 1 - it doesnt exist.

Tranlsation number 2 - youre a member of the TV Licence Resistance Forum called feckthebbc who "signed up (here on Thursday) for a laugh" and this whole exercise has been one of your lots pathetic troll missions.

Any other lies you want to spin out?

btw my regards to the TVLR forum. I see my name is mentioned on there again. Which one of you is going to threaten me this time?
    Forum Member
    Translation number 1 - it doesnt exist.

Tranlsation number 2 - youre a member of the TV Licence Resistance Forum called feckthebbc who "signed up (here on Thursday) for a laugh" and this whole exercise has been one of your lots pathetic troll missions.

Any other lies you want to spin out?

You have been watching too much Columbo, but it does exist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have been watching too much Columbo, but it does exist.

Give up the pathetic games. Amazing someone almost twice my age behaves like this. You've been found out. Game over :rolleyes:
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason they think I should "let them into my home is" so they can check my ariel is unplugged from my TV. (not sure what this would prove cos I could plug it in after they leave).

This is the bit I've tried to explain, several times (without success), to those FMs who say "just let them in and prove you don't need a TV Licence".

I say again, you can't prove you don't watch live TV, because all the inspection can prove is, the TV they are looking at is, at the time of the visit, incapable of receiving live TV broadcasts.

It's not proof that it wasn't being used for live TV watching, immediately before the visit, nor that it won't be so used, immediately after the visit.

Nor is it proof you don't have other TVs secreted away, or that you don't view live TV via other devices.

In simple terms, you cannot prove the negative!
  • swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since I got my new faster broadband I have unlimited things to watch and I choose where I watch, but I have noticed that when I switch between netflix and lovefilm they do not send somebody to see if I am lying.

Don't need a licence for those, plus if you stopped paying them, they would stop supplying you quite quickly!
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I can understand the frustration of the OP.

A couple of years ago, I bought a house that had been empty for 3 years and completely renovated it. So for three years, and the best part of the year that it was completely uninhabitable, the property was still getting red-topped warning notices.

So much for detectioon vans. If they truly had that technology, then they will have known that not a single TV signal would have broadcast in the house during the 3 years it was vacant!

Once we got the keys to the house and started work and discovered all these letters, I would have responded, if it wasn't for the threatening tone of them. I thought it was downright rude that anyone who didn't have a TV licence (and no TV equipment) should have to receive these threatening letters, so I didn't bother to respond, and just eventually bought a TV licence a year later when we were set to move in.

It's pretty conclusive proof (if any were still necessary) that these TV detection vans are a con. Would they still waste admin on a house that was empty for 3 years if they actually worked?
    Forum Member
    Give up the pathetic games. Amazing someone almost twice my age behaves like this. You've been found out. Game over :rolleyes:

:confused:pathetic games? Look mate I am just a normal bloke who wants talk about stuff :confused:If you do not like "the way I have behaved in this thread" why are you reading and posting in it?

And I have been found out?????? what is that about?:confused:

And Game over?? :confused:again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:pathetic games? Look mate I am just a normal bloke who wants talk about stuff :confused:If you do not like "the way I have behaved in this thread" why are you reading and posting in it?

And I have been found out?????? what is that about?:confused:

And Game over?? :confused:again

A YouTube account is free to create. Create a new one that has no personal information on it. Upload this video. Provide the link. Everyone knows you wont because it doesn't exist.
    Forum Member
    A YouTube account is free to create. Create a new one that has no personal information on it. Upload this video. Provide the link. Everyone knows you wont because it doesn't exist.

OK so I take time to make up a new email and youtube account upload the vid to it and then copy/paste the link here......... What will that prove?????????
    Forum Member
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    This is the bit I've tried to explain, several times (without success), to those FMs who say "just let them in and prove you don't need a TV Licence".

I say again, you can't prove you don't watch live TV, because all the inspection can prove is, the TV they are looking at is, at the time of the visit, incapable of receiving live TV broadcasts.

It's not proof that it wasn't being used for live TV watching, immediately before the visit, nor that it won't be so used, immediately after the visit.

Nor is it proof you don't have other TVs secreted away, or that you don't view live TV via other devices.

In simple terms, you cannot prove the negative!

This is it mate, I am amazed by all this crazy bbc stuff
    now after doing a little research, before when I was working I just payed the LF and never gave it much thought as if I was programmed to just pay it with out question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK so I take time to make up a new email and youtube account upload the vid to it and then copy/paste the link here......... What will that prove?????????

You're the one you stated you had filmed and had the evidence. You've taken the time to create this thread to publicise your thoughts so I don't see how its any more trouble to provide a link. Still the excuses keep coming, how typical. What's the next excuse?

Oh, and its hilarious you claim to be a "normal bloke" and take mock offence at being discovered for what you're doing yet in post 253 you post the same TVLR nonsense about people being paid to post here to hold an opposing view to you. The hypocrisy is delicious!
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,751
    Forum Member

But where in the letter does it say they TVL will enter your property...the only quote you provide actually states they may not even call round to ask why.

When the previous owners of this property had cable and moved out someone from the company called round to ask round and collect the box.

The premise for this thread is false as you clearly quote 'someone MAY call round to ASK why' nought about entering your property, you must have read the letter as you quoted it.

What next you going save money on the electric by claiming you only using gas...did you know you can get free electricity bypassing the meter?

You can live without live TV and don't miss but can't live without live debate....mmmm.

Would you not save money and electricity by not having a monitor, computer, router/modem all switched on to watch TV plus a top the range broadband subscription for an unlimited fibre connection?